Confused about companion gifts/influence per gift

Eoshadow

So I was reading one of the guides that stated that Rank 5 Purple gifts that are "loved" by companions give 2048 influence at the lower levels without the legacy bonus.

So I tried to give a companion one (with the legacy 30% bonus) and they only went up 1065 influence, without the bonus about 745.

Clearly I am misinterpreting something.

Pay your fee for the perk to max it out.

Perks / Character Perks / Legacy of Altruism under Companion

Edit: Sorry, saw the 30% part.

every 5 levels, the amount goes down that a gift provides.

You won't get 2k for anything once a comp is higher in influence.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Some companion gift guides are confusing in their descriptions of "love," "favorite," etc. To be honest, if I'm not sure which is which, I always start by giving the companion a rank 1 green gift and seeing how they respond.

The particular guide you linked is confusing for a different reason. What it calls "purple" is actually gold now. The gold rarity used to be a darker blue sort of purple, maybe better described as indigo. The guide calls that rarity purple and our purple pink.

(Which itself is sorta weird because I don't remember ever seeing the top rarity gift in any rank but 6, yet the guide acts like there's now-gold rarity in ranks 1-6. I don't think there's any lower rarity gifts in rank 6 either? Maybe that changed too, I dunno...)

The real info you need to know is that the guide is saying rank 5 purples give 819 and rank 6 golds give 2048 (at starting influence).

Edited by Estelindis

The companion isn't anywhere near where the amount should be going down. Still level 6

This is where I was looking

https://torcommunity.com/guides/companions#influence-love

you def have to give more detail, what companion is it and what gift are you giving along with what influence lvl is your companion currently?

And xordevoreaux is right once you get a certain lvl you aren't going to keep getting 2k the amount moves down for every couple (5 levels or so) that they gain.

From what your saying it sounds like your companion is over lvl 40 on the way to 50 which is correct.

Without bonus with lvl 5 purple companion gift that they love lvl 40 is 768 while lvl 50 is 512. So in between lvl 40-50 you will get less than 768 but more than 512 without bonus.

I would look for a different guide. That one is outdated and somewhat inaccurate now.

Shae Vizla has 2 or 3 gifts that will grant max influence per gift. Imp mem and Military Gear are the top 2 she likes the most.

Just do a bit of experimenting with the cheap low rank gifts from the vendor on the fleet. You will see quickly enough how the system works!

Estelindis pretty much had it right (well, everyone had good points).

The purple in your guide is now gold/yellow, the uber-expensive gifts that are only rank 6. Guide or not, they aren't available at ranks 1-5. You apparently used the "pink" gift, which goes from rank 1-5 (you used the rank 5 version)

These max out at 1065 with the 30% altruism bonus.

I was going to point you to Dulfy's guide, but it is apparently same as what you used.

And yeah, Dulfy uses "love" as top influence. My logic would have the order like<love<favorite, since you can love many things, but only one would be favorite. But that's me being critical.

You used the right gift, it is just "Pink" not "Purple" (i.e. Gold).

The companion isn't anywhere near where the amount should be going down. Still level 6

This is where I was looking

https://torcommunity.com/guides/companions#influence-love

This is going to be rather long, so I'll wrap a spoiler around it. Each companion with the type of gift they Love (which gives the most points)

Bounty Hunter

Mako Technology

Gault Luxury

Torian Cadera Military/Trophy

Blizz Technology/Underworld

Skadge Weapon/Underworld

Imperial Agent

Kaliyo Djannis Underworld

SCORPIO Consumable/Tech

Vector Cultural

Doctor Lokin Imp Memo/Tech

Ensign Temple Imperial Memo

Sith Inquisitor

Khem Val Cultural

Andronikos Revel Weapon

Ashara Zavros Rep Memo

Talos Drellik Cultural/Imp Memo

Xalek Military/Weapon

Sith Warrior

Vette Underworld

Malavai Quinn Imp Memo/Military Gear

Jaesa Willsaam (Dark) Weapon

Jaesa Willsaam (Light) Cultural/Rep Memo

Lieutenant Pierce Military/Weapon

Broonmark Trophy/Weapon

Jedi Consular

Qyzen Fess Weapon

Tharan Cedrax Luxury

Zenith Military Gear

Lieutenant Iresso Trophy

Nadia Grell Cultural

Jedi Knight

T7-01 Technology

Kira Carsen Rep Memo

Doc Courting/Luxury

Sergeant Rusk Military

Lord Scourge Trophy

Smuggler

Corso Riggs Weapon

Bowdaar Luxury/Trophy

Risha Luxury

Akaavi Spar Military/Trophy

Guss Tuno Rep Memo/Underworld

Trooper

Aric Jorgan Weapon

Elara Dorne Imp/Pub Memo

M1-4X Republic memo

Tanno Vik Underworld/Luxury/Artwork

Yuun Technology/Trophy

Misc/Promo/Special

C2-N2 Cultural/Maintenance

2V-R8 Cultural/Maintenance

HK-51 Military Gear

Niko Okarr Underworld

Treek Technology

HK-55 Military Gear

Z0-0M Republic Memorabilia

Ak’ghal Usar Cultural

Shae Vizla Imp Memo/Military

Master Ranos Republic Memorabilia

Darth Hexid Cultural

Gamorrean Guard Underworld/Weapons

KOTFE Main Chars

Arcann Military Gear/Imp Memo

Kaliyo (Post Ch 10) Weapon

Koth Vortena Weapon/Delicacies

Lana Beniko Cultural

SCORPIO Technology/Maintenance

Senya Tirall Luxury

T7-01 Technology

Torian (Post Ch 14) Trophy

Theron Shan Technology

Darth Marr Tech/Imp Memo

Empress Acina Cultural

Star Fortress Recruits

Choza Raabat Republic Memo

"Deadeye" Leyta Military Gear

K'krohl Luxury/Underworl

Hemdil Tre Imp/Pub Memo

Rokuss Trophy

Veroa Denz Imp Memo/Underworld

Cartel Market

All Animal companions except Wampa Delicacies

All Droids Maintenance

Wampa Military Gear/Imp Memo

Higher rank and higher "rarity" (green, blue, purple, gold) comes into play as well.

It takes around 375 purple rank 5's, with all 3 legacy boosts to get a companion from 1-50. I just did this the other day, so it's still fresh in my mind. (Thank god for a mouse that can click for me when needed).

Edited by PorsaLindahl

So I was reading one of the guides that stated that Rank 5 Purple gifts that are "loved" by companions give 2048 influence at the lower levels without the legacy bonus.

So I tried to give a companion one (with the legacy 30% bonus) and they only went up 1065 influence, without the bonus about 745.

That guide is wrong or you're confusing purple with the legendary items. A level 1 companion will get 1065 with the legacy bonus. 932 at level 10 to 14.99, 799 at level 15 to 20.99, 666 at level 20 to 29.99, 532 at level 30 to 39.99 and 399 at level 40 to 50

It takes around 375 purple rank 5's, with all 3 legacy boosts to get a companion from 1-50. I just did this the other day, so it's still fresh in my mind. (Thank god for a mouse that can click for me when needed).

478 to be specific.

Edited by Tahana

Strange. I had 75 of one type and 500 of another type. Started with the 75, then went on to the 500. When my comp hit 50, I still had 200 gifts left in my inventory.

Maybe you've gotten lucky with a bug.. I've leveled so many Darth Hexid's from 0 and Ensigns that it is permanently ingrained into my memory.. (due to the elcheapo gifts we were able to buy not so long ago) Well that and now getting Shae leveled on DH characters.

Edited by Tahana

Maybe you've gotten lucky with a bug.. I've leveled so many Darth Hexid's from 0 and Ensigns that it is permanently ingrained into my memory.. (due to the elcheapo gifts we were able to buy not so long ago) Well that and now getting Shae leveled on DH characters.

It was Shae that I did this on. I fed her 75 purple rank 5 weapons, then switched to Imp Memo's. I was thinking that it would take closer to 500, which is why I pulled 500 Imp Memo's. So maybe I did catch a lucky bug, because I remember having 200 Imp Memo's left when she capped.

It was Shae that I did this on. I fed her 75 purple rank 5 weapons, then switched to Imp Memo's. I was thinking that it would take closer to 500, which is why I pulled 500 Imp Memo's. So maybe I did catch a lucky bug, because I remember having 200 Imp Memo's left when she capped.

I'll have to try the Imp memos then. I did armor because the were giving the standard bonus compared to others

Edit: Just tried Imp memos on Shae on my Shadow.. Was 478. You got lucky.. Want to sell your dice? ;)

Edited by Tahana

Rank 5 purple gifts never award that much influence, ever.