Livestream by Vulkk with Eric & Charles in 15 mins.

JennyFlynn

Vulkk, maker of epic YouTube videos, is doing a Livestream soon discussing game updates for 5.9 & 5.10 and hopefully getting questions answered. Eric and Charles will be joining him, you can tune in here; https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=0x3WbDyKR0g

Recap / on-the-fly notes below:

Uh so far, Nathema chapter will actually launch from a different location 'kind of a spaceport', we'll be seeing if anything changed on Nathema now Vitiate is dead (and they confirmed he is most definitely dead and gone, phew), about 5 bosses in the FP including a bonus boss, one boss spins and does laser stuff and this is a story heavy FP.

Also the reason they don't give us more than a 2-3 month preview of upcoming stuff has nothing to do with Disney/EA regulations, it's just because they wanna maintain flexibility in case of changes, to avoid promising stuff that's possibly not coming or delayed.

Conquest discussion now; Legacy restriction is not going away but they will and are still tweaking it to make it better. Vulkk compared the alt-unfriendliness of Conquest now to the initial introduction of Galactic Command which took months to improve, how long will it be before Conquest becomes more alt-friendly and according to Eric, they're hoping to see a big improvement by 5.9

Returning 5.9 Companions; Akaavi & Mako returning as a couple, Felix finally coming back and has been through somewhat 'tragic' circumstances in his story during your absence.

Future story delivery method will be more like Shadows of Revan/Preludes than the Chapter's we've gotten used to.

5.10: Targeting July, hoping to include a lot of PvP stuff, an Arena in Shae Vizla's mando compound, working on a warzones, looking at week to week PvP events (joking example; what if for one week 8 v 8 is back? Or everyone in Huttbal has only 1 hit point *laughing*), new warzone is not a guarantee but they are trying.

Rishi Stronghold confirmed, they're really excited about it.

DS Jaesa is coming soon. A lot of work has been done on Scourge and Kira, not finished yet, hopefully coming in July or a little later. Charles won't say on their return method yet.

Pretty unlikely they're bringing Vaylin back, wouldn't work with the storyline but Charles is glad she's so popular.

"Will you agree SWTOR has seen less content in 2017 than in 2016 and even less so in 2018?" - Yes we agree but sort of. A lot of hard work has been done behind the scenes that players don't always see* (paraphrasing)

Chapters were great but a laser focus neglecting other areas and they want to be more inclusive.

Considering bringing Nightlife back for the Summer, no plans to return DvL

Can we expect weekly passes to come back? : Interesting but I can't give specifics right now, we do discuss it but its very tentative, it has complications compared to Galactic Command, it needs a better approach.

Upcoming subscriber promotions; When something is coming next it will be a completely new item, not like Shae & Nico and critique about Shae & Nico has been heard.

Theron's appearance, why was it changed and can we change it back?: I can't say much to avoid spoilers but the request has been very noted and considered by the team and in a world where you would get Theron back we would like to provide that.

Hope for Theron-romances?: Can't say much without giving away spoilers but Charles thinks Theron lovers will be very pleased.

No current plans to repeat CM Direct Sale that's going on now but the popularity has been noted and they do hope to bring it back.

"Will you agree that the engine for the game was not the best choice?" - Tricky question. We're barely on the engine it's very custom but C & E were not involved in choosing the game engine back during planning for the game so they don't have much to say about it.

"When is Malgus coming back?" - No serious answer, just banter, Charles is glad the Wiki page was fixed because now he has freedom again. The infamous carbonite scene was cut in early stages, at SDCC the makers of the cinematic shared it just for the sake of a fun Easter Egg based on random theorizing but not related to serious story plans.

Edited by JennyFlynn

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh so far, Nathema chapter will actually launch from a different location 'kind of a spaceport', we'll be seeing if anything changed on Nathema now Vitiate is dead (and they confirmed he is most definitely dead and gone, phew), about 5 bosses in the FP including a bonus boss, one boss spins and does laser stuff and this is a story heavy FP.

Discussing class changes now which I don't care about and am not paying a whole lot of attention to. :p

Also the reason they don't give us more than a 2-3 month preview of upcoming stuff has nothing to do with Disney/EA regulations, it's just because they wanna maintain flexibility in case of changes, to avoid promising stuff that's possibly not coming or delayed.

Edited by JennyFlynn

I will say Vulkk is definitely doing a good job. He's not shying away from more difficult questions and seems to be covering all bases so far in terms of game content. He's direct and not allowing for too much banter at the expense of getting more information.

Conquest discussion now; Legacy restriction is not going away but they will and are still tweaking it to make it better. Vulkk compared the alt-unfriendliness of Conquest now to the initial introduction of Galactic Command which took months to improve, how long will it be before Conquest becomes more alt-friendly and according to Eric, they're hoping to see a big improvement by 5.9

I'll be watching the boys instead! Am about to watch Supernatural. Asmodeus! 😍😰

I really have a villain complex.:o

Have fun though whoever is going going to tune in.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

Just roll back 5.7 :/ I'm pretty sure that will be better received.

Discussing class changes now which I don't care about and am not paying a whole lot of attention to. :p

Ooooooooou, that's really interesting! I wonder if the planet can regain some kind of life?

Quick notes relayed best as possible as the stream is still live;

Returning 5.9 Companions; Akaavi & Mako returning as a couple, Felix finally coming back and has been through somewhat 'tragic' circumstances in his story during your absence.

Future story delivery method will be more like Shadows of Revan/Preludes than the Chapter's we've gotten used to.

5.10: Targeting July, hoping to include a lot of PvP stuff, an Arena in Shae Vizla's mando compound, working on a warzones, looking at week to week PvP events (joking example; what if for one week 8 v 8 is back? Or everyone in Huttbal has only 1 hit point *laughing*), new warzone is not a guarantee but they are trying.

Rishi Stronghold confirmed, they're really excited about it.

DS Jaesa is coming soon. A lot of work has been done on Scourge and Kira, not finished yet, hopefully coming in July or a little later. Charles won't say on their return method yet.

Pretty unlikely they're bringing Vaylin back, wouldn't work with the storyline but Charles is glad she's so popular.

"Will you agree SWTOR has seen less content in 2017 than in 2016 and even less so in 2018?" - Yes we agree but sort of. A lot of hard work has been done behind the scenes that players don't always see* (paraphrasing)

Chapters were great but a laser focus neglecting other areas and they want to be more inclusive.

Considering bringing Nightlife back for the Summer, no plans to return DvL

Can we expect weekly passes to come back? : Interesting but I can't give specifics right now, we do discuss it but its very tentative, it has complications compared to Galactic Command, it needs a better approach.

Upcoming subscriber promotions; When something is coming next it will be a completely new item, not like Shae & Nico and critique about Shae & Nico has been heard.

Theron's appearance, why was it changed and can we change it back?: I can't say much to avoid spoilers but the request has been very noted and considered by the team and in a world where you would get Theron back we would like to provide that.

Hope for Theron-romances?: Can't say much without giving away spoilers but Charles thinks Theron lovers will be very pleased.

** The above is just my quick scribbles for now as they're still going. ;)

Edited by JennyFlynn

No current plans to repeat CM Direct Sale that's going on now but the popularity has been noted and they do hope to bring it back.

"Will you agree that the engine for the game was not the best choice?" - Tricky question. We're barely on the engine it's very custom but C & E were not involved in choosing the game engine back during planning for the game so they don't have much to say about it.

"When is Malgus coming back?" - No serious answer, just banter, Charles is glad the Wiki page was fixed because now he has freedom again. The infamous carbonite scene was cut in early stages, at SDCC the makers of the cinematic shared it just for the sake of a fun Easter Egg based on random theorizing but not related to serious story plans.

Edited by JennyFlynn

Interested and concerned by the "tragic" story of Felix - can't wait to learn more in 5.9. :(

Charles actually apologized to consular players for bringing consular companions back so slowly. :eek: But then he only mentioned non-consular companions coming back in the next update in July... :rolleyes:

Actually not really random as there have been a lot of players asking for Rishi since Rishi was introduced.

I guess I wasn't around when Rishi was introduced, but here at least, while it may not be worth much, it isn't something I've generally seen being requested.

Again, thanks for the break down!

Stream's wrapped up--I'm genuinely impressed with Vulkk, he did wonderful and I do recommend people go watch the video when they can.

Also, we'll soon receive a screenshot to tease/preview Nathema.

Yes, he did, he did a wonderful job, touched on all the things I was interested in for one, so that made me happy. :)

Did they say why?

Basically that they want to force players to do more variety of objectives. They say they're adding more of the legacy one-offs as well. So people with alts will have to plan which character(s) they want to play.

No more spontaneity.