New Augments – Game Update 5.9

EricMusco

farm, farm, farm, farm and farm. farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.

In the year 2025, video game reviewers on youtube will look back at this, as one of those moments, akin to the NES karate kid 2 video game or one of those old video games with no saves or atari's ET.

Why not wait until after conquest is fixed at the very least, or atleast a year after the 236 augs? I have other toons to work on. I gotta go back and farm on the toon I just max geared. It's wack. I wasted so much cartel coins to make my toons look amazing and there's no time to play them. It's just wack.

If you want players to stay with the game, encourage them to play their alts, so players can play different classes and not get bored to *&@^#*@@ death.

Anthem is waiting in the wings.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So widening the gap with class imbalance wasn’t enough, you also want to widen the gear gap. It is obvious they are pushing this MMO to maintenance mode. Buff snipers and do nothing for mid tier and low tier dps..... Geared sniper with new Augs vs Powertech..... lay your bets

Now if they would have simply made adjustments to bolster to close this pending issue I would probably not jump to a conspiracy theory

Edited by Glocko

yah your doing it again, mats that can be got from ranked, to make augs>>> Remove thos mats from ranked, there are to many people in wz and ranked that dont give **** about anything other then cxp or those mats as it is

Yes remove them.. but you will waiting in your dead que.

Do you think anyone has any real reason to play ranked ? How many do you think would que for it if there is nothing to be gained. ?

Sorry but your are deluding yourself. People need a reason to que for certain activities.. MATS is a good enough reason.

Yes remove them.. but you will waiting in your dead que.

Do you think anyone has any real reason to play ranked ? How many do you think would que for it if there is nothing to be gained. ?

Sorry but your are deluding yourself. People need a reason to que for certain activities.. MATS is a good enough reason.

Yes, this is correct. And to add to that, isn't the whole point of ranked for 95% of ranked players to beat up on a worthless unskilled team? Yeah, there are a few real pvpers that enjoy a challenge but typically MMO PvP is all about the faceroll.

As an FYI Eric answered this with his Vullk interview.. Master mode FP with a 'possibility' of the last boss in Vet mode (maybe)..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=947333

Also it is BOE, which means you can buy it on the GTN. At first they will be expensive, but as more people get them and not need them, the more will appear on the GTN. Give it a few weeks/months and there will be so many cheap ones, that people will wonder why this was ever an issue.

I think the biggest challenge will be getting the mats. This is much more difficult or time consuming than getting a schematic.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Also it is BOE, which means you can buy it on the GTN. At first they will be expensive, but as more people get them and not need them, the more will appear on the GTN. Give it a few weeks/months and there will be so many cheap ones, that people will wonder why this was ever an issue.

I think the biggest challenge will be getting the mats. This is much more difficult or time consuming than getting a schematic.

He had stated that in his message, but yes you're correct. Sorry that I didn't detail it out, but the purpose of the post was to point out that he did indeed state that the drops were from MM almost exclusively. In fact he wasn't sure that it would even drop from vet mode.

I'm getting tired of new augments being added to the game. I already spent hundreds of millions of credits on 236 augments for all my toons and now you're adding even better augments. Oh and these new augments won't even help me because my tank and fury marauder is getting nerfed anyway. So I'm going to have to spend another half a billion credits just to do the same numbers. Nice.

Fury Mara damage isn’t being nerfed (you can’t count Bloody Slashes because no one in their right mind uses it to do any real damage). So I don’t see how you wouldn’t do the same amount of damage. The chnage is to Ruthless Agressor and it’s minor and needed.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Hey Eric,

I've got an idea, what if instead of constantly upgrading augments, we started upgrading our crystals instead? seeing as how that is item rating 136 (or whatever), we could improve the crystals to 236, 240, or even 248? Maybe even make them different types:

+x amount of endurance, or

+x amount of shield, or

+x amount of alacrity

...you get the idea. This would give the player base even more opportunity for customizing their toons, and possibly adjust for hm or nim content, or ranked pvp. We haven't seen an increase to crystals, in a while - just thought that could be another option instead of augments...

Hey Eric,

I've got an idea, what if instead of constantly upgrading augments, we started upgrading our crystals instead? seeing as how that is item rating 136 (or whatever), we could improve the crystals to 236, 240, or even 248? Maybe even make them different types:

+x amount of endurance, or

+x amount of shield, or

+x amount of alacrity

...you get the idea. This would give the player base even more opportunity for customizing their toons, and possibly adjust for hm or nim content, or ranked pvp. We haven't seen an increase to crystals, in a while - just thought that could be another option instead of augments...

The problem with that is twofold: One, it will effect the usefulness of Cartel Market crystals. Two: it requires a rebalance of all the crafted crystals. Back in the day, the crystals you could make via Artifice had lower stats, then bioware adjusted them all to match CM gear.

If they allow you to find/pick up new crystals, Cartel Market Item fans will riot. If they rebalance everything, then all we're doing is padding numbers for everyone as early as day 1.

As for Adding new types, I'd be happy with that. Going for a machine gun sniper build and stacking more alacrity could be fun, as would getting +shield for my tanks. But making the stat values bigger could cause issues.

Edited by Shuragel

Did people ask about mats?

The new augs will probably cost 2x in mats of the 236 ones (based on past experience where they always just double the cost of things)...

Everyone I know has way to many encrypted memories and not enough charged matters. The GTN on star forge has charged matter at 1.7 mil(ish) and encr memos are under 200k, so it seems everyone has a shortage of charged matters.

You could fix the drop rates, or you could make the schems cost more encr mems and fewer charged matters.