New Augments – Game Update 5.9

EricMusco

They can do anything they want. It's there game, and you pay them to design it they way they feel is best.

Sure, it's also my perogative to stop paying should i see fit; as such they should feel obligated to appease as much of their consumer base as possible. Pleasing everyone is impossible, of course, but sending people running over conquest means they.need to tread rather lightly at the moment.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
This is also confusing to me too. Current schematics are BoL. It seems that these are intentionally NOT that. The question tho is, are these going to be BoP which means you MUST run the FP to get a shot at making these? Or BoE, which although weird to describe schematics, means that you will be able to post/sell/trade these, and you won't have to run the FP whatsoever?

If BoE, I suppose it will work out fine for those that don't want to run the FP (and not clear if it needs to be Master Mode either). But if it's BoP, that would really stink...

I realize the naming is confusing, since you don't actually equip the Schematic. Really, BoE means "not bound until taking a relevant action that would bind the item to you."

These Schematics are BoE, as in, if someone gets one in the Flashpoint they can sell or trade them freely. This means that the source of receiving them is only the Flashpoint but there is way more freedom to get them outside of the FP through the GTN, etc.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

-eric

Sure, it's also my perogative to stop paying should i see fit; as such they should feel obligated to appease as much of their consumer base as possible. Pleasing everyone is impossible, of course, but sending people running over conquest means they.need to tread rather lightly at the moment.

Every change results in some population leaving, and some people coming back (or new). What makes one population of people more important than others? And how can we truly determine how much of each population is affected enough to make a decision to leave (or come back)?

• Dev Post
*snip*

Are you going to change Bolster to accomodate these extra stats in REG pvp??

We are not adjusting Bolster as a part of 5.9. However, we are going to monitor power levels as players begin to get the augments and if needed, we can look at increasing Bolster in a later update.

-eric

Hey folks,

One of the things we have talked about is that with the launch of Game Update 5.9, there will be a new set of Augments introduced. These Augments are primarily targeted at players who participate in the games most difficult content, Operations and Ranked Warzones. Let’s talk about what they are and how you get them.

The new Augments will all be in a single tier at Item Rating 240 at Legendary quality. The stat distribution for these Augments will mirror the ones which were introduced in Game Update 5.6 (with the Copero Flashpoint).

To craft these Augments will require the same materials as those introduced in Game Update 5.6, but at higher quantities. As a reminder those materials can be found in Command Crates, from Master Mode Operation bosses, and from Ranked PvP Missions. We are also going to add crafting boxes with those materials to Conquests. Medium Yield planets will have a small crafting box and Large Yield Planets will have a large crafting box.

The Schematics to learn these new Augments will not be taught from a trainer. They will be Bind on Equip drops from the new Flashpoint in 5.9. In Master Mode, every boss has a chance to drop a Schematic and the final boss is guaranteed to drop one. Every enemy throughout the Flashpoint has a very low chance to drop one as well.

That is the breakdown of what you can expect of the new Augments, coming in Game Update 5.9. Thanks everyone, let us know if you have any questions.

-eric

Hello Eric;

with all respect, but are you really taken leave of your sences?

First you replace an enjoying conquest system with a funless crap System destroying small and medium guilds

Then you waste your insufficient ressources with things like new augments instead of rolling back the conquest system or repairing that junk so that it works like you told us. (no it works not for small and medium guilds and it works also not for reaching the personal goals for solo players).

And now this:

Why could the recipes only recived in Master Mode Fp, why not also in Story mode, GSF, PvP or in a new quest hub?

Why get small and medium guilds the materials not on Small Yield Planets?

It would be better:

• Small Yield = Small crafting box
  • Medium Yield = Medium crafting box
  • Large Yield = large crafting box

So take a step back and reflect what Fails you provide withhin the last weeks, stop to proceed in that way.

I don't like this. Casual PvPers or returning players will have a really hard time getting these as they will be even more expensive than the current ones. I fear this will deter some players.

You say this is targeted at players doing ranked and NiM, but those who don't use them in normal WZs will also be at a disadvantage. Please don't make the gear disparity in WZs larger. Gating it behind expensive materials/schematics only obtained in ranked, end game PvE, big guild conquest or rare RNG drops is not good, and this will just increase that. They should also be more available to solo/casual players.

Edited by Neulwen

Forth paragraph down, he says bind on EQUIP, not bind on pick-up. Which, given these are schematics should probably have said something about using them, since it's not like they can be worn.

Yes, this.

Also, will the schematics drop at all in the other versions of the flashpoint (solo, veteran)?

That’s how they “add new content” for pvpers. They encourage you to play things you don’t want to ;)

not at all in this case. like Musco replied, u can get the schematics on gtn. on the other hand i need to grind pvp content so i dont depend on rng boxes for crafting gear for my pve..

We are also going to add crafting boxes with those materials to Conquests. Medium Yield planets will have a small crafting box and Large Yield Planets will have a large crafting box.

Very happy about this. Even though I don't do much conquest it will put more mats on the market and reduce the price.

Hope the drop rate on bosses will be good.

Anyway thanks for the news.

Edited by Eloi_BG

We are not adjusting Bolster as a part of 5.9. However, we are going to monitor power levels as players begin to get the augments and if needed, we can look at increasing Bolster in a later update.

-eric

What about giving us a chance to get new recipes via solo ranked and team ranked so that your players could play what they want to play???

I am mildly optimistic about this change...

... but there need to be a few tweaks to this before it goes live.

First of all, why is the conquest reward for large planets a large box and for medium planets a small box, while the small planet gets nothing? Seriously? Was large/large, medium/medium, small/small too complicated or do you really want small guilds to give up on conquest completely?

Since conquest is kinda broken anyway, how about this fix: Allow small guilds to form an alliance for conquest. Add an alliance tab where you can add the names of guilds you want to ally with and where you can see requests from other guilds. Guild leaders accept or decline. Pick a name for the alliance and all conquest points from all guilds go towards that. Then 3 or 4 small guild can get together and try to tackle a medium planet.

Secondly, I don't mind running master mode FPs but isn't it kinda backwards that the materials are ranked PvP rewards while the augments are primarily aimed at the NiM raiders?

Please add the schematics and materials to HM and NiM operations as well.

Add the schematics as rare drops to all weekly PvP reward boxes (Warzones, Ranked, GSF).

Unless your goal is to keep the players busy with a frustrating grind, you shouldn't have an issue with making the new augments more accessible to everyone.

Also, just once, please keep in mind that most players have more than one character. Which means we need those augments for 5+ characters, each. Please add that to your calculations of progression speed in the game, thanks.

I don't like this. Casual PvPers or returning players will have a really hard time getting these as they will be even more expensive than the current ones. I fear this will deter some players.

You say this is targeted at players doing ranked and NiM, but those who don't use them in normal WZs will also be at a disadvantage. Please don't make the gear disparity in WZs larger. Gating it behind expensive materials/schematics only obtained in ranked, end game PvE, big guild conquest or rare RNG drops is not good, and this will just increase that. They should also be more available to solo/casual players.

Thats why i said that devs must start to think about pvp instead of focusing mostly on pve lol. It seems after drawing away APAC players they are trying to kick out pvp players so that they could finally state that swtor is finished.

Eric, as the GM of a small guild (raiding/RP-type) who don't have the numbers to even tackle a medium-yield planet, it does us a disservice not being able to receive crafting materials when completing conquest. It's rubbing many of us wrong. I do suggest that, with keeping the high-yield planet the same, having medium-yield planets provide a medium yield of the crafting materials and small-yield planets provide a small yield of the crafting materials. Additionally, as some guilds don't have the numbers yet to even hit the minimum target point, providing even one or two of each of the crafting materials as part of the individual reward would help the smaller guilds, too.

I realize the naming is confusing, since you don't actually equip the Schematic. Really, BoE means "not bound until taking a relevant action that would bind the item to you."

These Schematics are BoE, as in, if someone gets one in the Flashpoint they can sell or trade them freely. This means that the source of receiving them is only the Flashpoint but there is way more freedom to get them outside of the FP through the GTN, etc.

-eric

Thanks for the clarification! BoE is a happy middle ground here...

Eric, as the GM of a small guild (raiding/RP-type) who don't have the numbers to even tackle a medium-yield planet, it does us a disservice not being able to receive crafting materials when completing conquest. It's rubbing many of us wrong. I do suggest that, with keeping the high-yield planet the same, having medium-yield planets provide a medium yield of the crafting materials and small-yield planets provide a small yield of the crafting materials. Additionally, as some guilds don't have the numbers yet to even hit the minimum target point, providing even one or two of each of the crafting materials as part of the individual reward would help the smaller guilds, too.

They've no interest in helping smaller guilds.

It is clear that the "influencers" behind these changes were the large guilds, and Bioware will pander to them.

If you are in a Medium guild you may get some scraps from the table, if you are in a small guild prepare to be beaten like the proverbial red-headed step-child.

All The Best

-eric

Eric, wouldn’t it be better to just remove Augments from the Bolster equation all together and then people with bolstered gear could also wear them. That would remove any potential for an unfair gear gap because everyone would have the ability to use them and not just people with 242-248 gear.

I dont think increasing Bolster would be needed if you were to do that.

Yes, this.

Also, will the schematics drop at all in the other versions of the flashpoint (solo, veteran)?

I've asked this twice now.. Once on twitter with no answer. It reads like they'll only drop in MM version of the FP.

Hello Dev team:

Is there gonna be more space added to legacy vaults for our crafting mats? As someone who does crafting on most characters of all levels with many alts... space in the legacy vault is tight as it gets takes 4 full tabs in the legacy vault for mats and assembly components ...adding anything new to crafting is really pushing it... a little help in space would be appreciated...thank you for all your hard work

Fortissimus

This is unclear since you cannot equip a schematic :)

I hope they are freely trade able (or at least bound to legacy) so that you don't have to do the FP with your crafting characters.

This. One of my crafters can do it with no problems. The other two are just in 230 gear since they are further down the list of upgrading right now.

-eric

Okay that makes it better. Thanks.

Hey folks,

One of the things we have talked about is that with the launch of Game Update 5.9, there will be a new set of Augments introduced. These Augments are primarily targeted at players who participate in the games most difficult content, Operations and Ranked Warzones. Let’s talk about what they are and how you get them.

The new Augments will all be in a single tier at Item Rating 240 at Legendary quality. The stat distribution for these Augments will mirror the ones which were introduced in Game Update 5.6 (with the Copero Flashpoint).

To craft these Augments will require the same materials as those introduced in Game Update 5.6, but at higher quantities. As a reminder those materials can be found in Command Crates, from Master Mode Operation bosses, and from Ranked PvP Missions. We are also going to add crafting boxes with those materials to Conquests. Medium Yield planets will have a small crafting box and Large Yield Planets will have a large crafting box.

The Schematics to learn these new Augments will not be taught from a trainer. They will be Bind on Equip drops from the new Flashpoint in 5.9. In Master Mode, every boss has a chance to drop a Schematic and the final boss is guaranteed to drop one. Every enemy throughout the Flashpoint has a very low chance to drop one as well.

That is the breakdown of what you can expect of the new Augments, coming in Game Update 5.9. Thanks everyone, let us know if you have any questions.

-eric

yah your doing it again, mats that can be got from ranked, to make augs>>> Remove thos mats from ranked, there are to many people in wz and ranked that dont give **** about anything other then cxp or those mats as it is

Why a new FP for 5.9? No offense but the last two, how to say this, were not your best work by a long shot. Umbara is so laggy I get a headache. In GF most cancel out of it regardless of the timer punishment. I've tried Copero on Vet mode and we couldn't even get passed the 2nd boss. Too many mobs. Subjectively, both FPs aren't enjoyable imo, sad to say. Yes I know some of you love them and don't want the difficulty reduced. Consequently I've never even bothered with MM on either of these. And I love FPs. They're basically all I do now. Even SORs.

So why create another FP and put the drops only in MM? I could be completely wrong but does anybody do Copero/Umbara MM? Be honest please. :)

And, if it's just for NiM raiders and Ranked PVPers, wouldn't it make sense to put the drops in something those folks specialize in? Like a lower level Op or PVP?

farm, farm, farm, farm and farm. farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.farm, farm, farm, farm and farm.

In the year 2025, video game reviewers on youtube will look back at this, as one of those moments, akin to the NES karate kid 2 video game or one of those old video games with no saves or atari's ET.

Why not wait until after conquest is fixed at the very least, or atleast a year after the 236 augs? I have other toons to work on. I gotta go back and farm on the toon I just max geared. It's wack. I wasted so much cartel coins to make my toons look amazing and there's no time to play them. It's just wack.

If you want players to stay with the game, encourage them to play their alts, so players can play different classes and not get bored to *&@^#*@@ death.

Edited by HiddenPalm