SWTOR Classic Servers

xxpcwizardbetaxx

I think EA (SWTOR) should take Blizzard take and bring back a classic server because i miss when this game was actually a MMO and not a RPG with MMO elements in it.

I thought i bring this up because i m suck of the too high xp rate, no skill trees, too easy npcs etc and i like the classic swtor better than current version

so if you made a server 1.x.x or last version with skill trees

thanks

I think EA (SWTOR) should take Blizzard take and bring back a classic server because i miss when this game was actually a MMO and not a RPG with MMO elements in it.

I thought i bring this up because i m suck of the too high xp rate, no skill trees, too easy npcs etc and i like the classic swtor better than current version

so if you made a server 1.x.x or last version with skill trees

thanks

I wouldn't mind making a toon on that server. Back in the old days when content was actually tough. It wasn't omg hard, just way tougher than now. Had to wait til Tatooine to get our speeders, etc. I'd make one toon to try this server out.

This point came up for discussion the other night in Dromund Kass general chat. Players agreed that access to a "classic server" would allow old timers to replay the game as it was before version 4 and subsequent nerfs. It would also NOT allow the following:

1. Import of legacy, the classic server you would start fresh, no credits, no strongholds, no achieves

2. No granted companions, so in mail companions would be unavailable.

3. Purchased companions on account, this would be permitted but companions would be subject to stats, and that would exclude all but Treek, and HK-51 once quest completed.

4.Players would be limited to 24 characters if subscriber, 12 if preferred, 6 if free to play, no additional slots would be allowed.

Finally, no access to "Master's Datacron", Boost to 60 and Boost to 65 token, as the classic server would stop at level 60 max cap Ziost.

I bet most people would abandon their characters somewhere between Balmorra and Alderaan after remembering that you had to pretty much play all the side quests to level up and earn credits to buy your abilities and gear. The rate at which you gathered resources always seemed to prevent your crafting skill from being useful on the toon that is learning it. No sprint until level 15. Speeder piloting all later. No instant quick travel. No rocket boosts. No driving in the star ports. Valor requirements, Mercenary comms, Champ Bags, Ugly gear.

Yeah ... most people would quickly realize that once you've owned a snowmobile, it sucks to walk 5 miles to work / school and back ... in the snow (uphill both ways).

I bet most people would abandon their characters somewhere between Balmorra and Alderaan after remembering that you had to pretty much play all the side quests to level up and earn credits to buy your abilities and gear. The rate at which you gathered resources always seemed to prevent your crafting skill from being useful on the toon that is learning it. No sprint until level 15. Speeder piloting all later. No instant quick travel. No rocket boosts. No driving in the star ports. Valor requirements, Mercenary comms, Champ Bags, Ugly gear.

Yeah ... most people would quickly realize that once you've owned a snowmobile, it sucks to walk 5 miles to work / school and back ... in the snow (uphill both ways).

That's not really the case, if the other MMOs who have done something like this are any indication.

That's not really the case, if the other MMOs who have done something like this are any indication.

Really?

*Rhetorical Question*

-- How many characters do you have on the current servers that are below level 40 and haven't been played in a long time? I mean ... we have all those perks, boosts and 2xp events 1 out of every 4 weeks, yet we still don't complete what we start even though a person can go from 1 to 70 in a day with 2xp. We end up just using them for pack-rat storage and future considerations.

given their limited resources it seems I'd rather they focus sole on adding new content vs stopping that or diverting it away for something like this. Content is small enough as it is, I wouldn't want it suffer more then that as much as this would be a cool idea. Until they get to the point of releasing WoW sized content I would rather they not do this.

Only thing i want from the old days is the skill tree of pyro / prototype and what ever other name was

old server were deleted cuz player base to small but what should have happen is players shuold have help the game by idk geting there irl friend in to game

This point came up for discussion the other night in Dromund Kass general chat. Players agreed that access to a "classic server" would allow old timers to replay the game as it was before version 4 and subsequent nerfs. It would also NOT allow the following:

1. Import of legacy, the classic server you would start fresh, no credits, no strongholds, no achieves

3. Purchased companions on account, this would be permitted but companions would be subject to stats, and that would exclude all but Treek, and HK-51 once quest completed.

4.Players would be limited to 24 characters if subscriber, 12 if preferred, 6 if free to play, no additional slots would be allowed.

Finally, no access to "Master's Datacron", Boost to 60 and Boost to 65 token, as the classic server would stop at level 60 max cap Ziost.

If they did a classic server the cap would be level 50. :p

a) you could import a legacy it would just be scaled for the classic lvl 60 that was in 1.x.x era

b) Transfers cannot happen unless there was validation check to see if that character has item post 1.x.x and but this isn't issue since your not playing the classic server to use your post 1.x.x characters you on this server to play like the old days so this if you want this then classic server isn't for you

c) Strongholds, in mail companions, Trek, and HK etc anything post 2.0 don't belong on classic server so this is no issue if you want this then classic server isn't for you

d) Characters slots could be easy added to classic server since its only a set limitation by the GM

f Master's Datacron to boost to lvl 60 is easy web site purchase

e) If 1.x.x npcs, xp rate etc is too hard for you then this server isn't for its for the OGs or people that want a challenge when they play a character the current server are too easy atm

As already noted above, Lvl 50 was the original cap, not 60.

Also worth mentioning, the original game was on either a PvP, PvE, RP, or combo server. There were no instances like we have now for planets. So this new server would have to be all of those and since Expertise would be a stat again, the planetary populations would be smaller than they are now in the PvP instances (because people can't handle the thought of dying in the open world at the hands of another player ... especially one that has a special stat that they don't have) .

As already noted above, Lvl 50 was the original cap, not 60.

Also worth mentioning, the original game was on either a PvP, PvE, RP, or combo server. There were no instances like we have now for planets. So this new server would have to be all of those and since Expertise would be a stat again, the planetary populations would be smaller than they are now in the PvP instances (because people can't handle the thought of dying in the open world at the hands of another player ... especially one that has a special stat that they don't have) .

That special stat was so glorious when people wandered into outlaws den though lol. 😛😛

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...