Meme post from meme player. How to farm solo rating!

kiretana

Hi guys! You can hate me, you can envy me, but now I want to teach everyone how to get top places on leaderboard!

Im going to say all rules and real examples, but all names will be changed. I will say only about solo queue.

And yes! I dont ask you to use bugs and wintrade! You just need to know how its works!

For the begining you must to get few simple things how its work:

1. Ranked system hates you! All 2k+ players use any tricks! You are not allowed to win always even you are good player!

If you just queue and play you will stuck at 1300-1600 elo. For example I just qd my alt guardian as DPS and I stuck at 1500 elo.

It was enought for t-1 in first season, but not now. BTW s-1 was fair, but ppl started to cheat coz not enought noobs in que.

2. BW loves you! They understand that all top players use tricks and they understand why!

They always give them chance to get high rating, even with small pvp comunity. Thats why every season you need more and more rating to get tier-1.

Its not dependence how long is season! Believe me! All top places was taken at 3d month.

What do I mean? Every season you have some glitch! Remember backfils? Right! What was before it? Right! Alt+f4 and you dont lose elo.

They nerfed it at season 5 or 6, I dont remember... And what we can see now? Right! Backfils nerfed but alt+f4 returned.

Ok what if they nerf all ways to farm? All players will stuck at 1200 elo, and mass wintrade inc :p

OK lets start:

1. Delete all trolls and bads from friend list! Remember all guys with 700-900 elo are top players on alts.

Look at leaderboard from the end :D You will find all memes.

2. Add all good players to friends. You need to monitoring them, not their alts.

3. Never think that you are the best. I know alot of ppl who just play regs but they are really good.

4. Dont allow other ppl to monitor you! Always transfer and rename your chars!

5. Dont comunicate with others good players! Remember you are solo player! This part is rly hard for me :p

6. Decline all guild invites! Remember if guild master is pvp player he created guild only for himself! Not for you!

7. Never trust pvp guild masters! They want you in guild only for monitoring you! And if they have chance they will report you.

8. Be a good player! If you are bad nothing can help you. Even hard wintrade doesnt save you.

Now lets talk how ranked system forms teams. Im not sure but I have my 6 years experience. So its not random.

For example we have 8 players:

1. Starpamon 700 elo dps

2. Kaira 2900 elo dps

3. Luala 2700 elo dps

4. Hexis 900 elo dps

5. Pageriper 900 elo tank

6. Meme zerg 2600 elo dps

7. Snak shus 2200 elo tank

8. Oshay 1400 elo dps

Im sure fist team will summon Starpamon, Hexis, Pageriper, Oshay. Last one will be mad, others dont care. Ofc first team will be rekt.

Second team will summon high rated ppl (ill call em meme team). They will win and they will get +2 or +3 rating.

But they want more!

What if all low rated guys are alts of meme team? They que em first and wait the pop.

Starpamon, Hexis, Pageriper, Oshay are first low rated team have pop against decent but not meme team. Their opponents will simple players with 1500-1700 elo.

Now they are second high rated team. After that low rated team decline pop and all memes are in low rated team coz of backfil!

So now meme team will win decent team and will get +14 or +15 elo. Not double rating like 1 month ago but anyway. Decent team will lose 16 or 17 elo! And they will very mad!

How its possible to lose too much against high rated team? lol

And ofc if meme team gets synq fail they all Alt+f4.

What to do? Dont q if all memes online! Or if you have high enougth rating u can try to get place of memes alts! I like to do it btw.

Second example:

1. Kaira 2900 elo dps

2. Luala 2700 elo dps

3. Meme zerg 2600 elo dps

4. Nubrain 2300 elo tank

5. noname1 2150 elo dps

6. noname2 2200 elo dps

7. noname3 2100 elo dps

8. Tiretana 2800 elo tank

In this situation ranked system will try to equal both teams. So Tiretana will get all nonames in team. So Tiretana must to qdodge Nubrain!

Third example (same tanks but dps have no so much elo):

1. Kaira 2200 elo dps

2. Luala 2300 elo dps

3. Meme zerg 2250 elo dps

4. Nubrain 2300 elo tank

5. noname1 1800 elo dps

6. noname2 1400 elo dps

7. noname3 1500 elo dps

8. Tiretana 2800 elo tank

In this situation Tiretana will join memes and farm Nubrain. So Nubrain must to qdodge Tiretana.

If consider all players in solo q the system does not try to equal all! It try to form camp of losers and camp of winners.

Its like a balance between dark and light sides!

So if you are most rated of losers you will lose. If you are low rated loser but not thrower and trying to win you will farm elo.

And if you are most rated winner you will lose rating if you are only one in q with same rating. Thats why no reason to play fair if u get top place.

If you see top player in q you must be sure that he has thower or wintrader in q. If he has not he will lose rating.

If you see top player on stream its your chance! Just q and farm! He cant wintrade when streaming. But be sure next 2 days he will wintrade without stream.

And last thing. If you lose 1 game never suppose you can win second! Just analyze in what camp you are atm. Wait when situation with camps will change. Qdodge! And monitor memes.

May the Force serve you well

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha well written! And those "example names" :D :D

Anyway, true what you said, people over 2k rating don't have to necessarily cheat, but use tricks like you said, they know how, when and with whom to que. I've seen it a million times when those players just sent over gear to a no rating alt only to get into group with his 2k+ pal and farm people while on voice chat.

It's simply how it is in this game, the PVP guilds and friends have the highest places due to syncing, trading etc. then they come on forums saying its all legit (well to be fair it kinda of is, but still sucks) and that no one takes rating seriously and no one cares for rating.

But what ever, nice post, lets all have fun in the game.

this post is so poorly written and the information so wrong that I genuinely can't tell if it's intending to be serious or not

Now lets talk how ranked system forms teams. Im not sure but I have my 6 years experience. So its not random.

For example we have 8 players:

1. Starpamon 700 elo dps

2. Kaira 2900 elo dps

3. Luala 2700 elo dps

4. Hexis 900 elo dps

5. Pageriper 900 elo tank

6. Meme zerg 2600 elo dps

7. Snak shus 2200 elo tank

8. Oshay 1400 elo dps

Im sure fist team will summon Starpamon, Hexis, Pageriper, Oshay. Last one will be mad, others dont care. Ofc first team will be rekt.

Second team will summon high rated ppl (ill call em meme team). They will win and they will get +2 or +3 rating.

For example. This is so far from correct that my instinct to give you the benefit of the doubt is making me wonder if you're just trolling.

The teams will be 2900,2600,1400,900 vs 2700,2200,900,900. It will not be a +/- 2 or 3. Hardly an even match up, but certainly more winnable than the situation you presented. And in reality the ratings in queue are rarely *that* all over the place to produce such a wacky match anyway.

There's a reason that +2s and +3s are so rare in imp vs imp or republic vs republic matchups: it's because the team building algorithm I've presented is much closer to the reality than what you've presented. If the picture you've painted here were actually accurate you would see in-faction +3s all the time. But you don't because you're totally confused.

Further admittedly anecdotal evidence: I've been the highest or 2nd highest rated dps in queue from time to time. You end up playing against the other #1 or #2 dps over....and over....and over again (last season was fun because it was usually an arsenal merc and I was a marauder). #1 and #2 play against each other. Same with #3 and #4 and so on.

Edited by yellow_

this post is so poorly written and the information so wrong that I genuinely can't tell if it's intending to be serious or not

Im sorry for my english but im not joking! You said 2x 900 rated in one team and rest 900 elo in second team, but you didnt specify who is 900 elo tank. Im sure high rated guy never get 900 elo in team if other high rated guys in que!

That can happen only coz of someone cancel pop. For example 2 high rated guys are trying to wintrade in one time. And believe me half of all games get backfills atm! Wintraders everywhere :p

BTW i dont said about rep vs imp. Coz reps can win only on SF server atm.

For example. This is so far from correct that my instinct to give you the benefit of the doubt is making me wonder if you're just trolling.

The teams will be 2900,2600,1400,900 vs 2700,2200,900,900. It will not be a +/- 2 or 3. Hardly an even match up, but certainly more winnable than the situation you presented. And in reality the ratings in queue are rarely *that* all over the place to produce such a wacky match anyway.

There's a reason that +2s and +3s are so rare in imp vs imp or republic vs republic matchups: it's because the team building algorithm I've presented is much closer to the reality than what you've presented. If the picture you've painted here were actually accurate you would see in-faction +3s all the time. But you don't because you're totally confused.

Further admittedly anecdotal evidence: I've been the highest or 2nd highest rated dps in queue from time to time. You end up playing against the other #1 or #2 dps over....and over....and over again (last season was fun because it was usually an arsenal merc and I was a marauder). #1 and #2 play against each other. Same with #3 and #4 and so on.

Believe it or not there are elaborate ways in how to end up in same team with a friend quing. I had a few matches where we were 3 players with 2400+ in one team over and over, just cause the other 3 ppl in the team were syncing.

Im sorry for my english but im not joking! You said 2x 900 rated in one team and rest 900 elo in second team, but you didnt specify who is 900 elo tank. Im sure high rated guy never get 900 elo in team if other high rated guys in que!

That can happen only coz of someone cancel pop. For example 2 high rated guys are trying to wintrade in one time. And believe me half of all games get backfills atm! Wintraders everywhere :p

BTW i dont said about rep vs imp. Coz reps can win only on SF server atm.

I wasn't paying attention to the tank roles but it doesn't really change the point of my post, which is that you're clearly confused about how the queue works.

I mentioned that imp vs rep games are the only reliably source of extremely imbalanced +2 ELO games because that is evidence that you are wrong. If you were correct you would see these +2 type games from in-faction games all the time. But you don't see them all the time because the queue works more similarly to the way I've described than the way you have.

I haven't played on EU at all this season so I'm not in a position to comment on the amount of exploiting going on there. I'm just here to make it clear the picture you've painted about how the algorithm assigns teams is completely wrong.

Believe it or not there are elaborate ways in how to end up in same team with a friend quing. I had a few matches where we were 3 players with 2400+ in one team over and over, just cause the other 3 ppl in the team were syncing.
Don't hide the ball. How do they do that, then?

Unless you're talking about trinity games, in which case the highest healer, tank, and dps will all be on the same team (and hence why they are notoriously lopsided if the #2 players in these roles are not similar in rating).

I still don't see any actual argument that the algorithm I'm suggesting is incorrect.

Edited by yellow_

I still don't see any actual argument that the algorithm I'm suggesting is incorrect.

Its just fantastic if 2x2k rated+2x900elo against same team lol

System always stack high rated togever. And if you are not enought rated u will get noob team.

System always stack high rated togever. And if you are not enought rated u will get noob team.

This is just an argument that the queue works imperfectly (as if anyone is arguing otherwise). You're still not even really attempting to actually defend the blatantly incorrect information you presented in your post. If you had any shame, you'd edit.

Also, this anecdote you're bringing up isn't even a particularly realistic one. Several 2K+, one 1400, and a bunch of 900s? This is almost never what the queue actually looks like, especially on EU.

Kiretana, what does Alt + f4 do? And when are players doing this? Before the match starts, after? I never heard of this, excuse my ignorance.

I also have no idea what the backfill exploit is, what is this?

Your English is fine, anyone commenting on it is a rude ignorant person. I wish I could write and speak half as good as you do in English in a second language. Sadly I only know English and a small amount of words in a few other languages, but I could never carry a conversation in a second language.

Anyway, I am glad someone explains this stuff, even just sharing what you did so far. I always knew there were tricks people used I just never did them and the guys at the very top of ELO standings NEVER discuss how they do it. They only want you to think they are just that good. :p

Edited by Lhancelot

I can confirm that this is very true and the simplest explanation of your original post...

Losing will breed more losing because system matches people of similar ratings together vs higher rated team.

I had situations when shunkshas, kalim,merme nerk were in the same team 3 times in a row.

There is another posibility when shunkshas 2.2k will get 1700, 1600, 1260 and Kralim who is lets say 2k will get 1400, 1100, 980 rated people.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Sorry folks, old-person question incoming: What is a "meme player"? I understand what a meme is, but I have no idea what you guys mean when you say "meme player" in the context of ranked.

Kiretana, what does Alt + f4 do? And when are players doing this? Before the match starts, after? I never heard of this, excuse my ignorance.

I also have no idea what the backfill exploit is, what is this?

Your English is fine, anyone commenting on it is a rude ignorant person. I wish I could write and speak half as good as you do in English in a second language. Sadly I only know English and a small amount of words in a few other languages, but I could never carry a conversation in a second language.

Anyway, I am glad someone explains this stuff, even just sharing what you did so far. I always knew there were tricks people used I just never did them and the guys at the very top of ELO standings NEVER discuss how they do it. They only want you to think they are just that good. :p

Supposedly hitting ALT+F4 will prevent you from losing ELO despite leaving a match. I will blankly admit that I made a test run, and it doesn't work while waiting in spawn. Perhaps the counter needs to start first, but I felt too stupid to try again.

The backfill had to do with leaving a match before it starts, and then let a friend or your main character take the spot. Point was that you wouldn't lose elo when backfilled even if the match was lost.

As an actual 2k+ player on several characters I can say that this post is very very far from the truth.

First off I'd like to say that most 2k ranked players don't try to hide how they got to 2k (unless they got it illegitamently) but just simply don't care. The fact is that the "secrets" to getting to 2k have been posted thousands of times on the forums just most forum goers don't listen.

Getting to 2k requires three factors:

60% is knowing how to que.

30% is actual skill.

10% is your class and team comp

Knowing how to que is basicly knowing the ELO of other people in que and knowing which team the algorithm will place them. THE ALGORITHM IS NOT RANDOM. This way by knowing your own ELO you can place yourself in the algorithm and figure out which team you will be on. To know hoe the algorithm works, doc made an excellent post explaining it. 60% of the time, the teams are not fair and as long as you don't get globaled your team will either win or loose. You could be a horrible, amazing, or mediocre player and your presence in the game will not change who wins or looses.

Actual skill is how much you actually contribute to your team. You may think that every player contdibutes and there is no difference between you and another player but in most cases this is wrong. There is a large difference between 3k dps and 5k. There is a large difference between players that can phase out and heal to full every single time and players that only do it sometimes. There is a large difference between players who use their mezzes to mezz off targets, and players who don't. There is a difference between players that know how to kite and players who just run for their lives and kite to Africa. These types of differences carry. In 30% of all your games you will actually be in a fair fight where your ability and skill willl decide the outcome of the match.

Class and team comp generally means does your class effect the outcome of the match. I have never seen a dps jugg that is 2k rated that has not ranked at some point. That's because dps jugg's don't have good defensives. Regardless of skill or team, most dps jugg are a burden to the team. ON THE OTHER HAND, marauders generally preform very well in ranked regardless of team or skill. I have seen very very bad players get 2k on marauder because of class carry. However from another perspective some classes and specs mesh well with others. For example if your team's strategy is mezz healer go tank then having a dot spec such as an lethality operative will most likely not help your team and in fact hurt your team strategy because you can't mezz the healer if the healer has dots. On the other hand if you are versing 4 melee, then a dot spec might preform better because you can cleave and dot spread onto all 4 targets and do a lot of damage. This means that roughly 10% of the time your skill or any other factors don't matter because the opposite team will simply have a better comp.

Knowing each factor and how to use each factor to improve their win chance is a players guide to getting 2k.

Edited by septru

Supposedly hitting ALT+F4 will prevent you from losing ELO despite leaving a match. I will blankly admit that I made a test run, and it doesn't work while waiting in spawn. Perhaps the counter needs to start first, but I felt too stupid to try again.

The backfill had to do with leaving a match before it starts, and then let a friend or your main character take the spot. Point was that you wouldn't lose elo when backfilled even if the match was lost.

Thanks for explaining that. :)

As an actual 2k+ player on several characters I can say that this post is very very far from the truth.

First off I'd like to say that most 2k ranked players don't try to hide how they got to 2k (unless they got it illegitamently) but just simply don't care. The fact is that the "secrets" to getting to 2k have been posted thousands of times on the forums just most forum goers don't listen.

30% is actual skill.

Knowing how to que is basicly knowing the ELO of other people in que and knowing which team the algorithm will place them. THE ALGORITHM IS NOT RANDOM. This way by knowing your own ELO you can place yourself in the algorithm and figure out which team you will be on. To know hoe the algorithm works, doc made an excellent post explaining it. 60% of the time, the teams are not fair and as long as you don't get globaled your team will either win or loose. You could be a horrible, amazing, or mediocre player and your presence in the game will not change who wins or looses.

Actual skill is how much you actually contribute to your team. You may think that every player contdibutes and there is no difference between you and another player but in most cases this is wrong. There is a large difference between 3k dps and 5k. There is a large difference between players that can phase out and heal to full every single time and players that only do it sometimes. There is a large difference between players who use their mezzes to mezz off targets, and players who don't. There is a difference between players that know how to kite and players who just run for their lives and kite to Africa. These types of differences carry. In 30% of all your games you will actually be in a fair fight where your ability and skill willl decide the outcome of the match.

Class and team comp generally means does your class effect the outcome of the match. I have never seen a dps jugg that is 2k rated that has not ranked at some point. That's because dps jugg's don't have good defensives. Regardless of skill or team, most dps jugg are a burden to the team. ON THE OTHER HAND, marauders generally preform very well in ranked regardless of team or skill. I have seen very very bad players get 2k on marauder because of class carry. However from another perspective some classes and specs mesh well with others. For example if your team's strategy is mezz healer go tank then having a dot spec such as an lethality operative will most likely not help your team and in fact hurt your team strategy because you can't mezz the healer if the healer has dots. On the other hand if you are versing 4 melee, then a dot spec might preform better because you can cleave and dot spread onto all 4 targets and do a lot of damage. This means that roughly 10% of the time your skill or any other factors don't matter because the opposite team will simply have a better comp.

Knowing each factor and how to use each factor to improve their win chance is a players guide to getting 2k.

This was an interesting read.

30% is actual skill.

Well yes but the OP does have some points as well, in fact he was attempting to let people in on the fact that knowing how to queue is a big part of it.

It's entirely true some people meme. Although parts of the post were (joking?) hyperbole , like all players 700-900 elo are alts messing around.

Edited by RACATW

How can you possibly influence how the queue works? I get that you can queue dodge tanks and healers if you play either yourself, but that is kinda impossible as a dps class. Even if you add 100 players to your list, there is no way of knowing who you will end up with or against.

by several characters do you mean 2 operatives?

30% is actual skill.

You can get to 2K with ***zero*** queue manipulation, even on a middling dps spec like deception. My sin started at like 1000 rating this season because I just press the queue button and repeatedly got players that you simply cannot win with during my first 10. I don't really mind, I just want to play games. I continued to just press the queue button, pulled my weight and improved at deception, and now it is at 1998. I don't queue dodge or set thresholds for logging off if I lose 2 games or whatever other things people feel are "necessary" to climb.

Doing that sort of thing is certainly helpful but to say getting to 2K is 60% knowing how to queue when you can hit 2K without doing it at all is bizarre.

Edited by yellow_

You can get to 2K with ***zero*** queue manipulation, even on a middling dps spec like deception. My sin started at like 1000 rating this season because I just press the queue button and repeatedly got players that you simply cannot win with during my first 10. I don't really mind, I just want to play games. I continued to just press the queue button, pulled my weight and improved at deception, and now it is at 1998. I don't queue dodge or set thresholds for logging off if I lose 2 games or whatever other things people feel are "necessary" to climb.

So there you are at level 19xx and you have just lost two matches in a row, due to forces beyond your control (throwers, trolls, bad players etc). You have just lost 30-40 elo and now you need 4-5 wins just to break even. So you win the next 3 and then you lose another one. Now you need at least 4 win, again only to break even. This is the pattern I am constantly seeing. No matter how well I play, the match can still be lost, and the elo loss is often quite harsh. If elo loss/win was based on match performance, then sure I could see your point.

So there you are at level 19xx and you have just lost two matches in a row, due to forces beyond your control (throwers, trolls, bad players etc). You have just lost 30-40 elo and now you need 4-5 wins just to break even. So you win the next 3 and then you lose another one. Now you need at least 4 win, again only to break even. This is the pattern I am constantly seeing. No matter how well I play, the match can still be lost, and the elo loss is often quite harsh. If elo loss/win was based on match performance, then sure I could see your point.
I was just giving my thoughts on getting to 2K being 60% "knowing how to queue." As I said, how does a thing you don't have to do eat up 60% of it? As opposed to things like a modicum of skill (this is heavily modulated by the spec you're playing, of course) or playing enough games (you will almost certainly need at least 100) - these are examples of things you really must have in order to hit 2K.

To your point: I have absorbed a LOT of unwinnable games. They're inevitable. But I have also largely (perhaps even completely) counter acted those losses with games I could scarcely have lost. And, most importantly, I win a very significant portion of my toss up games (the ones I don't irk me far more than the unwinnable/thrown games do). And remember, we ourselves are major part of why a given game is probably a loss, probably a win, or a toss up. A game that was more of a toss up suddenly becomes a very probable win because you loaded in instead of average joe.

Doc. Tbh I don't think this season has been as bad as others. You can consistently get multiple brackets of solos and I have seen far less of phobos, daddy Winchester, and aryaax than last season.
Perhaps. That still doesn't make "knowing how to queue" something you *have* to do. Helpful? Unquestionably. But still not necessary. Edited by yellow_

Perhaps. That still doesn't make "knowing how to queue" something you *have* to do. Helpful? Unquestionably. But still not necessary.

Come on, who are we fooling? Top tier players always take every advantage they can, or learn how to use it.

Even in regs theres a point where you have to take a break from the queue to get out of sync with bads.

I can count on one hand the people I know who didn't cheat in some way competitively in ESL games.

Edited by RACATW