<Elders of the Republic> Guild for Older Players

SpinForbidden

This guild sounds perfect for my husband and I. We are returning after an extremely LONG hiatus and essentially re-learning the game. Unfortunately, we are EST so I don't know how much we would actually be able to participate outside of being more casual/social.

I am central time myself. It is a great group of people and there are usually a few people on even during east coast prime times. I know there are at least a couple east coasters and a couple others in central time. Everyone is helpful and friendly. Give it a try with at least one toon and see how your play times mesh. I haven’t been in a guild this like this in a really long time. It is great!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am central time myself. It is a great group of people and there are usually a few people on even during east coast prime times. I know there are at least a couple east coasters and a couple others in central time. Everyone is helpful and friendly. Give it a try with at least one toon and see how your play times mesh. I haven’t been in a guild this like this in a really long time. It is great!

Thanks! I'll get in contact with a member in game and ask for an invite. I appreciate the information. :)

Hi Wired,

It's Friday night, which is our training operation night. It's at 9pm PST. I guarantee someone will be on tonight to get you a guild invite. Let us know your main toon's name and we'll keep a lookout for you.

You can send an in-game message to De-rezz (me) as well if you'd like. Also, the friends/social tab allows you to search for "Elders". You can search for Elders players who are currently on by using that.

Hope that helps!!

De-rezz

• 2 weeks later...

I am very interested in your guild(s).

I am old.. well, physically.. yeah, old. *swings cane* "Get out of my space yard!"

I played D&D before it required a version number..

I have adult kids.. and grandkids..

Saw Star Wars in '77..

Remember having 3 channels on TV...

Yeah.. old.

I am just coming back from an extended break from the game, and decided to start new. Brand new lovely level 1 characters. 4 on each faction. I did this because enough has changed in the game, I figured it would just be easier to relearn from start.

I am interested in pve content, raids, operations, general silliness, social activities, and above all, FUN. I have zero interest in anything pvp related. I just don't enjoy it, and when I tried it I wasn't very good at it. So, I figure it is just easier to stay out of the way of the players who do enjoy that activity. I am looking to learn the raids, operations, etc. I used to know some of them, but would really enjoy playing through the content and learning the various fights.

Anywho, that is me, and what I am looking for.

On a side note.. if this is the same Elders guilds that was on Harbinger, I joined y'all right before I had to take a long extended break (2 years, because of medical issues with my late wife) from the game and never got a chance to play with you folks.

Hi Demosthenez!

Sorry for the tardiness of the response. Most of us are busy with our jobs, professions, businesses, children, grandchildren, etc. The guild was indeed formed on The Harbinger several years ago and we would very happily welcome you back. In essence, we haven't changed very much over the past several years; we're still a group of older players who enjoy getting together in a mature atmosphere. We have grown larger - we had an all-guild 16-character operation last Friday - and we have more amenities now such as guild flagships for both our Republic and sister Imperial guild. Our guildmaster and others have decorated them nicely. We have some pictures on our website (a link can be found in my signature below).

If you have a chance to search for "Elders" in the who tab of the game search, you should be able to find some of us, especially in the PM hours (Pacific Time). We have guild raids every Friday night starting around 9 PM PST, so that would be a great time to whisper us.

Thanks for rejoining the game. It's a lot of fun!

Edited by SpinForbidden
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
We started in December of 2015 on The Harbringer server, and are still going strong three years later in our new home on Satele Shan. If you're over 40 and are looking for a solid guild with very little drama, weekly events, and people who just love Star Wars. This is the place. Come join us!

• 2 weeks later...
We started in December of 2015 on The Harbringer server, and are still going strong three years later in our new home on Satele Shan. If you're over 40 and are looking for a solid guild with very little drama, weekly events, and people who just love Star Wars. This is the place. Come join us!

It's true; the guild continues to be welcoming, fun and tolerant of the busy lifestyle of a grown-up. We'll welcome you when you can join us, and not penalise you when life, jobs, kids, grandkids, spouses, pets, travel and so forth commandeer your time. There's no drama; just shared love of Star Wars and Bioware.

We're also planning some Hallowe'en activities, so if you're over 40, find us online by putting "Elders" in your search bar, and start working on your costume!

<Elders of the Republic> was founded Dec 2015 on the Harbinger by a 40+ year-old manager of a large manufacturing plant in the Pacific Northwest with the sole purpose to provide a gathering place for 40+ year-old SWTOR business professionals. Over the years, <Elders of the Republic> has fulfilled that purpose and has grown into something more.

We are professionals and artisans, day laborers and civic managers, single, parents, and grandparents united by a long-abiding love of Star Wars and a desire for the a sensible, patient, and mature community. We do not have an appetite for pettiness. We've have quite enough of that at work and home, thank-you.

We are primarily a "Social" guild, but we've run weekly training operations for our members who want to try something new, and come together for PVP, Flashpoints, and other group content on an ad hoc basis and participate irregularly in conquest events. We have a sister guild <Elders of the Sith> and all the standard amenities (Stronghold, Flagship, +10% XP boost). Some of our members participate in hardmode operations and other more challenging content as well.

If you are a 40+ year-old player looking for a guild home, check out our

website http://republicelders.gamerlaunch.com or look us up in-game. Please enter "Elders" in the search options for the Social Tab. You can also message in-game Celsfalia (our guildmaster) or Kallinos.

Returning social/casual player . On about 2-4 times weekly.

Right now I am re rolling as I've been gone almost a year playing other games.

Just looking for a friendly lot to have people to chat with and run things together .

I play both Republic as well as Empire.

Right now I am really into the Smuggler Story.

Empire wise I have a Inquisitor .

Thank you . Have a great day!

ZeroAnjel:

Greetings! <Elders of the Republic> might be what you are looking for. First off, welcome back! I took a break from SWTOR about a year ago also but found myself rejoining the game and enjoying it more than ever. One of the things that brought me back to SWTOR is the guild. I've been a part of it for nearly three years, and it's always been a place for sensible, mature men and women. During the week, we usually have fewer players online, but we come together for events. For instance, we had back-to-back guild 16-toon operations last Friday night, which were incredibly fun.

Feel free to send in-game mail to Celsfalia (our guildmaster), or Kallinos (my main) or type "Elders" in the in-game search field. I'm only on about an hour each day right now because of work, and it's usually after 10 PM Pacific time, but all of our members have invite privileges.

I hope to see you in-game!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I too an older player 40+ I also live in the Pacific Northwest. I am able to play a couple hours a night during weekdays and more-so on weekends, ( I never been married and have no children, fewer responsibilities). However, I do have some travel requirements associated with my work. A brief background of my SWTOR experience. I first began playing upon launch and stopped around Hutt release started again during KOFE and stopped again. I have been back now for 2 months. I level a Jedi Guardian and working on a trooper currently. I have two bounty hunters level 65 and a level 65 sith assassin. Currently, my Jedi Guardian is full T-1 geared and striving for T-2. I am interested in doing operations with the guild. I do some PVP and flashpoints. I am also trying to do the content on my Jedi Guardian following the content map/release. I am currently in another guild that is a social guild but they seem to or I have been unable to identify any guild raids. Additionally, for full disclosure, and I hope this is not deal-breaker, I do not know the tactics or I have forgotten them for all the operations. However, when I did play I have completed at one time a long time ago all the original operations and Kragga's place on nightmare mode, ( I don't know if that mode exists anymore). I hope you take me under consideration as a member of your guild and look forward to playing with you all in the near future.

For the month of October, <Elders of the Republic> players joined with <Elders of the Sith> to participate in 16-character operations, completing both Terror from Beyond and Dread Fortress in storymode. Last Friday evening, our Guildmaster Celsfalia hosted a "costume party" for our joint guild with a number of us participating before launching our evening operation. It was a lot of fun, and De-rezz, one of our officers, had prizes for all participants.

Most of us wish there were more hours in the day so we could use them to play SWTOR. But, as a guild, we're "in it" for the long haul. If we can't get away from our real-life commitments in the short term, we'll spread the enjoyment over the next months and years.

• 3 weeks later...
<Elders of the Republic> has been "hopping" lately. We have had the pleasure of accepting several new 40+ year-old members these past two weeks, a couple of whom joined us for our most recent Friday evening training operation. We ran an all-guild 16-character Storymode Dread Palace operation. Some of our players hadn't attempted the operation before. As always, it was a real pleasure. If you would like to join an established guild of older players that is still lively and growing, please consider <Elders of the Republic> and look us up in-game. All of our members have invite privileges.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Woobies, thank you for your interest in <Elders of the Republic>. We do have a sister guild, <Elders of the Sith>. All, or almost all of us, have characters in that guild as well. Some of our players are more active on the Imperial side than the Republic side. We scheduled a couple of Imperial-side operations in October. To this point, however, most of our guild activities (raids and world-boss runs) have been on the Republic Side.

That said, if you have any Republic side characters and would like a fun but sensible, active guild of mature players, please look us up in-game. Quite a few of Satele Shan's older players have joined us in the past two months. Our website might look a little slow. Almost all of our guild communication currently runs through our Discord channels.

<Elders of the Republic> is turning three-years old. Some of us have been part of the guild for all or almost all of that time. We've had four guildmasters (three of whom are still active in the guild), roughly 140 scheduled, all-guild training operations, and many thousands of hours of fun together. Under our current guildmaster's, Celsfalia's, leadership I envision another three years of an excellent <Elders of the Republic> SWTOR experience.

Please keep us in mind if you're interested in joining a mature guild both in chronological years and our individual member's emotional stability. May the force be with you this holiday season!

• 3 weeks later...

Come visit our Elders of the Republic website and join us on Discord. We don't bite!

____

"We are a mostly social guild of older SWTOR gamers. Our members range in age from their early 40's to mid seventies. We have weekly scheduled operations, and run Flaspoints and group content periodically throughout the week. Patient, friendly, and fun! Sister guild? Elders of the Sith! To join the guild ask a member. Search for Who 'Elders' in the social tab or send an in-game message to Celsfalia. Please be 40+ to apply."

Edited by D_efcon

I'm interested in your guild. I'm a 40 year old mechanical engineer, laser programmer, inventor. Currently in the Seattle area for the last decade or so. I used to play SWTOR a lot and I was quite good at tanking or healing. Dps tends to bore me. I havent played in 3 year or more. I prefer imp side classes due to aesthetic, but I enjoy and have toons on both sides. I prefer solo play but my favorite thing is flashpoints with friends. I currently have no friends in SWTOR though. Sounds like I would get along well with your people. I'm a really laid back patient person, but when comfortable I do enjoy being a silly smart ***. I am a highly functional autistic though and I have a hard time turning my brain off so I can be accidently offensive if you dont know me. I never intend to be taken that way but the way my brain works I dont understand that I'm doing it. It pointed out I can fix it but if no one said anything I'll keep doing becuase I dont realise it. Anyway if you guys are interested reply and I'll meet up in game. Thanks for your time

I'm interested in your guild. I'm a 40 year old mechanical engineer, laser programmer, inventor. Currently in the Seattle area for the last decade or so. I used to play SWTOR a lot and I was quite good at tanking or healing. Dps tends to bore me. I havent played in 3 year or more.

Hi Dashiiva,

If you haven't found us already you can type "/who elders" in the chat box and ask for an invite. You can also check out our Elders of the Republic website and get access to our Discord. Someone should be able to invite you.

Edited by D_efcon