Question for Eric: Why are patch times still listed in West Coast?

Djake

Why? The servers are on East Coast, the studio is in Central. Why do you insist on posting the times as west coast?

They forgot to move the clocks when they moved the servers. Make the times all UTC (aka GMT) and let everyone figure it out on their own. :p

I have to use a website dedicated to converting time zones all the time. Nothing online is ever in my country's timezone :(

I have one of those bookmarked too, though luckily for me google usually knows what I mean when I type "when is ____ in ____"

West coast time is technically my country but it's not my time. Annoying that every game I've ever played has been set on that time.

Why? The servers are on East Coast, the studio is in Central. Why do you insist on posting the times as west coast?

It's to help hide the fact bioware removed all west coast servers. This way it gives this facade there might actually be one.

The real reason is because BioWare is (was?) based in British Columbia (Pacific Timezone).

No, they are in Edmonton, Alberta.

Honestly, let's not confuse Eric further, he at least gets the PT time right half of the time (though not the AM-PM stuff).

• Dev Post

Largely it is a legacy decision. It is pretty common when one NA timezone is used that it is Pacific. We have done it that way for quite a long while and so I feel like changing it to East or Central would just rock the boat unnecessarily.

It isn't so much about where we, or our servers are located, but acting as a common timezone to use for reference. Hope that makes sense.

-eric

Largely it is a legacy decision. It is pretty common when one NA timezone is used that it is Pacific. We have done it that way for quite a long while and so I feel like changing it to East or Central would just rock the boat unnecessarily.

It isn't so much about where we, or our servers are located, but acting as a common timezone to use for reference. Hope that makes sense.

-eric

THE common timezone to reference for ALL your players GLOBALLY would be UTC.

All The Best