Change companions back to that they used to be

Fergz

I'm sure its probably too late but please bioware give us back our tanks healers and dps. This jack of all trade stuff is just far too easy and way too boring, or maybe give us the option to turn on companion roles if you want to have it in easy mode all the time

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure its probably too late but please bioware give us back our tanks healers and dps. This jack of all trade stuff is just far too easy and way too boring, or maybe give us the option to turn on companion roles if you want to have it in easy mode all the time

You can individually set their role and leave it there. Personally I like the way they work now. I also don't want to see them go back to where each companion had their own crit for a specific profession/skill.

You can individually set their role and leave it there. Personally I like the way they work now. I also don't want to see them go back to where each companion had their own crit for a specific profession/skill.

so keep that stuff, but make them not OP. nerf them back to vanilla numbers.

There's a charm about Khem Val being your healer... so no.... I do think companions can be kind of OP, in some cases I've had Talos or HK outheal a healer player. If you want to keep them weak I'd suggest not ranking their influence and disabling some of the abilities on their quickbar.

You can do what you want yourself. Set the roles back to their original settings with the option that currently exists to set role. If you want the companion weak don't level up their influence. Don't choose to boost anything with legacy that allows conversation to provide better results that increase their influence. Deliberately choose things they do not like in conversation. Wha La. You have what you want with no effect on anyone else.

Don't rank them up. That will keep them weak for you.

Also, I personally like that I can change their roles. I can use who I want and also put them from healer to DPS when on a solo FP.

Then they should introduce a disable rank option for companions we like and don't want ranked up, especially during leveling.

100% disagree.

The current system provides a wide degree of choice and flexibility for the player... and that is the way it should be.

Yeah yeah.... companions are easier and more integral to smooth game play now then at launch... but that clearly was intended when they revamped the game in 4.0 to make it a smooth and efficient onramp for any new players or returning players wanting to catch back up to persistent veterans in a timely manner.

And I simply have no sympathy for anyone complaining that companions are over powered. That is easy to resolve on your end (as has been discussed to death over the last couple years) without demanding everyone be forced to ride on your particular nerf-train.

Edited by Andryah

100% disagree.

The current system provides a wide degree of choice and flexibility for the player... and that is the way it should be.

Yeah yeah.... companions are easier and more integral to smooth game play now then at launch... but that clearly was intended when they revamped the game in 4.0 to make it a smooth and efficient onramp for any new players or returning players wanting to catch back up to persistent veterans in a timely manner.

And I simply have no sympathy for anyone complaining that companions are over powered. That is easy to resolve on your end (as has been discussed to death over the last couple years) without demanding everyone be forced to ride on your particular nerf-train.

then they should just add a disable rank up option for companions, that way people who want their rank 50 gods, can have them. i personally like keeping companions at bay at rank 1, leveling makes it impossible to do though. you get influence even if they disagree.

No, I like the current system more because I'm not forced when I'm doing the regular activities in the game to pick up the ones I don't like just because of their role. But wouldn't mind if the companions would again get some unique abilities. Edited by Lunablade

I would sign on right now if it also brought back their unique abilities. I can't say I've ever been a fan of the jack of all trades companions at the loss of uniqueness.

No thanks, I like being able to have whichever companion I want and not worry about whether I need a comp with one spec or another. I HATED being forced to run with companions I despised because I needed a tank, healer, etc. Now I can have my favorite companions with me and set them to the role I need. I much prefer having that choice when playing. They already force us to run with certain comps with KotFE/ET and the following bits of content, I don't want my game further shoehorned.

OP, hell no. I love being able to take whichever companion I like rather than being forced to take those who I don't just because they were my classes healer (yes I am looking at you quinn).

That said I think I would have implemented it differently to bioware and only have the generic abilities for the roles that the companions did not have. By leaving the abilities intact on the companions original roles I feel would give people a reason to play companions in their original roles but give players options.

nerf your own. take responsibility for yourself. you can easily disable powers, not level them to 50. It isnt hard to customize your own experience.

I think bioware tried to nerf companions once already, but what the general population found was that the AI is pretty shoddy and by nerfing them they were completely inadequate for content such as heroic star fortresses so ended up reversing a lot of the original nerf.