The new roadmap: devs spit on pvp

omaan

Currently it is looking like Season 9 will end sometime in the summer, but that isn't locked currently. As soon as we have more information on and end time + rewards we will let you know.

I saw some other questions as well about PvP content. Currently there is none planned in 5.8 or 5.9 but that doesn't mean it isn't being planned or worked on. As soon as we have any information on new PvP content we will let you know!

-eric

One arena season lasts nearly a year? Really? You just dont have manpower to create proper rewards in time. It must end in March ! We cant wait for our rewards right to summer, it removes any will or incentives to play now. Where have you seen any MMO with such long arena season? Get it together devs, and end the season IN MARCH PLS.

Lack of pvp changes/improvements looks disgusting. While cross-factions warzones is a BAD idea for me, there are many other things that must to be done: removing acid from arena, banning wintraders, fixing tonnes of buggs with instant deaths in warzones while jumping/leaping or falling under the textures. The "new" yavin warzone was just an improved civil war which didnt had any effect of a really new warzone like odessen proving grounds had in the past. No new arena provided for years... Seriously, this is not a roadmap, it is pve map. Devs dont care about pvp at all.

and what about this new augments trend? Instead of giving us really a new content you want to FORCE us to play pve in order to get new augments? Most of the people haven't yet geared all their alts with current new 236 augments because these are too expensive and long to get so what sense to provide new augments? And why it looks like the only way to get these augments will be pve (the new bosses and npc in operation)

Firstly, this game has always been more PvE focused -- it's a story-driven MMORPG. That's what it has always been. If you want PvP Star Wars, EA was kind enough to release not one, but two [embarrassing] Battlefront games for you. That they added a few battlegrounds into SWTOR is a bonus. PvP-ers are always the minority in MMORPGs.

Second, the augments are more easily obtained from PvP than from PvE. Group ranked gives you materials to craft them in more abundance than you get in PvE. Not only do you get materials as weekly rewards, but you can also find them in the command crates. PvE folks have to either run Nightmare ops, or get the materials through command crates the same. It's far easier to find three people to do group ranked PvP than it is to find seven [competent] people able to do Nightmare ops.

Firstly, this game has always been more PvE focused -- it's a story-driven MMORPG. That's what it has always been. If you want PvP Star Wars, EA was kind enough to release not one, but two [embarrassing] Battlefront games for you. That they added a few battlegrounds into SWTOR is a bonus. PvP-ers are always the minority in MMORPGs.

Second, the augments are more easily obtained from PvP than from PvE. Group ranked gives you materials to craft them in more abundance than you get in PvE. Not only do you get materials as weekly rewards, but you can also find them in the command crates. PvE folks have to either run Nightmare ops, or get the materials through command crates the same. It's far easier to find three people to do group ranked PvP than it is to find seven [competent] people able to do Nightmare ops.

It seems that you havent played many mmo besides swtor because in most mmo pve and pvp contents are balanced. Wow, gw2, ESO Have many pvp content with great variance. And arena seasons there last 3-6 moths but not more. It is only swtor which cant balance between pvp and pve content because of skeleton crew and incompetence. So what is happening in swtor is rather exclusion than a general trend.

About mats - the idea of providing mats for certain content was STUPID from the very beginning because it forced people who hate pve to play pvp and people who hate pve to play pve. I would make mats farming in other way which is secluded from both pvp and pve so that people didnt had any issues with this. But here we go again - devs wanted to force us to play what we DONT WANT TO PLAY.

I thought bioware already spit on PVP'er when the tried to sell you a new PVP map that turned out to be little more than a reskinned old map?

That was more like laugh and troll but not spit :D but now they really spit on it :p

I thought bioware already spit on PVP'er when the tried to sell you a new PVP map that turned out to be little more than a reskinned old map?

Oh, the spitting started long before that. Years of neglect severely crippled PvP in this game. That new map is actually not bad, but that doesn't make up for what they put PvPers through.

it forced people who hate pve to play pvp and people who hate pve to play pve

It certainly didn't force me to do either NiM Operations or any kind of Ranked PvP. My total participation in both of those combined is that roundest of round figures, zero.

But I have several of both types of 236Augment components. They aren't *numerous* from command crates, but you get *some*.

So "forced" is prime bovine excrement.

PvP has always been secondary in this MMO, so this really should not be surprising.... much less worthy of pejorative ranting. I know PvPers hate to face that fact.... but it happens to be true.

This is NOT the MMO I play for PvP... and never has been. I will join a guild effort from time to time, but that is about it. But even my guild largely does it's PvP in other games since we occupy multiple MMOs. Rather then rant and demand some MMO be all things to us.. we recognize that you either play an MMO for what it offers, or you play something else. What you cannot do is rant your way to an MMO being all things you personally want it to be.

Edited by Andryah

PvP hasn't been a thing since beta. It's been a side show activity since Ilum failed at launch. Do you really expect them to suddenly change focus 6 years on?

Well they put a pvp mat carrot for tr reward and actually revived tr by doing this. And they made previous arena season pretty good, with adequate timing which went pretty smoothly (except for minor delays) so i really had some hopes... but these hopes burning down now

This thread's title is yet another sign of why PvP players have such a bad reputation - as being toxic.

If i were a pve player and devs ignored pve i would write exactly the same but for pve. So maybe it's a feature of our personal characteristics and not what we prefer to do in game?Iam tired of watching devs ignoring the whole fields of content but i dont want just to leave this sinking ship like many do so iam showing what is really happening now.

If i were a pve player and devs ignored pve i would write exactly the same but for pve. So maybe it's a feature of our personal characteristics and not what we prefer to do in game?Iam tired of watching devs ignoring the whole fields of content but i dont want just to leave this sinking ship like many do so iam showing what is really happening now.

The sad, sorry truth of it is that this team, for whatever reason, is just not capable of developing more than one type of content at a time. So, there's always a mass of unhappy players screaming about their "thing." Eventually, it gets to everyone.

The sad, sorry truth of it is that this team, for whatever reason, is just not capable of developing more than one type of content at a time. So, there's always a mass of unhappy players screaming about their "thing." Eventually, it gets to everyone.

Oh yeah, the reason is pretty obvious. But this doesn't justifies them tbh, they can admit the fact they cant maintain this game so that EA breaks with license and some other company gets it

One arena season lasts nearly a year? Really?

Lack of pvp changes/improvements looks disgusting. While cross-factions warzones is a BAD idea for me, there are many other things that must to be done: removing acid from arena, banning wintraders, fixing tonnes of buggs with instant deaths in warzones while jumping/leaping or falling under the textures. The "new" yavin warzone was just an improved civil war which didnt had any effect of a really new warzone like odessen proving grounds had in the past.

and what about this new augments trend? Instead of giving us really a new content you want to FORCE us to play pve in order to get new augments?

BW had to create Infinite Season 9 in order to match the Infinite Empire to keep the theme with the last expansion. ;)

I'm sure there will be class balancing throughout the year and it will all be terrible. Be careful what you wish for.

Cross-Faction WZs are a great idea and were long overdue. BW needs to keep those changes coming, make all WZs cross-faction and make the Yolo queue cross-faction as well.

I like the new Yavin WZ. It is a definite improvement over the previous Civil War map which is my least favorite WZ in the game.

SWTOR PvP is nothing now but Mat and Rating farming. That's not going to change in the forseeable future even if BW makes classes changes and adds multiple maps. If that's not good enough for your $15/month, then I don't blame you for bailing.

BW had to create Infinite Season 9 in order to match the Infinite Empire to keep the theme with the last expansion. ;)

I'm sure there will be class balancing throughout the year and it will all be terrible. Be careful what you wish for.

Cross-Faction WZs are a great idea and were long overdue. BW needs to keep those changes coming, make all WZs cross-faction and make the Yolo queue cross-faction as well.

I like the new Yavin WZ. It is a definite improvement over the previous Civil War map which is my least favorite WZ in the game.

SWTOR PvP is nothing now but Mat and Rating farming. That's not going to change in the forseeable future even if BW makes classes changes and adds multiple maps. If that's not good enough for your $15/month, then I don't blame you for bailing.

Nothing bad in rate farming, thats how it works in other MMO too. And you also called yavin to be an "improvement over previous civil war" which already states it is not new but just a developd version of civil war...

Maybe one day i will defeat my unwillingness for returning back to wow because swtor's pvp falling apart

One arena season lasts nearly a year? Really? You just dont have manpower to create proper rewards in time. It must end in March ! We cant wait for our rewards right to summer, it removes any will or incentives to play now. Where have you seen any MMO with such long arena season? Get it together devs, and end the season IN MARCH PLS.

Lack of pvp changes/improvements looks disgusting. While cross-factions warzones is a BAD idea for me, there are many other things that must to be done: removing acid from arena, banning wintraders, fixing tonnes of buggs with instant deaths in warzones while jumping/leaping or falling under the textures. The "new" yavin warzone was just an improved civil war which didnt had any effect of a really new warzone like odessen proving grounds had in the past. No new arena provided for years... Seriously, this is not a roadmap, it is pve map. Devs dont care about pvp at all.

and what about this new augments trend? Instead of giving us really a new content you want to FORCE us to play pve in order to get new augments? Most of the people haven't yet geared all their alts with current new 236 augments because these are too expensive and long to get so what sense to provide new augments? And why it looks like the only way to get these augments will be pve (the new bosses and npc in operation)

Not just PVP being spat on, no need to isolate your point to a specific, pve has been running rather skinny recently as well.

Not just PVP being spat on, no need to isolate your point to a specific, pve has been running rather skinny recently as well.

No, at least pve gets a new operation boss time-to-time and flashpoints. On the other side, devs cant even end arena season properly....

About mats - the idea of providing mats for certain content was STUPID from the very beginning because it forced people who hate pve to play pvp and people who hate pve to play pve.

I would make mats farming in other way which is secluded from both pvp and pve so that people didnt had any issues with this.

Just to add, 5.0 from the start was biased towards PVP to get EA Loot Crates (Command Crates) and Crystals (Unassaembled Components) along getting CXP at moderately quicker rate.

Just to add, 5.0 from the start was biased towards PVP to get EA Loot Crates (Command Crates) and Crystals (Unassaembled Components) along getting CXP at moderately quicker rate.

At the start there were many loopholes of getting tonnes of cxp - farming Bestias adds in dread palace operation, the esseles flash point etc. pvp was attractive only cuz of unessembled componens. Now it is attractive because of mats but sense if devs are going to change it while not giving anything new to pvp?

First of all: SWTOR is and was never created to be a anywhere an equal mix of pve and pvp.

The game itself from day one was a pve game with PVP features, in this case warzone and arena instances.

If we look to other MMOS, those with a PVP centric design we see several differences.

1) There is and was never a need for added Attributes ( in this case the old expertise), if you actually dueled in game you were in fact doing PVP, so the added mechanics were never needed.

2) In most MMOS we have PVP options by design, a design that was never in SWTOR from day one

New thread headline: The New Roadmap: There is no PVP focus in this NON PVP Game...........

Pvp is fun....but it NOT the focus of the game, hence this reflects on content......SWTOR should never be a pvp game, it should stay what it is and then players should learn to be able to see the game for what it is.....

I mean HEY look to Counterstrike...............It would not be "smart" to cry out how the devs there ignores PVE???????

At the start there were many loopholes of getting tonnes of cxp - farming Bestias adds in dread palace operation

For the record, at the start of 5.0, Bestia's mob adds were used as a XP farm - to quickly go from 65 to 70. Operations were gamed for CXP via 'Last Boss Lockout' groups.

To reiterate - at the start of 5.0, PVP (Unranked and Ranked) was (and still is) being used as a moderately quicker way to gain CXP along with crafting materials. Which saw a vast increase in match throwing and match sit-outs - particularly with stealth classes.

That is in addition to extremely unbalanced PVP matches with casual pvp players geared in 230s versus pre-made turbonerds geared in 248 - now with 236 augments - soon to be geared in an even higher augment tier.

The Bioware response to this was to subtract unassembled components from pvp dailies which were then re-added to the PVP weekly.

Edited by jimmorrisson