Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

Nevermind, I was thinking that she was the one that joins you as a companion after destroying Arcann's space station, the Sith character. She appears to actually be a unique character that appears if you save Arcann. Seriously, much as that's what I've done both times I've played through this, I can't say I blame her.

I would of thought more would have done what she did. Especially if her homeworld was one of the five planets to be bombed by Arcann.

Hey

I saw this thread on Reddit ... this guys been making SWTOR characters out of foil. :D

Reddit: Link

I found his DeviantArt page ... he's made several version of Vaylin. :)

DA Page: Link

Nice. That guy must have a lot of patience.

I would of thought more would have done what she did. Especially if her homeworld was one of the five planets to be bombed by Arcann.

Oh, yeah, I have several gripes about Arcann's story, and his acceptance is right up near the top. I don't mind having a choice to save him, but "oh look I killed two guys so we're cool, right?" just never made sense. It was nice to see even a little bit of consequence for that decision.

Oh, yeah, I have several gripes about Arcann's story, and his acceptance is right up near the top. I don't mind having a choice to save him, but "oh look I killed two guys so we're cool, right?" just never made sense. It was nice to see even a little bit of consequence for that decision.

Him switching sides was never my issue, mine was with the small details, such as with everyone in the Alliance seemingly okay with this. From their perspective, this is the guy that conquered their factions, their reason for being in the Alliance. I am genuinely surprised none of the troopers at the scene where Arcann arrives on Odessen didn't decide to take a shot at him.

Even after KOTET, the rest of the galaxy? again I would have expected someone to put a bounty on Arcann for what he did to those five worlds, leading to a bounty hunter or Alliance member to take a shot at him. The Alliance has been weakened so a bounty hunter getting onto Odessen and into the Alliance base wouldn't be to far fetched in my opinion.

Then the scenes with Vaylin, he seems to have no compassion for what happened to Vaylin, then dismisses the idea that Vaylin could have jumped to a new host without any knowledge or experience on the subject. How did he even know that?

Who were the guys with Arcann when he attacked Vaylins party? We gunned down his team before we spoke to him. :eek:

Him switching sides was never my issue, mine was with the small details, such as with everyone in the Alliance seemingly okay with this. From their perspective, this is the guy that conquered their factions, their reason for being in the Alliance. I am genuinely surprised none of the troopers at the scene where Arcann arrives on Odessen didn't decide to take a shot at him.

That's because we have an extremely persuasive Commander, lol. :p

But you are definitely right, it should NOT go that smooth and we loose a lot by not having a few conflicting cutscenes. I tend to imagine that those moments exist in my little headcanons. But that globally Alliance members still respect the Commander's decision and not start a blood bath, which would not mean they welcome him with open arms.

Even after KOTET, the rest of the galaxy? again I would have expected someone to put a bounty on Arcann for what he did to those five worlds, leading to a bounty hunter or Alliance member to take a shot at him. The Alliance has been weakened so a bounty hunter getting onto Odessen and into the Alliance base wouldn't be to far fetched in my opinion.

Oh, that would be interesting. You are actually giving me story ideas.

And in game, it would even be nice having someone randomly attacking you and him if you run around with Arcann as a companion. Wherever you are. And even if you are engaged in a fight already.

Or something you have to really work on to get more acceptance.

Then the scenes with Vaylin, he seems to have no compassion for what happened to Vaylin, then dismisses the idea that Vaylin could have jumped to a new host without any knowledge or experience on the subject. How did he even know that?

Isn't there something about the fact that he thinks that she did not know how to do that? I believe that he is still concerned. But they have urgent matters to deal with at that time, so they have to take everything step by step and I guess that Arcann gets his answer about what happened later on,in the Commander's head. Which is a scene that frustrates me a lot, by the way. It is like if everyone can enter the Commander's mind nearly effortlessly. This trick of using a holocron is just dumb (they are not made for that, right?), and if I remember well, Senya does not even take it to enter the Commander's mind. She just meditates...

Isn't there something about the fact that he thinks that she did not know how to do that? I believe that he is still concerned. But they have urgent matters to deal with at that time, so they have to take everything step by step and I guess that Arcann gets his answer about what happened later on,in the Commander's head. Which is a scene that frustrates me a lot, by the way. It is like if everyone can enter the Commander's mind nearly effortlessly. This trick of using a holocron is just dumb (they are not made for that, right?), and if I remember well, Senya does not even take it to enter the Commander's mind. She just meditates...

It makes even less sense on a dark side run of KOTET. We didn't absorb Senya but she's still there.

If they really wanted to surprise us, they should have used Thexan for the spirit boss fight. :eek:

It makes even less sense on a dark side run of KOTET. We didn't absorb Senya but she's still there.

If they really wanted to surprise us, they should have used Thexan for the spirit boss fight. :eek:

A full family reunion in the Commander's head. How nice! :p

Should they invite all the people they killed too? The more the merrier, right?

Poor Commander... All this does not make any sense.

A full family reunion in the Commander's head. How nice! :p

Poor Commander... All this does not make any sense.

Well ... I wouldn't mind seeing Darth Marr appear ... as he slowly strolls up to Valkorion then gives him a pure, efficient, 100,000 dark sided point slap across the Valky's face, sending Valkorion's spirit into the void.

That's because we have an extremely persuasive Commander, lol. :p

But you are definitely right, it should NOT go that smooth and we loose a lot by not having a few conflicting cutscenes. I tend to imagine that those moments exist in my little headcanons. But that globally Alliance members still respect the Commander's decision and not start a blood bath, which would not mean they welcome him with open arms.

I can buy that some of the people in the Alliance respected the Commander, but there are others working with the Alliance whose lives have been reduced to hell due to Arcann's actions as Emperor, such as the exiles on Zakuul working with Havoc Squad or the Scions who he personally ordered his Knights to kill on sight.

Oh, that would be interesting. You are actually giving me story ideas.

And in game, it would even be nice having someone randomly attacking you and him if you run around with Arcann as a companion. Wherever you are. And even if you are engaged in a fight already.

Or something you have to really work on to get more acceptance.

Glad to help out with your stories.

On Odessen In the hanger there's a Republic soldier and an Imperial soldier arguing, I think that guy would have been the perfect candidate to take a shot at Arcann.

Isn't there something about the fact that he thinks that she did not know how to do that? I believe that he is still concerned. But they have urgent matters to deal with at that time, so they have to take everything step by step and I guess that Arcann gets his answer about what happened later on,in the Commander's head. Which is a scene that frustrates me a lot, by the way. It is like if everyone can enter the Commander's mind nearly effortlessly. This trick of using a holocron is just dumb (they are not made for that, right?), and if I remember well, Senya does not even take it to enter the Commander's mind. She just meditates..

There is so much unanswered, you can look at it from many angles. Did we place Vaylin's spirit into the holocron when we hit her with it?

That would have been glorious, honestly. The Kneel thing wasn't bad, using what he had done to another against him has a poetry about it, but all those people whose lives he devoured coming back (presumably through our actions) to drag him into oblivion really works for me. I mean, it's why Vaylin or Vaylin&Arcann are there. I would gain more satisfaction from that than shooting him, really.

I'm just going to say that's what happened in his last moments and the saber slash/blaster fire is just its visual representation now. I always thought it was largely symbolic, anyway, so it's not much of a change.

I'm just going to say that's what happened in his last moments and the saber slash/blaster fire is just its visual representation now. I always thought it was largely symbolic, anyway, so it's not much of a change.

Oblivion is what he deserves. Assuming that's what happened and he hasn't gone into another deep sleep.

Someone said they were thinking of bringing Valss back the other day. (The Force Chiss we murdered on Corpero.) :eek:

-

If anyone wanted to get revenge on the Outlander or Arcann ... or anyone else in the Alliance for that matter, thanks to Theron's stunt, we've lost the fleet, Odessen is near enough defenceless now, and somehow it became Public knowledge. (Lana?!)

If there are any Bounty Hunters, or Exarchs, Horizon Guards, Knights looking to even the score, Theron's just made their lives a lot easier.

Edited by Paulsutherland

Someone said they were thinking of bringing Valss back the other day. (The Force Chiss we murdered on Corpero.) :eek:

Uhm, what? Seriously? I think I would be extra grumpy were that to happen. I mean, he's a throwaway without a background of returning. Why would he get to live? It wasn't a dev, was it?

Edited by gamephil

Uhm, what? Seriously? I think I would be extra grumpy were that to happen. I mean, he's a throwaway without a background of returning. Why would he get to live? It wasn't a dev, was it?

This is rumour / theorycrafting based off a tweet from Charles i think just mentioning that he may not have actually died on Copero. We actually don't have proof he's coming back at all :/

This is rumour / theorycrafting based off a tweet from Charles i think just mentioning that he may not have actually died on Copero. We actually don't have proof he's coming back at all :/

Oh, thank goodness.

It may have been the Theron situation, left him for dead thinking he was. etc, but yeah whether he shows again or not it's up in theory land, a bit like Vaylin.. lmao.

I've got nothing against Valss, I think he was a cool character if the brief moments we saw him. I can't make up my mind if Valss was a member of the Order of Zildrog, helping Theron or playing his own game for the Chiss.

I suppose if Theron were to speak on his behalf I could buy it.

We need MOAR Vaylin ... and Vinn ... I want to see those two team up! :D

the difference between flashpoint boss Valss and Vinn? they actually gave good backstory, motivation and personality to Vinn in one flashpoint...

Vinn might need to stop praising Valky before Vaylin considers teaming up with him...

Vinn's a Horizon Guard ... he can either get his stuff together or we'll find someone to replace him.

Actually you're right .. I'll team up with Vaylin! Vinn can team up with ... uhh someone else.

Why do all the cool characters start with a V?

Vaylin

Vinn

Valss

Edited by Paulsutherland

Why do all the cool characters start with a V?

Vaylin

Vinn

Valss

Valkorion? He is "cool" in his own way. :p

Vette. Vette is cool. It is probably the reason why she chose a V name. ^^

Edited by Iheaca