Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

This

Vaylin was a companion, if only briefly at the end, so I don't see why not? :D

Well, it's not like it will be without effort. They need to do the other two builds (I assume she was DPS, and that the build as a companion rather than an enemy is reasonably balanced), and get a few lines attached to those builds. She' should at least have a Customization slot so we can have a High Justice, Empress, and maybe one or two other appearances. There might be some more I'm missing. But it doesn't seem like a horrendous amount of work to my admittedly ignorant self. It's just a matter of whether it will be something enough people want to be worth it. I'd like to think so.

Well, it's not like it will be without effort. They need to do the other two builds (I assume she was DPS, and that the build as a companion rather than an enemy is reasonably balanced), and get a few lines attached to those builds. She' should at least have a Customization slot so we can have a High Justice, Empress, and maybe one or two other appearances. There might be some more I'm missing. But it doesn't seem like a horrendous amount of work to my admittedly ignorant self. It's just a matter of whether it will be something enough people want to be worth it. I'd like to think so.

I have no idea how easy or difficult it would be to implement. Does Marr or Acina have any visual healing abilities? Couldn't they just copy another force users animations? (I.E. Ashara)

Customization? return her with one outfit and palce the other one in the DS and LS vendor?

That would depend on how many people is 'enough.' I've seen more people who are all for it on Twitter, Reddit, DeviantArt, Facebook etc than on the SWTOR Forums.

I have no idea how easy or difficult it would be to implement. Does Marr or Acina have any visual healing abilities? Couldn't they just copy another force users animations? (I.E. Ashara)

Marr and Acina I'm pretty sure are full=fledged companions with all the builds. It's possible that Vaylin is, too, and they just restricted how she could be used. In that case, it would be especially easy. Mainly I want her to be fully voiced, though. A lot of companions have similar animations, but like the CM ones and Marr don't have much in the way of unique lines (I don't remember with Acina).

I really want to hear, "No one dies without my permission!" as the green number float over my head.

Customization? return her with one outfit and palce the other one in the DS and LS vendor?

I meant that she might not even have a paperdoll to work with. If not, I wouldn't think it would be hard to add it, but I don't know. The customizations themselves should not be hard, though.

I shouldn't argue against my own interests, I think that it would be fairly simple and that there are enough people to justify a companion with no story impact, at least. Maybe not, some want a full-fledged story and aren't really interested in this, but I think quite a few would take it.

Edited by gamephil

Marr and Acina I'm pretty sure are full=fledged companions with all the builds. It's possible that Vaylin is, too, and they just restricted how she could be used. In that case, it would be especially easy. Mainly I want her to be fully voiced, though. A lot of companions have similar animations, but like the CM ones and Marr don't have much in the way of unique lines (I don't remember with Acina).

I really want to hear, "No one dies without my permission!" as the green number float over my head.

I meant that she might not even have a paperdoll to work with. If not, I wouldn't think it would be hard to add it, but I don't know. The customizations themselves should not be hard, though.

I shouldn't argue against my own interests, I think that it would be fairly simple and that there are enough people to justify a companion with no story impact, at least. Maybe not, some want a full-fledged story and aren't really interested in this, but I think quite a few would take it.

Heh, she could scream "No, I will not die here in this place!" when she reaches low heath or "Kneel before the Dragon of Zakuul" when fighting? :)

I have no idea on the technical aspect of this request, but if she already exists as a companion of sorts during the final chapter, wouldn't it be easier use that?

This

Vaylin was a companion, if only briefly at the end, so I don't see why not? :D

Yeah, it says the decision your about to make will not effect the story. So why not for Vaylin too?

Edited by DefenderTwo

That attack of hers was brutal, especially if she caught you off-guard. I had a few deaths from that ability. On the plus side, if her guards are in the radius of that attack, they'll get thrown of the edge of the map too.

It might be overpowered for a companion ability, though it would be entertaining to watch npcs get thrown around.

I'm happy Vaylin died. She would have been turned into another companion with little to no screen time and a rushed romance that required head canon to make sense out of. Then, when Bioware decides that somebody needs to die for the sake of player choice, she would be an option, and we all know that means Bioware is not going to do much, if anything with the character anymore.

I'm happy Vaylin died. She would have been turned into another companion with little to no screen time and a rushed romance that required head canon to make sense out of. Then, when Bioware decides that somebody needs to die for the sake of player choice, she would be an option, and we all know that means Bioware is not going to do much, if anything with the character anymore.

If they made her a non story companion, I think those who wanted her as a companion would be happy and it could be done in such a way it wouldn't harm the story in anyway.

I wish they had gone with the 16 chapter plan for KOTET, there may have been a dark side recruitment option for her.

All likely true, that seems to be what they've done with Arcann, especially, and, honestly, everyone else. And considering how they handled her, and, really, similar characters in the past, I'm not sure I really want them to continue to write anything for her. I don't know that they have the touch for it, most of their mentally ill and traumatized characters seem to be either monsters or jokes (it's possible I'm forgetting ones that don't stand out quite so much). I'd be happy to be surprised by something else for her, but I don't see it happening.

Plus, there were several characters I wanted to see again eventually and they were, in fact, used in the latest expansion. I won't spoil it, but let's just say I was left disappointed by the end. I'd pretty much rather she not return to the story at all rather than be used in such a way.

So I'm happy to go with the non-story companion and headcanon the rest. It's not what I'd prefer, but I think it's the best we can realistically hope for, and seems to be pretty long odds itself.

Edited by gamephil

Plus, there were several characters I wanted to see again eventually and they were, in fact, used in the latest expansion. I won't spoil it, but let's just say I was left disappointed by the end. I'd pretty much rather she not return to the story at all rather than be used in such a way.

So I'm happy to go with the non-story companion and headcanon the rest. It's not what I'd prefer, but I think it's the best we can realistically hope for, and seems to be pretty long odds itself.

Who?

Of course story would be the option everyone would want, but if that's not an option, then let players unlock or purchase their ideal companions.

All likely true, that seems to be what they've done with Arcann, especially, and, honestly, everyone else. And considering how they handled her, and, really, similar characters in the past, I'm not sure I really want them to continue to write anything for her. I don't know that they have the touch for it, most of their mentally ill and traumatized characters seem to be either monsters or jokes (it's possible I'm forgetting ones that don't stand out quite so much). I'd be happy to be surprised by something else for her, but I don't see it happening.

Yeah. :( Just gimme the non story companion version and like you, I'll make my own story. :D

All those characters that came back ... just to die. :( Does that mean they're all dead regardless of who you got If we're going to continue this one story for all?

Me too. Take my money bioware!!!! I'll pay for a Vaylin, Jaxo and maybe ... well .. more than I care to admit. :o

Who?

Of course story would be the option everyone would want, but if that's not an option, then let players unlock or purchase their ideal companions.

Whoever you got prior to the robot dog boss in the Nathema story.

Take my money!

Edited by Paulsutherland

Who?

I don't want to spoil them too much, but Paul has it right, the various nemeses we get in the chapter. I not only liked several of them and wanted to see more, but them joining the Order just doesn't make sense. My main problem is with:

Watcher 2. Agents who joined up with SIS have her join the Order of Zildrog to get revenge. And then she dies. It probably isn't much of a surprise that the brainwashed character that we are actually able to help having that for her probably last appearance doesn't thrill me.

I'm pretending that the nemesis character was an illusion or a trick to mess with us until further notice.

I don't want to spoil them too much, but Paul has it right, the various nemeses we get in the chapter. I not only liked several of them and wanted to see more, but them joining the Order just doesn't make sense. My main problem is with:

Watcher 2. Agents who joined up with SIS have her join the Order of Zildrog to get revenge. And then she dies. It probably isn't much of a surprise that the brainwashed character that we are actually able to help having that for her probably last appearance doesn't thrill me.

I'm pretending that the nemesis character was an illusion or a trick to mess with us until further notice.

I did it on my Knight so I got some Togruta Jedi.

It's been awhile since I've done the agent story, but that sounds like a bummer, I always liked Watcher 2, **** I think my agent did side with the SIS at the end.

I think it would have been a bigger impact if they had used someone from the Alliance, like the dude you meet at the start, the Republic soldier who yells at you if you didn't give the order to abandon ship or Koth and his loyal crewmen if he turned against the Alliance.

My shadow got

some lady from Voss

and even now I can't remember who she was or what role she played. I had to google her at the time, and obviously I'll have to do some again as my minds got blank ... all I can recall is she wears a white outfit with a cape.

Heh, I suppose that would be a better way of looking at it ... rather than thinking they brought back or introduced (some were new) 16 characters just to die in Zildrog's chairs.

Edt: No ... that number is higher ... others are brought in from other decisions as well, like Mortis, Indo Zal and the Knight who was a friend of Senya.

Edited by Paulsutherland

I did it on my Knight so I got some Togruta Jedi.

Master Kiwiiks, Kira's former master before she was transferred to the JK. I can see her wanting to stop a DS Jedi, sure, I just don't buy that she'd join the Order to do it. Slightly less annoying than Watcher 2, who the Empire messed over but she's loyal to it according to this story (not so bad, it does happen), who the Agent risked their life to help (worse), and who should be smart enough to see what the Order is doing (just the worst). But Kiwiiks joining it is still pretty off, I suppose she could be tricked but joining something named after a all-consuming dragon thing should have gotten her lekku up. I give it a 3/10.

Edited by gamephil

Master Kiwiiks, Kira's former master before she was transferred to the JK. I can see her wanting to stop a DS Jedi, sure, I just don't buy that she'd join the Order to do it. Slightly less annoying than Watcher 2, who the Empire messed over but she's loyal to it according to this story (not so bad, it does happen), who the Agent risked their life to help (worse), and who should be smart enough to see what the Order is doing (just the worst). But Kiwiiks joining it is still pretty off, I suppose she could be tricked but joining something named after a all-consuming dragon thing should have gotten her lekku up. I give it a 3/10.

Does that mean the Emperors first hand or whatever the other version is for the Knight is still about if you get Kiwiiks?

Or anyone who didn't appear for that matter? Or did they all enter the good as dead category?

I love how it was one of Vaylins Horizon Guards who was able to accomplish the near destruction of the Alliance. She picked well with Vinn. :D

Now if only I didn't have to be the Outlander if and when I take my ds warrior through KOTFE/ET. Helping Vaylin play twister with necks of certain alliance operatives would make me so happy. :)

Edited by Paulsutherland

Does that mean the Emperors first hand or whatever the other version is for the Knight is still about if you get Kiwiiks?

Or anyone who didn't appear for that matter? Or did they all enter the good as dead category?

Pretty sure they're all good as dead, which is a shame. Surprise me, Bioware!

Pretty sure they're all good as dead, which is a shame. Surprise me, Bioware!

The Nautolan that made an appearance during the mission. Was that the one working with Scorpio? Or a new character?

They won't have many people left at this rate for the new imp verses pub story. Looking at the list of possible appearances we've taken out high ranking officers, Intelligence operatives, Jedi, Dark Council members, a lot of characters that could have been major players in the new conflict are now vaccent.

The Nautolan that made an appearance during the mission. Was that the one working with Scorpio? Or a new character?

Not the same character.

Thea is SCORPIO's adjunct, Chela Nayss is the character that you can get from the killer satellite mission and appears in the Nathema Conspiracy.

Edited by gamephil

Killer satellite mission?

Nevermind, I was thinking that she was the one that joins you as a companion after destroying Arcann's space station, the Sith character. She appears to actually be a unique character that appears if you save Arcann. Seriously, much as that's what I've done both times I've played through this, I can't say I blame her.