Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

Had the option of been there, would you have backstabbed the Alliance in favor of siding with Vaylin? Maybe by changing sides during the fight on Odessen similar to when Revan could turn on Jolee and Juhuni in Kotor.

Not with every character, but with some.

i created a suggestion on the suggestion page the other day, not one reply. It was about a way to give Vaylin a proper send off based on choices.

It was never stated in the storyline if Vaylin left the outlanders mind, only that the emperor was cast out and that's it. there is an opportunity there for anyone looking at Vaylin for one last return.

What about if it was Lana and Theron?

I'll be smashing that option so hard I might break my mouse!

If you're asking Paul that I think he already wants to xD

I personally would not trade any companions for a new one (even vaylin)

Yes you would ... only the other day you were telling me you wanted to free yourself from the curse of Lana! :D

i created a suggestion on the suggestion page the other day, not one reply. It was about a way to give Vaylin a proper send off based on choices.

It was never stated in the storyline if Vaylin left the outlanders mind, only that the emperor was cast out and that's it. there is an opportunity there for anyone looking at Vaylin for one last return.

I read it, it was well thought out, I think more favour the 'Vaylin Companion' ... GamePhil might agree with you though. I know he would have liked to have seen an option like that.

That's what I thought too when I made my thread. I'm under the impression "Fingers crossed" Vaylin may be lurking around in our minds.

I'll be smashing that option so hard I might break my mouse!

Yes you would ... only the other day you were telling me you wanted to free yourself from the curse of Lana! :D

See!

and odd, I don't remember that because I actually do like Lana, I just know you don't and probably mentioned that she likely won't get much in the future either so you should be happy xD

I want a Vaylin companion, even if just Darth hexid styled, but not at the further expense of my others!

See!

and odd, I don't remember that because I actually do like Lana, I just know you don't and probably mentioned that she likely won't get much in the future either so you should be happy xD

I want a Vaylin companion, even if just Darth hexid styled, but not at the further expense of my others!

I'm a genocidal maniac ... you know how I think!

I may have dreamt up that part, Like when Plummet and I went to the Zakuul swamp to collect mushrooms.

She doesn't have a kill option, she'll be back.

Give us a Vaylin companion, and we'll all be happy! :D

Welcome to Order of Zildrog: Vaylin Department

I don't remember how we got Hexid? From doing various tasks? (flashpoints etc)

Awww, but ... just think of the added bonus ... it would be a great way to cull the companion list back to some form of sanity!

COLOURS!!!!!!!!

Edited by Paulsutherland

I'm a genocidal maniac ... you know how I think!

I may have dreamt up that part, Like when Plummet and I went to the Zakuul swamp to collect mushrooms.

She doesn't have a kill option, she'll be back.

Give us a Vaylin companion, and we'll all be happy! :D

Welcome to Order of Zildrog: Vaylin Department

I don't remember how we got Hexid? From doing various tasks? (flashpoints etc)

Awww, but ... just think of the added bonus ... it would be a great way to cull the companion list back to some form of sanity!

COLOURS!!!!!!!!

This is my favourite ever reply to anything I've posted!

Colours! you're bored aren't you? :D you and your mushrooms though.

Am I able to be part of multiple departments? apparently so!

I don't really need a companion cull, I could use a way to sort the companions into "I never use" and "I always use" categories. lol "gotta catch'em all!"

edit: yeah Hexid was through a small achievement.

Edited by Asmodesu

This is my favourite ever reply to anything I've posted!

Colours! you're bored aren't you? :Dyou and your mushrooms though.

Am I able to be part of multiple departments? apparently so!

I don't really need a companion cull, I could use a way to sort the companions into "I never use" and "I always use" categories. lol "gotta catch'em all!"

edit: yeah Hexid was through a small achievement.

Why thank you, Ma'am. You like colours too, huh?!

Yeah, I've got the day off and I don't know what to do. I was going to play with my Warrior, but I don't know if I want to subject myself to listening to Lana, nor do I want to murder Vaylin again. :(

The mushrooms make the story better! I like the part where I'm riding my Kell Dragon through the streets of Zakuul, traumatizing the locals!

Of course, the Vaylin department welcomes everyone! Hell I woke up this morning to find a msg on Twitter from someone who plays on a GMOD-SWTOR RP server.

If it were listed by their influence levels, so the highest were at the top and the lowest were at the bottem like how they appear in the crafting window, they would suffice. :)

I can't help but think if I threw a small red and white ball at Vaylin, I would be shortening my own lifespan.

She's appeared twice now right? When I got her, all I had to do was 3 pvps and 3 flashpoints ... now I think you have to do 40? If they did something similiarwith Vaylin, I would happily grind through them! :D

I read it, it was well thought out, I think more favour the 'Vaylin Companion' ... GamePhil might agree with you though. I know he would have liked to have seen an option like that.

That's what I thought too when I made my thread. I'm under the impression "Fingers crossed" Vaylin may be lurking around in our minds.

Honestly the inspiration for the idea that well thought out came up when i was sleeping the last few hours off and when i woke up i typed it all out exactly what i saw, it just came to me like that.

i missed a few details but the bulk of it was there. the background was something similar to what Shepard faced in the Geth mainframe helping to push the reaper virus out on ME3. The background was made of blocks but instead for Vaylin? i was thinking more a dark blue tech background like a distant wall. and a few of the interactive objects are located in the distance and are interactable from the platform in order to trigger more of vaylin talking about her past. They have that Zakuulan light gray and gold trim to them with a blue holodisplay at the center, like an advertising billboard.

i have a lot more details back there. very vivid dream :p.

Honestly the inspiration for the idea that well thought out came up when i was sleeping the last few hours off and when i woke up i typed it all out exactly what i saw, it just came to me like that.

i missed a few details but the bulk of it was there. the background was something similar to what Shepard faced in the Geth mainframe helping to push the reaper virus out on ME3. The background was made of blocks but instead for Vaylin? i was thinking more a dark blue tech background like a distant wall. and a few of the interactive objects are located in the distance and are interactable from the platform in order to trigger more of vaylin talking about her past. They have that Zakuulan light gray and gold trim to them with a blue holodisplay at the center, like an advertising billboard.

i have a lot more details back there. very vivid dream :p.

Mine came while I was at work waiting for several lorries to arrive.

I remember that mission, that was where we learn the Quarians tried to enslave the Geth and they fought back!... damn suit rats!

I suppose something could work for Vaylin, if we're going back to the dream state or whatever the proper term is for it.

That sounds cool!

What if you merged your 'goodbye' idea with one of the others? Then maybe we can kill two birds with one stone. Then those who want a goodbye can be happy, those who want the companion can be happy ... and then those who want to murder the galaxy can be happy! Everyone's Happy! :D

What if you merged your 'goodbye' idea with one of the others? Then maybe we can kill two birds with one stone. Then those who want a goodbye can be happy, those who want the companion can be happy ... and then those who want to murder the galaxy can be happy! Everyone's Happy! :D

Works for me!:rak_03:

#BringBackVaylin

it was only a suggestion and it can used or disregarded. Either way i'm just putting an idea out there and if you want to take from multiple sources to make one idea that helps build something that Bioware could create? that is all that matters for those looking for closure on Vaylin.

Works for me!:rak_03:

#BringBackVaylin

Colours!!!

it was only a suggestion and it can used or disregarded. Either way i'm just putting an idea out there and if you want to take from multiple sources to make one idea that helps build something that Bioware could create? that is all that matters for those looking for closure on Vaylin.

The more ideas the better! :D

Edited by Paulsutherland

What thread?

That's weird, I thought I did reply, and now I can't find it.

Honestly, it's a lovely thought, and if we had gotten it at the time, I would not still be talking about her. Any attempt to balance out taunting, humiliating, and outright torturing her because the story told us to would be good by me. Of course, I'd prefer to have had the option to NOT do those things and then still would have liked something like this, but it would make the whole thing so much better.

I mean, the story they gave us for her is one I think is done way too often, and I think it's the worst example of it I have ever seen, but some form of her existing beyond it, clearly shown in the narrative, and actually getting the help (if we so choose) she should have gotten in life rather than everyone turning their backs on her, would be good. With what we were shown of what was done to her, regardless of my or anyone else's opinion of whether she was villain or victim, I will always prefer her to end the story alive, even if she leaves the story at that point, but this or something like it would be a close second.

Ultimately, all I really needed was some indication they even recognized that her story, and our forced treatment of her, had serious problems. This would be one good way to do that at this point.

Edited by gamephil

It's your fault.

Well ... if we had a Vaylin companion, these threads wouldn't be here, so is it my fault?! We would have threads like ... "Why did Vaylin choke Lana for incompetence?" or "Why did Vaylin chuck rotten fruit at Senya?" or "Is Vaylin spending too much time with HK-55? She keeps calling me a meatbag!"

Well ... if we had a Vaylin companion, these threads wouldn't be here, so is it my fault?!

There is that.

We would have threads like ... "Why did Vaylin choke Lana for incompetence?" or "Why did Vaylin chuck rotten fruit at Senya?" or "Is Vaylin spending too much time with HK-55? She keeps calling me a meatbag!"

See, this right here, this is the quality content that we missed out on. Her pitching heavy objects at her brother, because that's how you show affection in her family. Duels because her and Hexid going up and down the halls. Random rains of lightning on Odessan rather than cracks in the wall.

See, this right here, this is the quality content that we missed out on. Her pitching heavy objects at her brother, because that's how you show affection in her family. Duels because her and Hexid going up and down the halls. Random rains of lightning on Odessan rather than cracks in the wall.

Owww better idea ...

What if we give Vaylin a gift she doesn't like? Instead of letting us know about it verbally ... she instead kills us as a way to show her disapproval?! :D Like Darth Jadus when you argue with him.