So what do you think will happen to the game once the servers shut down for good?

TrooperRCH

I think EA will feel sorry for us and allow us to play offline or coop via direct connections to our friends and such. EA has proven that it truly cares about their customers and our entertainment is always #1 with them.

I kid lol.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think EA will feel sorry for us and allow us to play offline or coop via direct connections to our friends and such. EA has proven that it truly cares about their customers and our entertainment is always #1 with them.

I kid lol.

I was like.. wait... WHAT??? Then read last line. +1 EA <> Caring for Customers

8 billion dollars EA has lost since the BF2 pay to win and then EA covers it with one BS lie after another and they keep getting caught and it hasnt even begun

Source please. I hate EA as much as the next person but I'm not going to make up numbers to make my argument look better.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrooperRCH View Post

....what do you think might come of SWTOR when the inevitable shut down happens?

I will uninstall and play alpha and beta Pantheon ( pre - alpha is coming before the end of this year )--- if it makes it that is ... if not ... I will just quit playing MMOs, non of the old ones interest me anymore

Back to FFXIV and WoW for my MMORPG fix, Elite: Dangerous for my solo space flight & combat fix (sorry Space Combat & GSF mini-games - was fun while it lasted ... and I get to use my HOTAS), and Star Citizen since our Org has manned up for 3.0 testing (we already found the Derelict Javelin). After this debacle, Star Wars of any kind (Last Jedi included) will not be in my foreseeable future. Edited by GalacticKegger

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone talking about going to ESO, it used to be a "thing" to say here on these forums.:rak_03:

It has a free weekend going on right now. It's only $10 too, I'll be picking it up tomorrow. It's worth the money to just enjoy all the content it has to offer. No reason not to pick it up for that price. I have no desire to actually get involved in it. Just have it as a side thing to play.

I think i would move on to the current Star Wars game that replaced this one.

There has been a Star Wars MMO in constant operation since June 25th of 2003. It is unlikely, IMO, that there will ever be a time, in the near future, where there is not a Star Wars property in MMO form...unless the market changes dramatically and MMOs fall out of favor.

If this title were to close down, as it will most definitely do one day like any other MMO, it is most likely, IMO, it would close due to the focus on a newer game, the same reason SWG was closed.

Now, as to the likelihood that that will happen any time soon, I think it is unlikely. Though the market has most certainly changed since December of 2011 when this game launched, I still think SWG would be going today...it is hard to say how many folks are still playing, but it is not an insignificant number (using emulators of course).

I think, considering the age and relative health of this game, SWTOR will also persevere in the same fashion.

It has a free weekend going on right now. It's only $10 too, I'll be picking it up tomorrow. It's worth the money to just enjoy all the content it has to offer. No reason not to pick it up for that price. I have no desire to actually get involved in it. Just have it as a side thing to play.

That's the problem with things on the side, they always become more interesting than the main dish.:rak_03:. Sometimes it's just better to stay away!:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

That's the problem with things on the side, they always become more interesting than the main dish.:rak_03:. Sometimes it's just better to stay away!:rak_03:

I like ESO but I don't see how it will grip me when I get to end game. Which is why I'm going to play it as 'side' thing. If it ends up being fun when I finally reach max level and end game I may switch. But it's a small risk buy for $10 if I end up not enjoying the game at the end. Thousands of hours of questing will be enough for me in that game.

Edited by spectreclees

I agree. When EA pulls the plug, it's done and gone. Look for the end soon after they stop selling 180 days subs.

Pre-paid cards (edit: download codes) for 180-day subs are "currently unavailable" on Amzn. Subs through BW via monthly charges can be stopped anytime.

Edited by Neuroetry

I think i would move on to the current Star Wars game that replaced this one.
Me too if it was a real MMO and not a reproduction of this one in its current state.
There has been a Star Wars MMO in constant operation since June 25th of 2003. It is unlikely, IMO, that there will ever be a time, in the near future, where there is not a Star Wars property in MMO form...unless the market changes dramatically and MMOs fall out of favor.
If MMOs do fall out of favor with whoever owns the Star Wars IP when this one fades out then I'll do without a Star Wars MMO.

They still make a good amount of money off Swtor, so It wont be going anywhere anytime soon. There are mmo's still online for almost 10 years now that are far more dead population wise than swtor.

I feel like the people that cry about this game on the forums are just the same bads sitting on fleet in gen chat in their un augged crap 230 gear whining about every little thing. I've been around since launch, and roll with the changes that come.

Edited by Yamahara

It wasn't that far? snip.

I'm not going to debate individual points as its getting too long winded. My view is that the flashpoint felt like it had been designed for something else with some vague notion of tracking Theron down bolted on. The reason for going there never really materialized, nor did you ever really get close to Theron while the cut scenes and the story did not seem to require you to be on a Chiss world, if they had been different coloured we could have been on Alderaan with one of the houses there.

While Temples role in it was said to be for Chiss interests she was limited to a couple of comments about having read Therons file and that was it.

As for the cover side of the mission, there seemed to be nothing covert about it, played Elder Scrolls online and do one of their covert missions to break into a compound and you do it by avoiding killing and guards. This once again felt like the reason you can't use the fleet is 'politics' yet landing 2 people on their planet to kill them is fine; its continually finding reasons not to use the fleet and it never felt at any time that the story progressed, with the cut scenes just added to give the illusion of story. Had there been any attempt to avoid killing everyone you found on the streets I would have understood, but instead you sower the streets killing everyone you come across and smashing containers while hoping to stumble across Theron.

So if Story is being relegated to some cut scenes stuck in a flashpoint to give the illusion that fight some how progressed the story, that is no longer the story telling Bioware was famous for or even close to the standard tor was previously producing.

Sad to say GSF does not interest me any longer, I have my ships mastered and the instanced pvp only element does not appeal, for the same reasons I don't find 4v4 ground pvp any better. Its sole role in the game seems to be about grinding gear as the instanced elements don't allow for any impact beyond the 8 minutes or so and then its all forgotten.

It does not seem to me that the game is overly healthy, that this update before the holiday break is significant enough to keep people entertained till Jan/Feb when we may see something. But worse it does not seem that anyone on the dev team cares, West Coast Servers are shut down and they mostly ignore it, Credit Exploits and reportedly hyper inflation and ignored, the state of the game completely ignored. So very little content has been added in 2017 and it doesn't seem like there is anything to get exited about in 2018. I hope I'm wrong but from the state of the game as it appears to me and the state of the forums, ignoring how bad 2017 has been does not seem likely to make 2018 likely to be any better.

I'm not going to debate individual points as its getting too long winded. My view is that the flashpoint felt like it had been designed for something else with some vague notion of tracking Theron down bolted on.

There was nothing vague about it. Your view seems to be a personal issue.

The reason for going there never really materialized, nor did you ever really get close to Theron while the cut scenes and the story did not seem to require you to be on a Chiss world, if they had been different coloured we could have been on Alderaan with one of the houses there.

Copero was home to a map for the Emperor's vault, due to the Chiss's relationship with the empire. With regards to Theron, Much like his attempt with Iokath he wanted some kind of weapon to defeat the alliance. This drew him to Copero.

While Temples role in it was said to be for Chiss interests she was limited to a couple of comments about having read Therons file and that was it.

I'm not gonna repeat myself, so please re-read what I wrote before.

As for the cover side of the mission, there seemed to be nothing covert about it, played Elder Scrolls online and do one of their covert missions to break into a compound and you do it by avoiding killing and guards. This once again felt like the reason you can't use the fleet is 'politics' yet landing 2 people on their planet to kill them is fine; its continually finding reasons not to use the fleet and it never felt at any time that the story progressed, with the cut scenes just added to give the illusion of story. Had there been any attempt to avoid killing everyone you found on the streets I would have understood, but instead you sower the streets killing everyone you come across and smashing containers while hoping to stumble across Theron.

You could do the mission on a stealther if it makes you feel any better. Regardless, it was much more covert than sending a fleet to do the job.

So if Story is being relegated to some cut scenes stuck in a flashpoint to give the illusion that fight some how progressed the story, that is no longer the story telling Bioware was famous for or even close to the standard tor was previously producing.

The story was not all in the flashpoint, did you do the story bits before and after the flashpoint or did you just run the FP?

It does not seem to me that the game is overly healthy, that this update before the holiday break is significant enough to keep people entertained till Jan/Feb when we may see something. But worse it does not seem that anyone on the dev team cares, West Coast Servers are shut down and they mostly ignore it, Credit Exploits and reportedly hyper inflation and ignored, the state of the game completely ignored. So very little content has been added in 2017 and it doesn't seem like there is anything to get exited about in 2018. I hope I'm wrong but from the state of the game as it appears to me and the state of the forums, ignoring how bad 2017 has been does not seem likely to make 2018 likely to be any better.

I'm not seeing the issues ignored. Exploit was dealt with, stated by Eric to be a bannable offense. Known issues were openly stated, there's a patch coming up next week to deal with some of them as well as give us a new warzone and a Double Rewards event for the holidays. Latest patch brought us story, FP, new and improved GF interface (after years of no change), new GSF map, new Ops boss, and more.

Compare it with the content we had in 4.x (no new FP's, no new Ops bosses, nothing GSF related) and it's a big improvement.

I feel like folks that complain about the game SAVED the game back in the days before the launch of 1.5. The game went free to play less than a year after launch. That, along with a number of other changes including the CM saved this game from oblivion IMO.

Feedback is vital to the health of ANY online game....this one is no exception.

Either they'll start to sell the game in like idk how to say it, in single player mode? Because there is so much story and good cutscenes, to just forget about the whole game (so many flashpoints, operations) it's a bit pointless. Maybe they'll add new chapters to all classes. I think that's the most resonable option.

So what do you think will happen to the game once the servers shut down for good?

Fast Forward 5 years:

Young gamer: This game sux u jus don unerstan u don haf clu. dey shud giv us godbots to do ques 4 us.

Old gamer: Back in SWTOR we had that. It was great. That game was awesome.

Either they'll start to sell the game in like idk how to say it, in single player mode? Because there is so much story and good cutscenes, to just forget about the whole game (so many flashpoints, operations) it's a bit pointless. Maybe they'll add new chapters to all classes. I think that's the most resonable option.
They are already doing that. It's called KOTOR.