Retextured Jarring/Lifeless Incorrect Colour Eyes - Please Fix!

DarkEcIipse

There is another thread covering this. But the title irked me a little suggesting they look great and dandy (I guess it's all personal opinion). So I made another thread for those that have a problem with these 'New' eye textures put into place. To me they completely ruined the existing eye colours we had. Both vanilla and Cartel ones. Aka "Yellow Bright Eyes" etc. Honestly I don't have a better way to describe them pardon my french. They look like ****. They're now lifeless. The brightness and contrast looks as if a 12 year old accidentally messed around with the brightness and contrast window and dragged all the levels down.

And don't get me started on the greenish puke eyes or the lack of lighting on them. I haven't checked them all. But the vanilla ones look way off and cosmetic ones have been botched.

I don't have any pictures at the moment to compare. But this is a general idea of how it looks (excluding the muddy wrong colours). -

Before: https://imgur.com/a/VGj1p

After: https://imgur.com/a/dGEFG

While I happen to like the new design a lot (I believe it is a difference of perception and perhaps also taste) I definitely do see room for improvement. All I hope is that we don't return to the rather simplistic and plastic-y design of before. If the developers can make the new design look better than it does currently to also please the majority who seem to dislike it, then I heavily applaud that :)

It is a pity that you dislike the new design and that you don't see it the same way I do. I really hope that the developers will listen to the feedback and improve on the texture, colouring, lighting and reflection so that you can like it just as I do!

Edited by Ylliarus

Some of them are not too bad but others are far too glossy. I do not like how dark brown has disappeared and the fact I paid money for yellow eyes and now they are green.

But saying that the few that aren't bad I actually like, like the blues, greens and the grey, they have a little more life in them.

While I happen to like the new design a lot (I believe it is a difference of perception and perhaps also taste) I definitely do see room for improvement. All I hope is that we don't return to the rather simplistic and plastic-y design of before. If the developers can make the new design look better than it does currently to also please the majority who seem to dislike it, then I heavily applaud that :)

It is a pity that you dislike the new design and that you don't see it the same way I do. I really hope that the developers will listen to the feedback and improve on the texture, colouring, lighting and reflection so that you can like it just as I do!

Yeah sorry. Maybe it's due to the "eye bug" I just found out the devs already know there is a problem with all the eyes. Maybe when it gets fixed they might appear differently. I don't know.

The new green looks like there's some sort of neon slime over my eyes. It's very weird looking to me. And where on earth did dark brown go? First none of the new hair styles can be dark brown and now no dark brown eyes? What's so hard about dark brown (and black for that matter)?

My Sith's pale eyes are now bright blinding white, and my Sorc who had the CM bright white eyes, they now look dull grey. I also hate the splotchy red/orange colour my Dark V character has now. I miss the solid red over something that looks like this, it's enough to make me consider hiding the corruption.

You know one thing that is consistent with MMOs and their players?......

Any change... no matter what... by a studio ---> guaranteed to be liked by some and hated by others. This topic is a case in point.

Interesting that some players appear to be spending all day staring at their characters eyes rather then playing the actual game.

Edited by Andryah

Any change... no matter what... by a studio ---> guaranteed to be liked by some and hated by others. This topic is a case in point.

Interesting that some players appear to be spending all day staring at their characters eyes rather then playing the actual game.

It's hard not to stare at the eyes when you're in a cutscene with the camera pointed directly at your face and your eyes are glowing like some irradiated toxic sludge.

If people just sailed through life accepting everything at face value without question how would you expect anything to be functional? Oh... you know that thing called feedback.. negative or positive it's still important. You know what's even more hilarious? When people out of sheer boredom stalk the forums to rave about their discomfort of someone posting feedback that doesn't meet to their egotistical standards of importance. Then attempts to devalue it by making a joke about the people that have a vested interest in their characters appearance that they have had for 6 years and want them to remain visually functional as they spend all day playing and staring at them in you know the 'actual' game. :t_rolleyes:

I kinda like the new eyes, they look more real to me.

I guess it all comes down to personal tastes.

Ditto, I like them as well.

For all the things we could be screaming about for the devs to pay attention to in the game, surely there are more important things we could be asking for...

or maybe not, with how much dust has been stirred up on the forums about this.

Forget any bug fixes, new maps, etc., etc.

Just get those eyes right. That's all that counts....yeah.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Honestly they might look great. It's just hard to tell. I assumed this new eye texture was the final version and thought they looked outright terrible because of all the problems associated with it. They might just look bad because they are bugged. But if they still have the wrong colour overlays and appear dull and faint after the patch-fix (heaven knows when that will happen 5.8? next year?) I stand by my original post.

If people just sailed through life accepting everything at face value without question how would you expect anything to be functional? Oh... you know that thing called feedback.. negative or positive it's still important. You know what's even more hilarious? When people out of sheer boredom stalk the forums to rave about their discomfort of someone posting feedback that doesn't meet to their egotistical standards of importance. Then attempts to devalue it by making a joke about the people that have a vested interest in their characters appearance that they have had for 6 years and want them to remain visually functional as they spend all day playing and staring at them in you know the 'actual' game. :t_rolleyes:

My comment was NOT a joke... I was completely serious.. and it happens to be true.

The proper place for his request, sans ranting, is in the Suggestion Forum. If they feel it is a bug, then open a ticket AND post in the bug forum.

This thread purpose is venting in my view.. and while people can and will do it.. it's not productive.

As we can see even in this thread (there are others) some like the change some do not.. hence my original comment that you quoted. ;)

I get that some people simply do not like change.. of any kind..... but that is a very impractical position to take in today's world, and wasted energy in the context of an MMO where the studio simply can never please everyone.. because of different tastes, wants, needs.

Edited by Andryah

Ditto, I like them as well.

For all the things we could be screaming about for the devs to pay attention to in the game, surely there are more important things we could be asking for...

or maybe not, with how much dust has been stirred up on the forums about this.

Forget any bug fixes, new maps, etc., etc.

Just get those eyes right. That's all that counts....yeah.

Well feel free to scream in your own thread about the more 'important things'. The door is that way <- Also there are no new maps. Just re-used assets. Or did people actually believe that FP wasn't Makeb?

My comment was NOT a joke... I was completely serious.. and it happens to be true.

The proper place for his request, sans ranting, is in the Suggestion Forum. If they feel it is a bug, then open a ticket AND post in the bug forum.

This thread purpose is venting in my view.. and while people can and will do it.. it's not productive.

As we can see even in this thread (there are others) some like the change some do not.. hence my original comment that you quoted. ;)

I get that some people simply do not like change.. of any kind..... but that is a very impractical position to take in today's world, and wasted energy in the context of an MMO where the studio simply can never please everyone.. because of different tastes, wants, needs.

As I have already stated. My main concern is due to the bug itself which I wasn't aware of and thought it was the final version. Feel free to flag the thread and get it moved. For all I know these new eye textures could be better than EA's BFII. Also it's not for you to judge what people 'waste' their time on or what is 'impractical'. Quit while you're ahead. It's good that others like something I don't. Good for them. I am sure they will despise things I like too.

Some people should invest time in their own threads that they themselves feel merit a discussion rather than trying to derail someone else. That's really impractical.

Edited by DarkEcIipse

I agree. The colour is all wrong. My Jedi's lovely blue eyes now look like she has cataracts and my Sith's lovely grey eyes look glaringly white. It's ugly. Please fix. I'd rather have sparkly eyes than this mess. Edited by Lunafox

I liked the sparkly eyes myself, I had no issue with them. I just wonder why they had to mess with the originals, they were fine. My Sith pale grey eyes are white and hideous and none of the other colours look right. My agent's golden brown eyes now look like she's acquired a deathstick habit. It's awful.

My new eyes vs. the old ones, I prefer the old ones on the right compared to what we have now. Even a compromise between the two would be better.

Jenny thanks for the picture comparison! It illustrates the differences a lot better than my 1 minute upload of altered brightness and contrast picture.

Edited by DarkEcIipse

I agree. The colour is all wrong. My Jedi's lovely blue eyes now look like she has cataracts and my Sith's lovely grey eyes look glaringly white. It's ugly. Please fix. I'd rather have sparkly eyes than this mess.

But look at the gorgeous new blue eyes of Moff Regus, look at how beautifully designed they are, the depth and realism. I really love it so much and I am so saddened that others don't feel the awe I feel too, because really I have high praise for the person behind the new design!

https://imgur.com/a/h4o0t

Or look at Iradictus my Lord Wrath, look at how epic and amazing his eyes look. How can this be ugly? :(

https://imgur.com/a/uBAxf

But look at the gorgeous new blue eyes of Moff Regus, look at how beautifully designed they are, the depth and realism. I really love it so much and I am so saddened that others don't feel the awe I feel too, because really I have high praise for the person behind the new design!

https://imgur.com/a/h4o0t

Those would be my human smuggler's eyes, too. I don't hate that design - but they're not the eyes I chose at the beginning. I've had this character for over three years now. Her dark blue eyes are now different. They're not her eyes.

If we had the OPTION to change to these new eyes, I'd be all for it! But KEEP the option to KEEP THE OLD EYES. I want my smuggler's dark blue eyes back, not this.

Those would be my human smuggler's eyes, too. I don't hate that design - but they're not the eyes I chose at the beginning. I've had this character for over three years now. Her dark blue eyes are now different. They're not her eyes.

If we had the OPTION to change to these new eyes, I'd be all for it! But KEEP the option to KEEP THE OLD EYES. I want my smuggler's dark blue eyes back, not this.

If anything I agree with the bit about choice. I'd feel basically how you feel right now if I was forced to look at the old ones again, I really don't want that. While I know I am in a minority still, I'd love it if we had the choice to be able to choose which eye design we want to show ingame. Maybe a toggle in Graphics settings.

My new eyes vs. the old ones, I prefer the old ones on the right compared to what we have now. Even a compromise between the two would be better.

It looks like char models overall have had an overhaul...still down to personal pref i much prefer picture 1 to picture 2. 1 is heading more into realistic looking models. 2 looks more cartoon to me.