Question about Legacy Speeder Piloting perks

Maurdiib

When I purchase a legacy speeder piloting perk does it automatically apply that level of piloting to my character or do I have to go somewhere to train it after I unlock it?

I upgraded from level 1 to 2 at level 10 for one of my alts. Is that speed bonus applied right then and there?

It's hard to tell because I don't have a Piloting 2 anywhere on my ability page and the buff icon next to my character panel doesn't display the move speed %.

Thanks.

Edited by Maurdiib

The interactions between the abilities panel and the legacy panel around speeder piloting are a bit weird.

If you train a level at the trainer, that level won't show up as bought in the legacy panel but it will show up in the abilities panel. (And yes, the game will NOT stop you from buying the perk and applying it to your character. It might prevent it on the legacy panel, but if you buy the free-standing perk object, you can apply it to your character even though you have already trained that level. Don't do this.)

If you buy one of the perks before it would naturally be trainable (as you did) I wouldn't be surprised to find that it doesn't show until you reach the natural training level (e.g. you won't see it in the abilities panel until you reach level 25), but once you get there, it will show immediately as trained.

And yes, it takes immediate effect. The difference between moving at +90% and +100% is hard to see if you don't have a way to compare them. Find someone who only has level 1 piloting and race him on a straight. If you pull away, you have level 2 piloting.

but if you buy the free-standing perk object, you can apply it to your character even though you have already trained that level.

I'm assuming you mean the cartel speeder consumable here. I don't know why people buy that thing, but they do. You get them free from something, mount purchases or something I can't remem, and I always toss them on the GTN and they sell. 75k, 150k. It's always more than what the perk costs from the legacy window.

I discovered the updated speeder piloting passive on my character class skill page. I just overlooked it. I didn't remember it being there.

So yes, purchasing the next level of speeder piloting on Legacy page applies automatically. Thanks everyone.