forced character renames, how many did you all get stuck with?

Jeweledleah

so... how many character names did you all lose?

I lost 2 of my older ones, ironically. characters that existed for years one of whom I actualy did ops on somewhat extensively so he has a fair amount of play time as well :/ while a few of my more recent lower level characters are doing just fine O_O

at least my main and Chiss family got to keep all their original names.

how did you all come out of this merge? better? worse?

well.. technically I lost 3 characters, but third one is a mostly abandoned experimental alt, so.. /shrug. the other 2 hurt though :/

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost 2 of my older ones, ironically. characters that existed for years one of whom I actualy did ops on somewhat extensively so he has a fair amount of play time as well :/ while a few of my more recent lower level characters are doing just fine O_O

at least my main and Chiss family got to keep all their original names.

how did you all come out of this merge? better? worse?

well.. technically I lost 3 characters, but third one is a mostly abandoned experimental alt, so.. /shrug. the other 2 hurt though :/

Had to change one I'd rather not have. Two others, but I didn't care too much about them anyway.

now I'd be curiously how badly it turned out for people are are preferred at the moment (and also makes me glad I used referral link before the merges not after)

also kinda amused almost at the fact that i did NOT lose Ororo, my sentinel who has like.. half the played time maybe even less than the character whose name i did have to change. luckily a single apostrophe did the trick. whew.

also... my sincere sympathies for those of you that lost treasured names :(

Lost nothing, got some really nice names. Got even some names back I lost on our guilds server transfer in decembre 2016. However, I am "just" playing on Tulak Hord, German server. The active and subbing population is probably a bit smaller then on the US-servers or Darth Malgus. Edited by Exocor

I lost one, but it was my fault. Before the merges were announced I created (for no particularly good reason) a character on a different server, and then created her again *with the same name* on my main server. Those servers were merged together, so one of the characters had to change her name.

Out of 49 characters, and aside from 6 of my own duplicates from playing on 2 different servers, I only actually lost 1 name. And its a character that I don't care about and only use for muling/crafting lately, so I'm pretty happy. :) Edited by Elliraen

I'm pretty disgusted. I've been playing since launch, and most of my character names date back to then. I lost 6 out of 24 of the character names on my primary (subscriber) account, and 28 out of 32 of the character names on my two Premium accounts.

And this is like the third time I've lost character names due to forced server consolidations. I put a lot of time and thought into those names.

I'm pretty fed up with BioWare at this point. None of this would have been necessary had they used a modern, intelligent naming system instead of just copying the way WoW did it.

Not one.. I was scared as I attempted to make my character list of names on the other servers and my mains were taken.. My crafting alts I wasn't concerned about, but the characters I play the most seemed destined for a rename.. Fortunately those people either didn't purchase game time, or were f2p and my subscriber status over ruled them.

Was surprised to keep most of mine. Lost two random generated ALT names I had, but gained two names I was not expecting to keep (Level 70's against my lowbie toons) - apparently other person was not subbed.

Now to clean up extra names I don't need anymore.

I was a little concerned, but out of 130 names I only lost two, and those had been gag names that were only funny combined with a specific legacy name. Oh, and a third needs to be renamed because I used the same name on two servers that got merged.

Mostly I feel relief today.

I lost 3 names out of my 8 characters. That didn't bother me...but it was odd because they all had ASCII characters in them. I really wish BioWare would go through all the inactive accounts and purge names so they can be freed up. I'd gladly spend CCs on name change tokens to go back to a name that has now been freed.

For example...my main toon...he has been through 3 server merges now. His original name now belongs to a Sith Juggernaut. I added that name to my Sith alt's friends list. I have never seen that character online in the last 2 years. I have sent mail to that character and it always bounces back after a set time. That character is still stuck at the level cap from a couple expansions ago. After this latest merger...that same Sith Juggernaut has the name.

That name should be released to the public and then it would be first come first serve if someone wanted to use a name change token. I say purge all names that are on accounts that aren't subscribed and haven't been logged into in say...2 years. I think that's fair. If they haven't logged in by now...they won't be.

Edited by Kodiak
Correction