Utility Changes Posted

Foambreaker

I really doubt I will be using "hitman" as pt tank in sr, as I was already foregoing strong utilities in favour of buffs to hydraulic overrides. Although I can see it being useful in matchups against multiple stealthers w/o heals, it's just not frequent enough to merit the loss something else like shoulder cannon heals. Maybe it will be one of those utilities to pick based on expected matchups... Thoughts?

I really doubt I will be using "hitman" as pt tank in sr, as I was already foregoing strong utilities in favour of buffs to hydraulic overrides. Although I can see it being useful in matchups against multiple stealthers w/o heals, it's just not frequent enough to merit the loss something else like shoulder cannon heals. Maybe it will be one of those utilities to pick based on expected matchups... Thoughts?
just at a glance I would think you stand to absorb a lot more than 12%'s worth of your health with 30% stun DR (which is what you'd get back with shoulder cannons) in tank tunnel situations

and the stun DR would be unquestionably more useful in healer games

I don't know PT tank utilities well at all but if its a choice between shoulder cannon heal and stun DR it seems like stun DR is way better to me since tank tunneling PTs is so viable. I know if I'm going to be tank tunneling a PT and I see them without a CD up right the start of the round I am absolutely hardstunning them to either force a break or allow me to put my autocrit into them without worry about a DCD messing with it

Edited by yellow_

This will create a similar exodus of people to when they changed the core mechanics of Madness for sorcs and many, many left. When you're changing a basic play style of a class people have come to love for years, it can only be expected.

When Death Field, which has a medium cooldown, was made into a 5m radius akin to sniper's Corrosive Grenade which has no cooldown, Madness was broken. Until that changes back or Death Field gets modified to make up for the loss of radius, Madness will always perform sub-par in AoE and PvP encounters and now Carnage will be in the same boat -- a dead discipline until they realize what they've done.

Start fixing the broken disciplines instead of adding more to that pile. :(

This will create a similar exodus of people to when they changed the core mechanics of Madness for sorcs and many, many left. When you're changing a basic play style of a class people have come to love for years, it can only be expected.

When Death Field, which has a medium cooldown, was made into a 5m radius akin to sniper's Corrosive Grenade which has no cooldown, Madness was broken. Until that changes back or Death Field gets modified to make up for the loss of radius, Madness will always perform sub-par in AoE and PvP encounters and now Carnage will be in the same boat -- a dead discipline until they realize what they've done.

Its like they want to kill this game.

It's hard to believe that after 5 years they still don't understand the mechanics of their specs.

Eh, dotspread, force leech and neutering of the burst convinced me to set sorc aside long ago. I really doubt that making dotspread and aoe stronger will make the class fun again lol (not taking into account the ridiculous gear grind), at least not for me.

Edited by LeglessChair

just at a glance I would think you stand to absorb a lot more than 12%'s worth of your health with 30% stun DR (which is what you'd get back with shoulder cannons) in tank tunnel situations

and the stun DR would be unquestionably more useful in healer games

I don't know PT tank utilities well at all but if its a choice between shoulder cannon heal and stun DR it seems like stun DR is way better to me since tank tunneling PTs is so viable. I know if I'm going to be tank tunneling a PT and I see them without a CD up right the start of the round I am absolutely hardstunning them to either force a break or allow me to put my autocrit into them without worry about a DCD messing with it

Might merit shuffling utilities around after all but was really hoping for something decisive. It sucks that it's attached to a formerly useless utility (imo) and with this change, choice of shield tech utilities are going to be more of a double- edged sword than they already were. Whereas with jugg and sin (a bit less so) choice of utilities was pretty straight forward.

Edited by LeglessChair

I find it interesting. Recently there has been a very big GSF update (sometimes 10 times as much as the utility update here) and they did pretty much everything right. Some fine tuning is still necessary, but you have noticed that there is a team behind every change, that GSF knows exactly.

Here at Ground PVP they haven't been fixed for years, it's getting worse and worse.

I can only think of two explanations.

Either there is simply no competent PVP team or it is not possible to balance PVE and PVP at the same time. They don't have the latter problem with GSF, which (fortunately) doesn't exist in PVE.

Why do you think you have the utility to increase speed for Hydraulics?? :D

Run Forrest Run!!

And someone on the fleet complained because Merc didn't have that >_>

Still, I was hoping a better utility for PT and Jugg, sad to see class balance guy didn't listen. :/

I'm sure he didn't want his merc to be nerfed, he took the time to grind it at 300 GC rank. D:

Now really, if Devs DO play the game I cant imagine them not granting themselfs such stuff directly. I mean if I were a Dev I wouldnt be able to resist such temptation! :)

I think it "could be" more tied to cartel stuff instead of galactic command rank. After all they are so proud of it, if they don't use this system themselve then why force it onto players ? :rolleyes: