All Servers on East Coast

Foambreaker

I for one am not pleased. Not in the fact that it was done, how it was handled, or the outcome, none of it makes sense.

OK, performance screwjob for the west coast and APC aside... which is bad enough.

You decided to consolidate, fine, this takes planning and lots of setup, no way this wasnt known in advance. you should have announced it, period. And dont even try telling me it was a last minute decision or some other nonsense, thats simply not possible unless you are completely and utterly incompetent in project planning and management.

And then, as if its even conceivable that this didnt occur to anyone, you decide to still keep a WC server hosted on the EC? As if this makes any logical sense? It cannot be possible that noone thought of combining and consolidating into a mega server for all? Someone explain that decision? And dont tell me character names im sure we could have all lived with have to change a few names to get this done, i know i would.

Yeah, im pissed, this isnt what i came back after a year for.

Edited by Floplag

I'm on the west coast. My ping used to be about 60ms typical on Harb (which is really bad given my location, I know). Now it's about 110ms typical. It's definitely worse, almost double. It's still playable, but irritating nonetheless. Had it been in the 250ms range as I feared, I would have canceled sub immediately.

My Ping is constantly in the 130 - 180 range and there isn't really a difference to the 60ms I had before. I guess if you're really an elitist and want the best of the best of the best. Then yeah you might really "feel it"

I used to know a guy who refused using wireless mouses because wired ones scroll slightly faster, seems for me to be the same, in my opinion anything beneath 200 is still very much playable, but then, maybe I just don't have a brain that is working so much faster :p

But I agree on the information issue, this clearly wasn't decided in a few moments and could have been done endlessly better :)

Edited by funnypat

I'm an Australian player who uses a subscription service to get my ping down to a playable 170. That means I'm paying a sub for a game I subscribe to, to make it playable. 170 is not great for PvP but is OK.

My ping is now 250+. What happened to the advertised west coast servers? This move didn't just come as a surprise surely...

I've enjoyed playing this game for a long time and have stayed with SWTOR despite the missteps by Bioware that caused many of my friends to leave. This feels like a pretty big slap in the face for Oceanic players.

I'd like to keep playing, but ping in excess of 250 is just too much. I hope this is a temporary one but I doubt it.

Very disappointed. :mad:

Well, thousands of players complained and then left the game over the past year over the ridiculous Merc utilities so I find the server consolidation quite satisfying. A couple servers should be more than enough for those that are left. In Nov there will be several new games that will be released which will cut the numbers down by another 25%. They still haven't fixed the Merc issue and no mention of it over the past few months. Many would have returned if they fixed Merc, added a decent story expansion, and added a decent new PVP map. Instead they focused on tweaking all the classes by a few hundred dps here and there.... One server in Greenland will be plenty by Christmas.

My Ping is constantly in the 130 - 180 range and there isn't really a difference to the 60ms I had before. I guess if you're really an elitist and want the best of the best of the best. Then yeah you might really "feel it"

I used to know a guy who refused using wireless mouses because wired ones scroll slightly faster, seems for me to be the same, in my opinion anything beneath 200 is still very much playable, but then, maybe I just don't have a brain that is working so much faster :p

But I agree on the information issue, this clearly wasn't decided in a few moments and could have been done endlessly better :)

I don't know if this is ping related or not but I've had carbonizes completely miss due to a teammate using a kb at the "same" time. Pretty infuriating when u are getting tank tunneled.

Edited by LeglessChair