Goof up in the KOTFE Story - Can we get this corrected?

Blakinik

Tanno Vik.

Every other companion from every other class seems to be a recruitable companion expect for this guy. Can we get an option to recruit him (assuming you made the right decisions)?

Alternatively will there be a 'blackout' to a unique companion for each class and it possible to list who? By blackout referring to they are only available to that class.

Thanks,

Blakinik

Tanno is a special case, as the voice actor passed on in 2012.

Sure, they could have someone else voice him, but then we'd have complaints about how disrepectful this is to the original actor and his family. Having the character walk away from the official storyline is a good solution, IMO. You can always get Tanno back from the Odessen Terminal. He won't have any story highlight, but won't be any worse off than other alliance alert companions like 4x (at least Yuun gets mentioned sometimes).

Edited by Mubrak

His voice actor died before KOTFE. That's the reason you won't get anything more from him. Not that finding a replacement would have been impossible, but maybe there was a request from the family to not allow that? Probably lots of reasons Bioware decided to go this route.

Sure, they could have someone else voice him, but then we'd have complaints about how disrepectful this is to the original actor and his family. Having the character walk away from the official storyline, is a good solution, IMO. You can always get Tanno back form the Odessen Terminal. He won't have any story highlight, but won't be any worse off than other alliance alert companions like 4x (at least Yuun gets mentioned sometimes).

You beat me to it!

It's very plausible it was out of respect for the family

I also believe that they handled Vik in a good, respectful way, due to the circumstances.

Even from ingame-perspective I like the idea of one former companion with an unknown future. Who knows what he is up to now... I'm sure he is having a blast.

Tanno Vik isn't exactly a cultural icon.

He's an obscure character in a MMO crowded with tons of different characters. I doubt this is what the man is going to be remembered for even if he was remembered by fans. I highly doubt his family is worried about it being disrespectful to continue some minor video game character. He's been voiced by a new voice actor since RotHC. The writers just had no use for the character any longer. That or Fred Tatasciore is too busy and they can't find another voice actor who can pull off the voice. Jesus, check out that man's IMDB.

The only true companions you have anyway are Lana and... Oh, that's it. Well, Theron if he ever comes back as a companion after finishing this whole "betrayal" charade.

Isn't Skadge also unattainable via the story?

Edited by Dayshadow

Tanno Vik isn't exactly a cultural icon.

He's an obscure character in a MMO crowded with tons of different characters. I doubt this is what the man is going to be remembered for even if he was remembered by fans. I highly doubt his family is worried about it being disrespectful to continue some minor video game character. He's been voiced by a new voice actor since RotHC. The writers just had no use for the character any longer. That or Fred Tatasciore is too busy and they can't find another voice actor who can pull off the voice. Jesus, check out that man's IMDB.

The only true companions you have anyway are Lana and... Oh, that's it. Well, Theron if he ever comes back as a companion after finishing this whole "betrayal" charade.

Isn't Skadge also unattainable via the story?

You say this after the whole server name fiasco? I mean, who cares what a server name is in some random MMO but a lot of people became rabid about it.

Edit to add: By a lot of people, obviously I mean SWTOR players. And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they had simply retired Tanno Vik because the VA died and a lot of SWTOR players would likely have pitched a fit if Vik had a larger role with a new VA. There have been other threads where some people have flat out said don't bring a character back if you can't get the same VA.

Edited by Elessara

You say this after the whole server name fiasco? I mean, who cares what a server name is in some random MMO but a lot of people became rabid about it.

Edit to add: By a lot of people, obviously I mean SWTOR players. And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they had simply retired Tanno Vik because the VA died and a lot of SWTOR players would likely have pitched a fit if Vik had a larger role with a new VA. There have been other threads where some people have flat out said don't bring a character back if you can't get the same VA.

But they didn't retire him. He's had a new voice actor since the first expansion. And let's face it, ALL the old companions are being retired. It would not matter if you recruited him or not. He would just be a droid with a Tanno Vik skin anyway.

As if the people running SWTOR give two ***** about what players want. Outside of a quick fix that requires no effort on their part they aren't interested in our opinions.

As if the people running SWTOR give two ***** about what players want. Outside of a quick fix that requires no effort on their part they aren't interested in our opinions.

Yeah, that's it. SWTOR is just their hobby - they're not interested in making money. [/sarcasm]

If we were talking Mark Hammill, I'd buy this. However, he does talk in the cut scene. So unless they were planning KOTFE back prior to 2012 or spliced together a computer voice over of him, then don't know if this was the reason. I'm not 'opposed' to the '1 that was left behind' in terms of characters where you would really need to get them from the terminal - just left me scratching my head that Vik was off on the sidelines.

Frankly after a few short sentences, do any of the companions talk to you short of Lana and the man I am gonna have soooo much fun with after the next patch frying with lightning bolts? Even with Quinn and Dorne on Iokath and the decisions you made about them, regardless of which side you went for you got both companions.

Not saying Vik is absolutely essential, but I am a companion collector and would liked to have had a chance to snag him for my 'motley crew'.

Blakinik

Yeah, that's it. SWTOR is just their hobby - they're not interested in making money. [/sarcasm]

You seem to be under the impression they need to listen to anything fans say to make money. This is an MMO. It's basically a drug to most. They can make whatever changes they want and people will still keep giving them money. It's how MMO's work.