Improved speeder piloting V

patchadam

I bought improved speeder piloting V thinking I would be able to use it at 35 like it says, but when I try to use it it says I already unlocked it. I checked my abilities and my speeder ability is only at 3.

Not really sure whats going on, do I have speeder piloting V already? Why does it say I'm only at 3?

As I understand it, once you purchase the perk under your legacy window, it should automatically be used anytime you summon your mount. You shouldn't have to do anything else to use it directly.

Maybe one of the other guys can think of something to check? This perk should be pretty simple to use since it's a passive. It's always there on your character once purchased.

• 7 months later...

Okay, I bought both Legacy Perk: Improved Speeder Piloting IV and V from the Cartel Market.

I applied them to one of chars (lvl 56)and she has the Piloting V ability.

Logged out, logged my other char (lvl 55) and he only has Piloting III ??

What gives? It says it is Legacy.:mad:

What gives? It says it is Legacy.:mad:
There are two types of Legacy unlocks. One, called "Character Perks" is for only that toon. The other, called "Global Unlocks > Other" is for all toons in that Legacy. Improved Speeder Piloting (and all others in that tab) are the former - per character. Edited by DocDAM

There are two types of Legacy unlocks. One, called "Character Perks" is for only that toon. The other, called "Global Unlocks > Other" is for all toons in that Legacy. Improved Speeder Piloting (and all others in that tab) are the former - per character.

Thank you for the clarification. They need to change the wording on these to say "Character" and get rid of the word Legacy then. The unlock says "Legacy Perk:" and in the details it says: "Unlocks the corresponding item in your Legacy."

And when you open up your Family Tree it says in my case "The Blackmoor Legacy" and shows all my characters.

Legacy - meaning all your toons.

Just frustrated, sorry for mini rant.

Thank you for the clarification. They need to change the wording on these to say "Character" and get rid of the word Legacy then. The unlock says "Legacy Perk:" and in the details it says: "Unlocks the corresponding item in your Legacy."

Technically it's not wrong: the perk is unlocked in your Legacy - someone in your Legacy has it. :p

The logic behind those perks being in the Legacy window is that the unlocks there require a certain legacy level to buy them, but yes, speeder piloting IV+V are way too expensive for a single character perk. The 5-10% increase in actual mounted speed (from 210% to 220% resp. 230%) is simply not worth it.

Edited by Mubrak

[...]

Just frustrated, sorry for mini rant.

I understand, and agree it is poorly worded. "Unlocks the corresponding item in your Legacy" is misleading, ambiguous at best.

I do however note that it says (on the legacy window option to buy it]:

"Only available to current character when unlocked"

And if you click on it from the CM window, and go to the "show items", the text does say:

"Applies the selected unlock to your Player Character"

If you used credits, I wouldn't fret it much. It is useful. And if not already, you'll soon enough be rolling in credits. If you used CC, yeah, I'd be annoyed. I might suggest writing a ticket, be VERY polite in mentioning the confusion in the wording, and humbly ask for a one-time refund. FYI, the rough going rate for credits to CC is ~10K:1. So 370 CC is worth about 3.7M credits (vs. the 1.2M credit price). Thus why I suggest the ticket if CC purchased.

The logic behind those perks being in the Legacy window is that the unlocks there require a certain legacy level to buy them, but yes, speeder piloting IV+V are way too expensive for a single character perk. The 5-10% increase in actual mounted speed (from 210% to 220% resp. 230%) is simply not worth it.
Hah! I did wonder why these were "Legacy" and never made that connection!

As to "simply not worth it", obviously a personal call. Yes, "expensive", but I buy it on toons I plan to continue playing a lot. Then again, I have credits coming out my ears.

It is thought to be a deliberate credit sink attempt. Some in this forum have long-advocated for the need for more credit sinks due to the hyper-inflation. But others point out how this doesn't impact the "whales" with billions of credits and instead just hits the normal folk. And it also serves to shut it off from F2P/Pref (which cynical me is sure BW thought of).

….. And if you click on it from the CM window, and go to the "show items", the text does say:

Hhahahaha… it's the old bait and switch.. and always read the fine print !

I didn't even look at the "Show Items"

….. And if you click on it from the CM window, and go to the "show items", the text does say:

Hhahahaha… it's the old bait and switch.. and always read the fine print !

I didn't even look at the "Show Items"

No, it's not bait and switch. You can see the text *before* you buy. If you buy direct from the Legacy panel, it's on the per-character page so obviously it's per-character, and the text is easily available in the CM itself, so *all* the information you need is available before you buy.

"Bait and switch" relies on the product sold (that is, the thing finally delivered) being different from the product bought (that is, the thing the buyer was given to believe would be delivered). In this case, if someone doesn't bother looking at the information given, he has no-one to blame but himself.

What's that old Latin phrase?

Oh, yeah, "Caveat Emptor". Let the buyer beware.

"Bait and switch" relies on the product sold, being different from the product bought (that is, the thing the buyer was given to believe would be delivered).

Actually, that's not the meaning of "bait and switch". It's not a matter of receiving a different item from what you thought you bought - that would simply be "fraud".

For bait & switch, you are (for example) "baited" to come into a store (business, etc) by promises of something special, such as a sale on some item, but when you get there you find that the "bait" is no longer available (or whatever excuse) and you are "switched" into buying some other, usually more expensive item. The item (or service) you receive, in this case, is the item or service you paid for.

For example - A store might advertise a "gaming" computer for $299 (the bait), but when you get there they say the $299 computers are all gone (or they're not really good for gaming, or whatever) but they have lots of similar $399 computers (the switch). If you buy the $399 computer, you get the $399 computer.

Edited by JediQuaker

Actually, that's not the meaning of "bait and switch". It's not a matter of receiving a different item from what you thought you bought - that would simply be "fraud".

For bait & switch, you are (for example) "baited" to come into a store (business, etc) by promises of something special, such as a sale on some item, but when you get there you find that the "bait" is no longer available (or whatever excuse) and you are "switched" into buying some other, usually more expensive item. The item (or service) you receive, in this case, is the item or service you paid for.

For example - A store might advertise a "gaming" computer for $299 (the bait), but when you get there they say the $299 computers are all gone (or they're not really good for gaming, or whatever) but they have lots of similar $399 computers (the switch). If you buy the $399 computer, you get the $399 computer.

OK, fair enough. But the thing in the CM still isn't bait-and-switch. All the information you need to analyse the item is there, and the item is the one they say it is, and you can buy the one it says it is. If you choose not to look at the information, and you get something that isn't what you thought you were buying, well, more fool you. (Speaking generically...)

Oh my, Will all you great and glorious forum Gurus please forgive me for using the wrong vernacular in my post while I was trying to make fun of myself for not looking deeper and reading more. Didn't mean to start quibble :rolleyes: