Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

I haven't written anything for swtor for ages, last time I was writing my Sith Warrior she'd just left Korriban. It was a lengthy writing lol.

I kind of find jealousy annoying.🎅 Makes me want to punch a kitten! (Sorry Asmodesu) :d_cool:!!

I agree, except for the kitten part *glares suspiciously* xD

I haven't written anything for swtor for ages, last time I was writing my Sith Warrior she'd just left Korriban. It was a lengthy writing lol.

Writing boring stuff all day long (I have to spend a lot of time into contracts and legal stuff these days...) makes me want to write nice stuff too. That's what motivates me for some short stories. I had not done it for many years.

As Paul said, anything would be nice. Well, not anything. Valky getting back from the dead, possessing Arcann and killing Commander is not something I would like to see.

It would be neat if in new FP we could choose which companion would be in it. Kicking some *** with your BF, a second in command, a favorite chew toy or a lover... If only.

Rant:

It is wrong that PvE, PvP and story players wait for a small sliver of new content for a year.

All this "not enough resources" excuses - EA have them I suspect. They just try to get away with spending as little as possible while getting as much as possible. Nothing wrong with that from business perspective. But they cut too many corners and they exploit peoples love for SW too cynically.

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Writing boring stuff all day long (I have to spend a lot of time into contracts and legal stuff these days...) makes me want to write nice stuff too. That's what motivates me for some short stories. I had not done it for many years.

I'm horrible at short stories. I need full length novels to keep my mind entertained in a tale, so that's how I write xD

Currently 4 chapters into a lengthy fanfic novel detailing my SW's story and side-adventures so far. Got her just past Korriban (but started with a leadup to introduce her background and family first.). My "short stories" are light hearted fluff stuff, like the Arcann scene I wrote, and mostly came from the crew mission blurbs for inspiration. Those ones I have on Ao3 but not the in progress long thing which is tons darker and heavy, with a bit of drama.

Edited by Asmodesu

It is wrong that PvE, PvP and story players wait for a small sliver of new content for a year.

All this "not enough resources" excuses - EA have them I suspect. They just try to get away with spending as little as possible while getting as much as possible. Nothing wrong with that from business perspective. But they cut too many corners and they exploit peoples love for SW too cynically.

It is actually sad that such a franchise does not get the same attention and effort on the MMO side than something like WoW gets. On the other hand, I do not know what position Disney has on this kind of game, if it is considered as being part of the cannons, or a free electron that they do not care much about.

Edited by Iheaca

I'm horrible at short stories. I need full length novels to keep my mind entertained in a tale, so that's how I write xD

Currently 4 chapters into a lengthy fanfic novel detailing my SW's story and side-adventures so far. Got her just past Korriban (but started with a leadup to introduce her background and family first.). My "short stories" are light hearted fluff stuff, like the Arcann scene I wrote, and mostly came from the crew mission blurbs for inspiration. Those ones I have on Ao3 but not the in progress long thing which is tons darker and heavy, with a bit of drama.

You have these chapters visible somewhere? I'd be happy to read them. :-)

I am terrible at describing things, in any language I could use, btw. :p And I am not fond of reading descriptions neither. I prefer when the writer lets my head do most of the imagination work. It is probably the reason why I tend to prefer writing scenes and dialogues, trying to get some substance to the characters through their words. So the opposite of what you like, I guess. ;)

As Paul said, anything would be nice. Well, not anything. Valky getting back from the dead, possessing Arcann and killing Commander is not something I would like to see.

It would be neat if in new FP we could choose which companion would be in it. Kicking some *** with your BF, a second in command, a favorite chew toy or a lover... If only.

And what about the option, where Arcann fights with Valky and wins, saving the life of the Commander? It would be nice.:rolleyes:

Alas, we can only dream about choosing a companion for the FP.

I agree, except for the kitten part *glares suspiciously* xD

I don't think I could ever punch an Angel! 😇

I too would like to be able to chose which companion i take into a flashpoint. It annoys me when you get a companion forced on you ( no offence to them lol) especially when you have a favourite that you have high influence with and you just want to kick a** with them by your side.

I leave this here and flee to the gym.

A little mother-son talk...

“Is that it?” said Koth franticaly. “Are we REALLY leaving him alone with the Commander? He might even be the one who did this to her. Are we letting him finish the job so easily?”

“Shush, Koth! He brought her back after all.” Lana was staring at Arcann from the doorway with incredulous curiosity. “This is somehow… unexpected. It truly looks like he…”

“Off you go. Don’t you have anything useful to do right now? Stop babbling and bring us home”. Senya’s natural leadership hit the spot and made them retreat. She closed the door behind her and observed the scene before moving further, intrigued.

Her son Arcann was sitting on the edge on a berth of the medical bay, staring blankly at the inanimate body of the Commander that was lying on it. He had carried her back to the Gravestone a few minutes before and had not pronounced a word since then. The only thing Senya knew was that they had been caught in a fight with the Republic, outnumbered by far, and while they had finally defeated their opponents, the Outlander had been badly wounded. She was alive and stabilised, but her vitals were not good.

Seyna sat by her son’s side, putting a hand on his shoulder. His eyes did not leave the Commander’s body but he slightly nodded to acknowledge her presence.

“You care about her,” she said softly. Then added carefully, almost questioning, “More than any other does...”

“Yes…” Arcann was sombre and tense. Everything in him now expressed how concerned he was.

Senya, putting a hand on his cheek, tenderly made him face her. “Does she know?”

“Yes. I told her. The day before we left Odessen.” He smiled faintly. “She accepted me, Mother. And it made me feel a way I had never felt before. But we did not get much time…” He swallowed heavily, lowering his eyes again and remained silent for a while. “It hurts, Mother. Even more than when Father…”

She nodded, smiling gently. “Love hurts, son. That is the way it is. But it can as well make you feel more alive than anything.” She paused. “I am glad you can finally feel this, Arcann. Love, joy, and sadness, but cleansed from anger. My boy finally has a chance at life.”

He shrugged, staring at his feet. “What is the point, if she is gone? I promised I would protect her. I failed.”

She took his good hand and put it on the Commander’s. “She is still alive. Reach out for her through the Force. Do not let her slip away. Share your strength with her. Make her come back.”

He turned his head to look her in the eyes. “Is that what you did for me, Mother? On Voss?”

“Yes,” she nodded. “I could not have done it without the Voss, you were already too far away. You did not want to be saved, your hatred was so strong that it was too much for my own strength. But yes, it is what I did for you. I brought you back, and they healed you. I would have died to save you, had I had to. I would have gladly died to make sure you would be back from the Darkness. That is what mothers do, Arcann.”

“I was not worth it…”

Senya shook her head. “You were. You are. And I knew it. I always believed that you could be saved. I never gave up on you, and I was right not to.”

She stood up, leaving his side. “I never foresaw this, son. You, and the Outlander.” She smiled reassuringly, “but I think that I kind of like the idea of it. Now, bring her back.”

Edited by Iheaca

You have these chapters visible somewhere? I'd be happy to read them. :-)

I am terrible at describing things, in any language I could use, btw. :p And I am not fond of reading descriptions neither. I prefer when the writer lets my head do most of the imagination work. It is probably the reason why I tend to prefer writing scenes and dialogues, trying to get some substance to the characters through their words. So the opposite of what you like, I guess. ;)

The chapters? no, the novel thing is lengthy and boring to many I bet, only I've read it because I wrote it (so far). The short story random bad stuff, that's here. Not much.

“Is that it?” said Koth franticaly. “Are we REALLY leaving him alone with the Commander? He might even be the one who did this to her. Are we letting him finish the job so easily?”

“Shush, Koth!” Lana was staring at Arcann from the doorway with incredulous curiosity. “This is somehow… unexpected. It truly looks like he…”

“Off you go. Don’t you have anything useful to do right now? Stop babbling and bring us home”. Senya’s natural leadership hit the spot and made them retreat. She closed the door behind her and observed the scene before moving further, intrigued.

Her son Arcann was sitting on the edge on a berth, staring blankly at the inanimate body of the Commander that was lying on it. He had carried her back to the Gravestone a few minutes before and had not pronounced a word since then. The only thing Senya knew was that they had been caught in a fight with the Republic, outnumbered by far, and while they had finally defeated their opponents, the Outlander had been badly wounded. She was still alive, but maybe not for long.

Seyna sat by her son’s side, putting a hand on his shoulder. His eyes did not leave the Commander’s body but he slightly nodded to acknowledge her presence.

“You care about her,” she said softly. Then added carefully, nearly questioning, “More than any other does...”

“Yes…” Arcann was sombre and tense. Everything in him now expressed how concerned he was.

Senya, putting a hand on his cheek, tenderly made him face her. “Does she know?”

“Yes. I told her. The day before we left Odessen.” He smile faintly. “She accepted me, Mother. And it made me feel a way I had never felt before. But we did not get much time…” He swallowed heavily, lowering his eyes again and remained silent for a while. “It hurts, Mother. Even more than when Father…”

She nodded, smiling gently. “Love hurts, son. That is the way it is. But it can as well make you feel more alive than anything.” She paused. “I am glad you can finally feel this, Arcann. Love, joy, and sadness, but cleansed from anger. My boy finally has a chance at life.”

He shrugged, staring at his feet. “What is the point, if she is gone? I promised I would protect her. I failed.”

She took his good hand and put it on the Commander’s. “She is still alive. Reach out for her through the Force. Do not let her slip away. Share your strength with her. Make her come back.”

He turned his head to look her in the eyes. “Is that what you did for me, Mother? On Voss?”

“Yes,” she nodded. “I could not have done it without the Voss, you were already too far away. You did not want to be saved, your hatred was so strong that it was too much for my own strength. But yes, it is what I did for you. And I would have died to save you, had I had to. I would have gladly died to make sure you would be back from the Darkness. That is what mothers do, Arcann.”

“I was not worth it…”

Senya shook her head. “You were. You are. And I knew it. I always believed that you could be saved. I never gave up on you, and I was right not to.”

She stood up, leaving his side. “I never foresaw this, son. You, and the Outlander.” She smiled reassuringly, “but I think that I kind of like the idea of it. Now, bring her back.”

Aww that was lovely, I really enjoyed reading that, thank you :)

“Shush, Koth!” Lana was staring at Arcann from the doorway with incredulous curiosity. “This is somehow… unexpected. It truly looks like he…”

Her son Arcann was sitting on the edge on a berth, staring blankly at the inanimate body of the Commander that was lying on it. He had carried her back to the Gravestone a few minutes before and had not pronounced a word since then. The only thing Senya knew was that they had been caught in a fight with the Republic, outnumbered by far, and while they had finally defeated their opponents, the Outlander had been badly wounded. She was still alive, but maybe not for long.

“You care about her,” she said softly. Then added carefully, nearly questioning, “More than any other does...”

“Yes. I told her. The day before we left Odessen.” He smile faintly. “She accepted me, Mother. And it made me feel a way I had never felt before. But we did not get much time…” He swallowed heavily, lowering his eyes again and remained silent for a while. “It hurts, Mother. Even more than when Father…”

“Yes,” she nodded. “I could not have done it without the Voss, you were already too far away. You did not want to be saved, your hatred was so strong that it was too much for my own strength. But yes, it is what I did for you. And I would have died to save you, had I had to. I would have gladly died to make sure you would be back from the Darkness. That is what mothers do, Arcann.”

“I was not worth it…”

Very nice read ! ;)

“Shush, Koth! He brought her back after all.” Lana was staring at Arcann from the doorway with incredulous curiosity. “This is somehow… unexpected. It truly looks like he…”

“You care about her,” she said softly. Then added carefully, almost questioning, “More than any other does...”

“Yes. I told her. The day before we left Odessen.” He smiled faintly. “She accepted me, Mother. And it made me feel a way I had never felt before. But we did not get much time…” He swallowed heavily, lowering his eyes again and remained silent for a while. “It hurts, Mother. Even more than when Father…”

“Yes,” she nodded. “I could not have done it without the Voss, you were already too far away. You did not want to be saved, your hatred was so strong that it was too much for my own strength. But yes, it is what I did for you. I brought you back, and they healed you. I would have died to save you, had I had to. I would have gladly died to make sure you would be back from the Darkness. That is what mothers do, Arcann.”

“I was not worth it…”

So heartfeltly written! I can not at all understand who can raise his hand on Senya? How can kill a mother who saves her son? And the people who do this, still dare to talk about some kind of "morality"?

Thank you all. :-)

So heartfeltly written! I can not at all understand who can raise his hand on Senya? How can kill a mother who saves her son? And the people who do this, still dare to talk about some kind of "morality"?

I actually tried to kill her... :o When she flees in space with him. But I spent at least 5 minutes staring at my screen weighting the pros and cons before choosing to. And I do not regret at all it was not possible at that time and could never have done it afterwards.

I think that the love a parent (well, obviously not Valky) can feel is something very hard to grasp before experiencing it oneself. Senya is a great mother. I can understand every bit of her hopes and decisions. My PC wouldn't, but tend to respect it more and more.

Edited by Iheaca

Thank you all. :-)

I actually tried to kill her... :o When she flees in space with him. But I spent at least 5 minutes staring at my screen weighting the pros and cons before choosing to. And I do not regret at all it was not possible at that time and could never have done it afterwards.

I think that the love a parent (well, obviously not Valky) can feel is something very hard to grasp before experiencing it oneself. Senya is a great mother. I can understand every bit of her hopes and decisions. My PC wouldn't, but tend to respect it more and more.

For my Sith warrior this was a very difficult decision, as he was determined to execute Arcann. But when I saw them with Senya ... When I saw Arcann looking at his mother ... It was too much for me.

Well, maybe my PC is a bad Sith. But at least he's not a bad person.:o

For my Sith warrior this was a very difficult decision, as he was determined to execute Arcann. But when I saw them with Senya ... When I saw Arcann looking at his mother ... It was too much for me.

Well, maybe my PC is a bad Sith. But at least he's not a bad person.:o

My PC was as well determined that Arcann had to be stopped. She never had anything against Senya but decided that the loss of one innocent life was concretely nothing compared to having him potentially continue destroying the galaxy. Part of the decision was as well that, as a commander, you have to take the decisions that seem right for the people who follow you, otherwise you lose them. Sometimes you can make them swallow things that they do not like, but there are limits to what can hurt your credibility. She had that in mind as well. Being an all merciful ruler is hard, if not impossible.

Edited by Iheaca

“I was not worth it…”

I am terrible at it :(. Sorry, in advance!

It may be too sweet for my tastes and I do dislike the way people stare while Outlander is on a verge of death (I do hope that it happens in medbay after Commander have been stabilized), but I do like it.

Looking forward for more of such stories. From you and others who have the talent and patience to put your thoughts on paper :).

I noticed that some forum people who dislike Arcann, actually have him around because they could not kill Senya. And I do agree: having no choice between fully accepting him or killing his Mother is grating.

I can also see someone finishing them off for roleplay reasons. Not everyone play LS Outlander who can forgive everything OR pragmatic DS who can see... the potential of such an alliance. And not everyone like scars or former villans :p.

But then “whats allowed to PC is not allowed to NPC” comes into picture and attacks become personal... Yeh, strange.

Edit: I guess some of the confusion comes from a way people view the Force. For me DS is a very dangerous, addictive power that corrupts. Some think that DS have nothing to do with Arcann actions and that he should be held fully responsible for his crimes. And then this views collide... BOOM!

Edited by RandomName_Ru

I'm a pure dark Jedi but I won't kill anything without a reason (maxed out dark purely cause dark point gained from quests and missions) or seem hamrless to me at some points. I let Senya/Arcann live because he's defeated by me, powerless, homeless and his mother begging for a second chance and no one know him better than his mother Senya.

I'm not into companions romance but I do not complaint anyone want to be his lover :D Arcann and Senya are my main companion purly because of their outfit LOL, Lana is third companion I like to have but I overwrite her original outfit with a Sith Reaver Armor set.

*Note: I'm only into force user companions, non force user won't be touch and just a crafting slaves no more no less.

It may be too sweet for my tastes and I do dislike the way people stare while Outlander is on a verge of death (I do hope that it happens in medbay after Commander have been stabilized), but I do like it.

Alright, alright, I slightly amended the text, she'll be in the medical bay, makes sense. :p

I noticed that some forum people who dislike Arcann, actually have him around because they could not kill Senya. And I do agree: having no choice between fully accepting him or killing his Mother is grating.

I can also see someone finishing them off for roleplay reasons. Not everyone play LS Outlander who can forgive everything OR pragmatic DS who can see... the potential of such an alliance. And not everyone like scars or former villans :p.

The point is not, whether Arcann like. Fact, that the very situation of killing a defenseless mother who saves her son is ugly. It's... disgusting.

Perhaps this is only my feeling, but if my character had killed Senya in this situation, he would have disgusted me. I could not play for him anymore, and I would have to destroy him.

At the same time, if there was an opportunity to execute Arсann in battle, my Sith warrior would do it without hesitation. But to kill Senya? Never. He's a Sith, but he's not a bastard.

The point is not, whether Arcann like. Fact, that the very situation of killing a defenseless mother who saves her son is ugly. It's... disgusting.

Perhaps this is only my feeling, but if my character had killed Senya in this situation, he would have disgusted me. I could not play for him anymore, and I would have to destroy him.

At the same time, if there was an opportunity to execute Arсann in battle, my Sith warrior would do it without hesitation. But to kill Senya? Never. He's a Sith, but he's not a bastard.

Our characters do not know what is going to happen in the future. That is only our players knowledge. So for a Outlander to decide it is safer to kill Arcann even if this means Senya dies too is not too far fetched I think - if you play a ruthless character I can see people choosing this option. We know what is going to happen but the story could have been different too - Arcann maybe not being able to be healed and coming back to kill even more people as a result.

Love it :)

Our characters do not know what is going to happen in the future. That is only our players knowledge. So for a Outlander to decide it is safer to kill Arcann even if this means Senya dies too is not too far fetched I think - if you play a ruthless character I can see people choosing this option. We know what is going to happen but the story could have been different too - Arcann maybe not being able to be healed and coming back to kill even more people as a result.

Love it :)

In this case, all our characters should just shoot the ship Senya and kill them without a doubt. And the option with a living Arcann and Senya simply does not have to exist.

Yes, the PC will assume that it did the right thing. But I'll know what he did.

And for me it's better metagaming, than a PC-geek. I love my PC too much to turn it into a disgusting monster.

Have you stumbled into another flame war? You ok?

Each of us have their own limits and taboo then it comes to things we can do in games.

I could never force myself to take DS choice at the end of Imperial Makeb, even if it was ruthlessly pragmatic and in character for that PC. I recruited DS Jaessa only one time for achievement, by abusing Diplomacy to stay gray - I do not think I would be able to make DS choices in that quest. If I commit my PC to one pixel, that toon will not cheat on them with another pixel (all the fun I miss - I heard breaking pixel hearts can be amusing ;p).

But if others do it... Well, it is their game? Have fun!

Sometimes with/without the meta knowledge and in the game with the fractured and not very consistent story it is hard to make the decision. What if SCORPIO will show up again and depending on my choice, people will leave or die? What if Arcann was not redeemable and caused a lot of damage before finally going down? What if Lana will betray the Commander and I wasted all that gifts on her? The horror!

Edited by RandomName_Ru