EA Answers HQ Forums for Swtor

OwenBrooks

Just wanted to let everyone know of the changes to the swtor section at EA Answers HQ (AHQ).

The following is now available to all players including F2P and Preferred Players, feel free to pass this information on to any F2P and Preferred Players you know as well.

Existing Sticky at swtor.com referencing AHQ

Main Link for Swtor at AHQ

Game Information & Discussion

Stop by here to chat about the game and meet members of the community! Need help with Master Mode chapters or choosing a Discipline? No harm in asking!

Troubleshooting Guides & Info

This forum is read-only. Got a guide or post that you think is worthy? Reach out to one of our Community Managers, Heroes, or Champions! (or let me know).

Technical Issues

Got a technical issue not covered or resolved by the Troubleshooting Guides? Post here for more help!

Game FAQs

This contains game information on just about all facets of the game

Edited by OwenBrooks

Just wanted to let everyone know of the changes to the swtor section at EA Answers HQ (AHQ).

The following is now available to all players including F2P and Preferred Players, feel free to pass this information on to any F2P and Preferred Players you know as well.

Existing Sticky at swtor.com referencing AHQ

Main Link for Swtor at AHQ

Game Information & Discussion

Stop by here to chat about the game and meet members of the community! Need help with Master Mode chapters or choosing a Discipline? No harm in asking!

Troubleshooting Guides & Info

This forum is read-only. Got a guide or post that you think is worthy? Reach out to one of our Community Managers, Heroes, or Champions! (or let me know).

Technical Issues

Got a technical issue not covered or resolved by the Troubleshooting Guides? Post here for more help!

Game FAQs

This contains game information on just about all facets of the game

Seems like EA are preparing to stop supporting or turn this forum off like they have with the rest of their games. I guess they want to centralise them and reduce CS support and moderation so the same people look after multiple games instead of one.

Edited by Totemdancer

Seems like EA are preparing to stop supporting or turn this forum off like they have with the rest of their games. I guess they want to centralise them and reduce CS support and moderation so the same people look at multiple games instead of one.

Is that really what this is about? ;s

It really wouldnt surprise me. From a business point of view it makes perfect sense. I've helped manage call centres before and we used to have 8-12 different client accounts. Most of our staff would look after two or three different companies.

There is no intent or discussion at all to close this forum.

Some seem to love the rumor mill , and see the sky falling on everything. I much rather look at the positives in that they are expanding ways for players to interact, especially non subscribers.

this rumor can be put to bed completely.

It really wouldnt surprise me. From a business point of view it makes perfect sense. I've helped manage call centres before and we used to have 8-12 different client accounts. Most of our staff would look after two or three different companies.

There is no intent or discussion at all to close this forum.

Some seem to love the rumor mill , and see the sky falling on everything. I much rather look at the positives in that they are expanding ways for players to interact, especially non subscribers.

this rumor can be put to bed completely.

I see, well, I certainly hope it'll remain just that, a rumour! :)

I see, well, I certainly hope it'll remain just that, a rumour! :)

Not a rumour, it's just my opinion. Please don't take it as fact. I'm just looking at it from a business point of view and then using the sort of logic EA seems to apply to not caring about anything but their bottom line, players be damned.

Not a rumour, it's just my opinion. Please don't take it as fact. I'm just looking at it from a business point of view and then using the sort of logic EA seems to apply to not caring about anything but their bottom line, players be damned.

I never thought of it as a fact. :) Unfortunately I do see where you're coming from though.

Yes I really should of expected this reaction.

Mind Swtor has been at AHQ since 2015 so this isn't a new forum area per sey.

Historically discussion threads where closed/locked at AHQ in the swtor section - example http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Streamlining-the-game-and-making-it-to-easy/m-p/4943658

Now I can move this to the discussion forum there instead of just shutting it down.

and given people complained F2P and Preferred players had no way to interact it was decided to create a discussion area for them.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Yes I really should of expected this reaction.

Mind Swtor has been at AHQ since 2015 so this isn't a new forum area per sey.

Historically discussion threads where closed/locked at AHQ in the swtor section - example http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Streamlining-the-game-and-making-it-to-easy/m-p/4943658#M6220

Now I can move this to the discussion forum there instead of just shutting it down.

and given people complained F2P and Preferred players had no way to interact it was decided to create a discussion area for them.

Don't get me wrong Owen. None of what I said was directed at you or the option to post over at the other forum. I think it's a good step that they are allowing F2P people to post there. It's just a shame they've never implemented it here and it looks like they are preparing to put this forum to bed in the not too distant future,

it looks like they are preparing to put this forum to bed in the not too distant future,

All good i understood that it wasn't directed at me, I just do not want my thread losing focus on the intent of why I made it.

This forum area will always be just subscriber only, think of it as a perk of the sub ;)

I do need to mention that non-constructive posts will not be tolerated at AHQ so where people seem to attack people all the time here at times, it will not be allowed at all at AHQ.

Healthy discussion like this is fine though.

Edited by OwenBrooks

All good i understood that it wasn't directed at me, I just do not want my thread losing focus on the intent of why I made it.

This forum area will always be just subscriber only, think of it as a perk of the sub ;)

I do need to mention that non-constructive posts will not be tolerated at AHQ so where people seem to attack people all the time here at times, it will not be allowed at all at AHQ.

That would be a refreshing change of pace.

That would be a refreshing change of pace.

What would occur to give you an idea, is if I come across a post that is less then constructive, I edit that persons post directly and remove the section that I consider inappropriate and it will have a mod comment that it was removed and why it was removed. example would be [Mod Removed - Personal Attack].

Whats allowed and isn't is found at http://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#rules-guidelines

Edited by OwenBrooks

• 3 weeks later...

Too little, too late:

on any game, there is only a small portion of players reading the forums.

When i started as f2p in swtor, i could say 1 thing in tchat every 2 minutes. And i quickly understood i couldn't post on the official forums. BW never wanted to hear from f2ps, and they got what they wanted ;)

So.. it's nice for the newcomers, but don't expect any influx on the forums.

Edited by Vodolebon

The forum has a fairly constant influx of people over the years but until now has been for technical issues only.

The technical issues forum was moved from swtor.com back in 2015 to AHQ simply because the only people that could get help when it was here on these forums was subscribers only.

So moving that forum to AHQ allowed everyone to get help not just subscribers.

Bioware have also assigned several Swtor CS to AHQ covering all 3 forum areas English , German and French , this allows if the thread in question requires an official response they can get one, and swtor CS can raise issues back to the studio directly.

The new sub forums are there if people want to use them for their own space and depending on what the topic is get a response either from other players or Swtor CS. Technical issues will always be my priority but I do monitor the new discussion forum much like I monitor here :)

Edited by OwenBrooks