Move entire account to new server option

Eriamea

I am sure that this has been requested before but this is an option that has become more relevant than ever given how lightly populated most servers are.

I have toons that act as "feeders" for gear, I share gear between my toons (like sins/shadows), the crafting is organized, every toon has a specialty: essentially all toons work in synergy.

The problem is the light population on the server and being able to move the entire account to another server to play with friends would be really useful as many guilds are now moving to Harbinger since EA isn't saying anything about servers (or just merge them, keep people happy and save money).

I am sure that this has been requested before but this is an option that has become more relevant than ever given how lightly populated most servers are.

I have toons that act as "feeders" for gear, I share gear between my toons (like sins/shadows), the crafting is organized, every toon has a specialty: essentially all toons work in synergy.

The problem is the light population on the server and being able to move the entire account to another server to play with friends would be really useful as many guilds are now moving to Harbinger since EA isn't saying anything about servers (or just merge them, keep people happy and save money).

Entire legacy, not entire account. ("Entire account" would include all your characters on all the servers.)

Entire legacy, not entire account. ("Entire account" would include all your characters on all the servers.)

Legacy already moves servers. If you move a toon with a higher legacy then you currently have on a server the higher legacy prevails.

..will have its Legacy name set to your Legacy name on the destination server.

...will have its Legacy level set to the highest Legacy level between the original and the destination server.

Edit---I think the OP means the option to move all his toons for 1 price. I believe FF14 is the only mmo that offers a mutiple transfer for a one time fee

Edited by Upirlikhyi

Edit---I think the OP means the option to move all his toons for 1 price. I believe FF14 is the only mmo that offers a mutiple transfer for a one time fee

Yes, I'm sure that's what he meant. But it wouldn't be "move whole account to server". It would be "move whole *legacy* to server". Otherwise, there'd be real fun when someone who created 40 characters on every server decided to move them *all* ("whole account") to one server. I don't think they'd fit.

Also, on transferring legacies: if you don't have a legacy on the new server, the game does not *just* copy it there and away you go. No, it copies all the settings and unlocks, but it *activates* only the character perks. To activate the legacy-wide perks (e.g. mount-while-moving);, you have to "activate" the legacy by opening the panel and assigning a legacy name. Then you should log out of the character and back in to actually load the perks.

Yes, I'm sure that's what he meant. But it wouldn't be "move whole account to server". It would be "move whole *legacy* to server". Otherwise, there'd be real fun when someone who created 40 characters on every server decided to move them *all* ("whole account") to one server. I don't think they'd fit.

Also, on transferring legacies: if you don't have a legacy on the new server, the game does not *just* copy it there and away you go. No, it copies all the settings and unlocks, but it *activates* only the character perks. To activate the legacy-wide perks (e.g. mount-while-moving);, you have to "activate" the legacy by opening the panel and assigning a legacy name. Then you should log out of the character and back in to actually load the perks.

ahhh thank you I did not know this. never xfered a toon to a server i didnt have a toon on. Only xfered once and I had legacy on that server I went to but the toon I xfered was higher