Bounty Contracts on Hutta and Ord Mantell above level 26

Mubrak

The normal henchmen contracts on Hutta and Ord Mantell can only be done up to level 26. At level 27 they vanish from the mission board.

This means that a new character can't get the complete story for henchmen and kingpin on Hutta, unless the char was created during a bounty week and managed to arrive on fleet and find the event before leveling to 27. It's also an unnecessary hurdle for achievement-hunters since you may not be able to get the alive and dead achievements on the starter planets, unless you do nothing but the event with those chars to avoid leveling past 26.

This actually was a change introduced in Patch 2.3.2:

Characters above level 27 are no longer able to accept Hutta and Ord Mantell Bounty Contracts.
There was a reason to lock us from doing the quest at a higher level. I was there, and saw the experience new players would get on those planets (mainly Hutta where two of the informants are in the starter building). But things have changed since then: There is level sync now, the mobs that spawn for a level 70 player aren't any more impressive than those that spawn for a level 20. There also aren't that many players still doing the event, and those who do, know that there is no need to camp the informants inside the Hutta cantina as there are plenty of them outside. And yes, there aren't as many players overall, old and new, as there used to be back then.

So the suggestion is to allow us to (again) do the normal Hutta and Ord Mantell contracts regardless of our level. If you still have concerns, move the informants outside the cantina, so other players fighting them isn't the very first impression a new player gets from the game.

Edited by Mubrak

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They definitely should open up Ord Mantel & Hutta regardless of Level; so this I support a lot.  

Solution (They) think is simple: 

• Just create a new Republic Trooper &/or Imperial Agent to run the Event.

Problem: 

• You only get 1 Kingpin Contract per week, so if you defeat Kingpin, you then need to leave this character alone; till event returns.
  • What I don't know is are the Henchmen that Spawn on Ord Mantel & Hutta any different from other Planets?  -- See Update!

So that's what I need to research find out what I can, I used to run event 2+ years ago, so it's been years since I've done it.  Though I used to save key data from Guides to help me earn Achievements, I'll see if I can find that in my backup.

UPDATE:

See my last two posts in thread --Level 80 Character's aren't restricted from Hutta or Ord Mantel Kingpin Contracts; you can get all Henchmen on other Planets!

Edited by Strathkin
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Strathkin said:
  • Just create a new Republic Trooper &/or Imperial Agent run the Event.

It's not entirely a bad solution. The real problem here is that there is a limit to how many characters you can own. If you're already at n/n toons on the server, you won't be able to make any more, unless you're under 100 toons, and buy an unlock on the CM, or just create the character on a different sever, or under a different SWTOR account. If going for achievement though, leaving the server isn't going to cut it.

Edited by Traceguy

On 2/8/2024 at 5:33 AM, Traceguy said:

It's not entirely a bad solution. The real problem here is that there is a limit to how many characters you can own. If you're already at n/n toons on the server, you won't be able to make any more, unless you're under 100 toons, and buy an unlock on the CM, or just create the character on a different sever, or under a different SWTOR account. If going for achievement though, leaving the server isn't going to cut it.

Yes I also AGREE, I don't think they should limit your Trooper's or Agents from going to Ord Mantell or Hutta.  

It's honestly silly if you have to create 2 new toons, level them to perhaps 10-15 then completely STOP and wait till the Event run's at least twice.  Cause what's worst is if you want both KINGPIN achievements, you can do 1 per week, so then that character has to sit at close to the same level doing nothing till the event is on AGAIN.

I mean it's bad enough I have so much stuff left undone on my existing character's...   :( 

UPDATE:

-- Seems they don't Restrict Level 80 Character's at least for the KINGPINs at Hutta or Ord Mantel, I confirmed that thanks to @Darcmoon post below.

-- I've also confirmed all Henchmen can be earned on all more Senior Planets, available to a Level 80 Character as well.

Edited by Strathkin

2 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Yes I also AGREE, I don't think they should limit your Trooper's or Agents from going to Ord Mantell or Hutta.  

It's honest silly you have to create 2 new toons, level them to perhaps 10-15 then completely STOP and wait till the Event run's at least twice.  Cause what's worst is if you want both KINGPIN achievements, you can do 1 per week, so then that character has to sit at close to the same level doing nothing till the event is on AGAIN.

I mean it's bad enough I have so much stuff left undone on my existing character's...   :( 

The kingpin bounties can be done by anyone who buys the 'authorization'. I also believe that while a specific toon can only do each kingpin once per week, you can still do that kingpin on another toon by buying the 'authorization' on them.  I could be wrong about the last part however.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2024 at 6:38 PM, Darcmoon said:

The kingpin bounties can be done by anyone who buys the 'authorization'. I also believe that while a specific toon can only do each kingpin once per week, you can still do that kingpin on another toon by buying the 'authorization' on them.  I could be wrong about the last part however.  

Your correct, I purchased the Hutta Kingpin for my Agent whose Level 80, and I was able to do that just fine. 

So next I'll be purchasing Ord Mantel for my Trooper, then I'll just have to buy Tatooine & Voss Kingpins for 2 other character's before I have them all.  I'm now quite sure the Henchmen can spawn on all the other, Level 15+ Planets like Coruscant or Dromund Kaas and beyond.  So this is perhaps why the DEV's never changed anything...   ...I try and figure things out, to end not only my confusion, yet also others.  This sadly was one of the last Events I got around to progressing, yet maxed most the others awhile ago!

Bounty Hunter Event: Finding T'rubba! HELP - General Discussion - SWTOR | Forums

I found these notes possibly from SWTOR Bounty Contract Week Guide: (Dulfy used to have great guides) not sure if there, VULKK, or some place else?

-- This is likely (2+ years old data) yet likely still valid, so if you don't like Spoiler's don't read; or discover the INFO yourself.  

Spoiler

NOTE: Even if you know Info, when down to 1-2 Henchmen takes time & effort, it's random by design; focus on earning Bounty's, or progress slower...

T’rubba – Hutta or Ord Mantell, Nar Shaddaa, Voss. Beacon B-12
Aja Novar – Hutta or Ord Mantell, Nar Shaddaa, Alderaan, Voss. Beacon C-73
D-3X – Hutta or Ord Mantell, Dromund Kaas or Coruscant, Alderaan, Voss. Beacon D-44
Udo Ensh – Hutta or Ord Mantell, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine. Beacon A-31
Sogan Sur – Dromund Kaas or Coruscant, Alderaan, Tatooine, Voss. Beacon F-46
Novane – Dromund Kaas or Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, Alderaan, Tatooine. Beacon G-77
Zinda Kent – Dromund Kaas or Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, Alderaan, Tatooine. Beacon H-68
Kar’wa – Hutta or Ord Mantell, Dromund Kaas or Coruscant, Tatooine, Voss. Beacon E-85

& also for those who really like achievements

https://youtu.be/odD3liIu5gM

So you can earn all Henchmen on higher level planets.  While the Kingpins work for a Level 80 Character, even at Hutta or Ord Mantel so Event is fine!  :csw_yoda: 

Hope that helps, answer a few questions.  There are several SWTOR forum thread's, that identify where each Henchman can spawn, similar to T'rubba Help thread I linked above...   

Edited by Strathkin

• 5 months later...