Bring swtor to the Consoles!! Both Xbox one and Playsation 4

Lord_Azreal

Yeh so i think it would be nice to see it come to the consoles. I have both a pc and a xbox one but i believe this game would be great possible a little better on the xbox. Playing wise.

I doubt it. This game has combat rotations with *lots* of abilities. How do you propose mapping those to a console controller? You know, one that has fewer buttons than even the simplest of full rotations. Sure, you can play "chords" of buttons, pressing several at once, to increase the combinations available, but that ends up with "RB+LB+RT+X ==> quickbar 4 abiltiy 2"(1), and I don't think anyone wants that.

And I don't want it dumbed down to make it accessible without endless chords.

(Another point on chords: the game has to delay the activation slightly to see if you are going to press LB with your RB, and again to see if you're also going to press RT and/or X with it. That delay delays the activation of the ability that's on *just* LB or *just* RB+LB, which *can* make a difference in some situations.)

(1) My only console is a Wii U, so I don't know the buttons on an XBox One / PS4 controller. The examples come from the buttons on my XBox 360 controller for Windows.

EDIT: and the internal state of the code, they say, is such that porting to a console, especially a non-Microsoft one, is pretty much a non-starter. It may well be *possible* (software is sufficiently flexible to allow it), but it is unlikely to be *feasible*. That is, it would be way far too expensive to be worth doing. (Yes, SWTOR uses the Hero Engine, but it's a much-hacked-on pre-release version, and returning to a main-line version of the HE would be .... painful. Anything that we describe as "painful" is pretty much guaranteed to be a strong source of severe bugs if you try to modify it.)

Edited by SteveTheCynic