Manaan SH Megathread

foxxycandy

Okay, in addition to the entrance, one other thing I'd like to see:

Can we please raise the cap a bit on permitted NPC decorations? That initial fountain lineup is practically begging for a companion roll call, but I can only fit about 20 total. That's just wrong. :(

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here - no music.

Also every time I enter a grouped thing, (such as a warzone), when it ends, instead of just appearing back in my Manaan SH I get the "press space bar" nonsense and Manaan SH intro cut scene every time. I am beginning to hate the place. Should have saved my millions for a Nexu pet instead.

That is an interesting bug... and an ironic one, as I've often wished on other strongholds I could choose to go through that cutscene again on my characters so I can see how my stronghold looks in it with different decoration setups! But having it play every time does sound aggravating; I'll make sure not to log out or queue there until that's fixed.

I like that it isn't gargantuan like yavin, but otherwise it's very underwhelming. I mean, elevator... seriously... like there's not enough of those. Looks utilitarian like dromund kaas without the beautiful rain and friendly chat.

I use shs for practical purpose mostly, so until they implement the feature to pick the teleport spot it's still nar shaddaa for me.

Edited by stu_ungar

This Stronghold was a disappointment compared to the potential. The amount of decorations required to max out such a small stronghold is ridiculous. Obviously, it's super buggy, that's to be expected. I feel like there needs to be an expansion added in on this thing. From the underwater observatory, there should be an underwater walkway leading to a second section, similar in size comparison to the current underwater observatory. There should NOT be an increase in amount of decos required though. There should be a way to free jump around the roof of this stronghold. It looks beautiful, but to be blocked from exploring the outside so drastically and the amount of explorable space being so restricted from the stronghold's actual size is disappointing. Let us just outside of the rooftop gardens and running around! Finally, the amount of green and centerpiece hooks compared to large and medium are ridiculous. Yes, you can sort of adjust the layouts, but that really only does a minimal amount to help. Oh, and in the center of the underwater observatory, there is a built in light directly above the view glass. There should be a hook there instead, cause duh, emergency escape submersible. Overall though, it's a cosmetically beautiful stronghold and there is definitely some potential, but there could be soooo much more with these changes.

This Stronghold was a disappointment compared to the potential. The amount of decorations required to max out such a small stronghold is ridiculous. Obviously, it's super buggy, that's to be expected. I feel like there needs to be an expansion added in on this thing. From the underwater observatory, there should be an underwater walkway leading to a second section, similar in size comparison to the current underwater observatory. There should NOT be an increase in amount of decos required though. There should be a way to free jump around the roof of this stronghold. It looks beautiful, but to be blocked from exploring the outside so drastically and the amount of explorable space being so restricted from the stronghold's actual size is disappointing. Let us just outside of the rooftop gardens and running around! Finally, the amount of green and centerpiece hooks compared to large and medium are ridiculous. Yes, you can sort of adjust the layouts, but that really only does a minimal amount to help. Oh, and in the center of the underwater observatory, there is a built in light directly above the view glass. There should be a hook there instead, cause duh, emergency escape submersible. Overall though, it's a cosmetically beautiful stronghold and there is definitely some potential, but there could be soooo much more with these changes.

They actually could add the hooks we have in yavin that helps us get up on certain areas to decorate.

Does everyone have the introduction cutscene playing all the time?

Yes, me - i posted about it on the previous page. Very annoying. I just want to decorate it for the conquest boost then I'll be using Nar Shadaa - still the best SH. I thought Manaan was going to be better than it is.

I see, thanks for confirming it! :)

I'm generally happy with Manaan, but what I do miss is the big windows for the underwater parts. They are too small and it shard to see through them properly. I know it's just water, but it kind of doesn't give me the feeling that I'm deep under water. 🤔 Maybe it's just me.

Other than that it's great and I'm happy it isn't huge.

I see, thanks for confirming it! :)

I'm generally happy with Manaan, but what I do miss is the big windows for the underwater parts. They are too small and it shard to see through them properly. I know it's just water, but it kind of doesn't give me the feeling that I'm deep under water. 🤔 Maybe it's just me.

Other than that it's great and I'm happy it isn't huge.

There is a huge shark out there that swims by from time to time so yes the windows need a bit bigger especially in the area where you can actually put something in the water.

Size doesn't matter in my opinion. I would have been happy with a little loft like Kaliyo's on Zakuul. But this stronghold IS huge, there is enough space to include some little other rooms. So why only four additions?

Size is not important for me but if they decide to publish a massive stronghold like this one, it should be filled.

There is a huge shark out there that swims by from time to time so yes the windows need a bit bigger especially in the area where you can actually put something in the water.

Yeah those are the windows I mean, I'm not sure why they didn't put one there. DK has big windows and so does coruscant. I doubt it's something they'd still edit at this point, but I wish they would.:)

Haven't seen the Shark yet!

Yeah those are the windows I mean, I'm not sure why they didn't put one there. DK has big windows and so does coruscant. I doubt it's something they'd still edit at this point, but I wish they would.:)

Haven't seen the Shark yet!

He's huge! I put 2 turrets out side there one on each side. Yea I wish they would too.

The stronghold is so much larger then we can access.

Look out the window of the top floor, there is a entire section with submarines. I am so annoyed that I can not get there.

The players should not have to look for a starship hook, the placement of thatone is very bad..

I would not mind if this stronghold went back to the drawingboard for a month or so and then returned awesome.

For now I think it is a small, a bit bad planned decent stronghold but not near what I expected after all this time.

Edited by Icestar

I'm still trying to work out how to access this. Can anyone help?

You cant in fact go up there. But right when you zone in, put on Edit Mode, turn right, and you should see the Starship hook sticking out on the ocean side of the roof.

You cant in fact go up there. But right when you zone in, put on Edit Mode, turn right, and you should see the Starship hook sticking out on the ocean side of the roof.

I had to go upstairs and from the outside click on the Starship hook. PAINFUL to do that, but it worked.

Thanks for replies - I was guessing it would be a pain to access :rolleyes:

* FINALLY *dances*

* seriously so happy about this

* its not too huge like yavin

* overall I'm pretty happy, so thank you for finally putting this one together!

Dislikes

* we need more of those gold statue decorations we see all over Manaan. If you buy the Deep Water set you get 1, which is a center hook. This to me does not make sense. Actual town has a statue on top of the walkway, I'm sad that was not replicated, nor can I create it to be replicated.

* the inside layout doesn't really seem to match the city architecture to me

* feel it needs to be a bit bigger, a few extra rooms that would be bedrooms type of deal

* so yeah, def more gold statues

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-l5T91kKDn-o/V1snjAEdUxI/AAAAAAAADL4/95h-Zdi7D-8d4-Ff_ootoW6D0hWuPfG2gCLcB/s1600/Outside%2BDepths%2Bof%2BManaan.jpg

* fountains. I'm happy we have them, but I was really looking forward to this

http://massivelyop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/one53.jpg

I am happy that we sort of have them on the sides, but these falls were part of my favorite thing about Manaan, so not being front and center make me sad

* needs a bedroom, I hate the idea of making a bedroom in the basement with the lighting/decor area. Using a side by the window in the main room

* hooks are really confusing as to where they are placed. The main room, so much could be done with it, but the spacing is horrible!

* item size to hook are confusing. Why is a certain garden a centerpiece and why don't we have a proper hook for it?

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/22-QbEysy8.jpg

Why is the gold statue mentioned above a centerpiece? It shouldn't be.

Why are certain hooks in certain spots but not others that would match the way the city looks?

* Random glitch where my main male companions from story are lined up outside in their underwear. Can't switch them out. I know Kaliyo isn't complaining.

* while I love the concept of the garden, I hate that you can't see out the water. Its like you get a partial fence with some greenery and that sit. At least let me look at the ocean or something.

* we need these fern plants and a lot more topiary plants in game to help decorate

* music needs to work and also seriously needs a loop option

* need more manaan specific decor, more chairs/couches/tanks etc.

* was hoping for some secret room or view, enjoyed those a lot in Yavin

I agree with many of the others. Now that I've fully unlocked it and had a good long look around, I have to say it's the worst layout ever. The rooms make no sense and there are areas that can't be accessed but should be.

I did like the glass bottom floor and the fountains and such, but it's going to cost me billions to turn that place civilized and I can't even fathom how long it's going to take, because of the poor hook placements.

Please, do us a favor and look up the word 'symmetry' then try doing it on the next stronghold. Thanks.

And Bioware

where ist the Firaxa Shark???

:p

The shark is there, you can see him swimming around, you just have to wait for him to come around. Not a close up but definitely a shadowy form lurking below.

I'm very happy that the purple fish are there though.

I have to agree with everybody else regarding the hook layout. Its an absolute mess and what really irks me is the lack of large hooks with little green ones inside the building, especially at the large room upstairs and the deep water sanctuaries. I actually wanted to make a medical laboratory in one of those rooms and got the medical ceiling lights for it, as well as the various medical tanks. But alas its nearly impossible so it looks like I will place that in my Nar Shadaa Stronghold as well.

Another thing not mentioned is there is only one Starship Hook. It would have been nice if there was another Starship Hook underwater, outside the Deep Water Sanctuary. I was planning to place either the "Fix Up Starfighter" or the "Derelict Spacecraft" deco so it would have looked like a sunken wreck starship. But alas that ain't happening unless the Devs are kind enough to make adjustments.

Nonetheless, while decorating this stronghold will be difficult due to the bad hook placement, I will still be getting it. I doubt I can ever decorate it 100% due to the large placement requirement, but I will at least make it pretty. ;)

Edited by queetz