Class Change Feedback in 5.3 and 5.4

EricMusco

^^ this x100

18 days left on my sub and im out

+1

I was in a NiM Rooster with ranged dps, but since the 5.3, i don't have enough dps so i am out.

Before i could challenged melee dps, but now i am 1-1.5K dps behind. And with the melee upgrade comming in August, marauder/operative will probably do 2k-2.5k more dps than ranged on raid.

Edited by Mocaccino

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither of those posts say anything about an upcoming buff to melee classes. I main a Ruffian, and I think we're likely to see that class get nerfed.

Melee Sustained is supposed to be at the top of the potential DPS charts, but those 'charts' are intended to have a limit, and if the melee classes are already at or above that limit (like many people - including myself - think), they may go unchanged, or even get nerfed themselves. I could see Vanguards or Guardians getting a small boost, but not Sentinels or Scoundrels.

+1

I was in a NiM Rooster with ranged dps, but since the 5.3, i don't have enough dps so i am out.

Before i could challenged melee dps, but now i am 1-1.5K dps behind. And with the melee upgrade comming in August, marauder/operative will probably do 2k-2.5k more dps than ranged on raid.

You should be able to challenge Melee dps in an actual boss fight, but BioWare seems to think that the amount of dps a person can do on a dummy parse is far more important.

What really matters is how much you can do when it counts, and BioWare doesn't seem to care about that. Instead, they seem to want melee to perform better, and they think that range classes deserve to underperform.

If they didn't feel that way, then they would never have made some of the really bad changes that came with 5.3.

You should be able to challenge Melee dps in an actual boss fight, but BioWare seems to think that the amount of dps a person can do on a dummy parse is far more important.

What really matters is how much you can do when it counts, and BioWare doesn't seem to care about that. Instead, they seem to want melee to perform better, and they think that range classes deserve to underperform.

If they didn't feel that way, then they would never have made some of the really bad changes that came with 5.3.

Exactly. I want players to be equal. I hate being on a 2nd place just because burst melee classes overperform compare to rDPS.

Bioware, nerf melee burst classes! Its getting to far. People are losing interest playing the game because classes are out of balance

You are to slow with updates on class balance.

Devs on vaccation or just dont care?

They need 1 year to fix broken classes?

Cmon ppl are paying for this broken game.

THE BALANCE ISSUE IS EAZY

Mercs: 3 "heal to full buttons"? so dps mercs should be ably to heal 1 milliion in dps spec?????????. Mercs are not tanks FIX THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!

PT: broken class. This class need alot of work both in pvp and pve. Increase range or give them more defensive

Sorcs: lightning needs burst buff

Sniper: Nerf selfheals on balistic sheild a little

All other classes are pretty balanced.

HOW MUCH TIME YOU NEED?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????

+1

im good at playing my mara but my hm / Nim team dont want a 4 melee dps team so we just...stopped playing and all unsubed to play other game ''diablo 3 season 11 and final fantasy ''

im good at playing my mara but my hm / Nim team dont want a 4 melee dps team so we just...stopped playing and all unsubed to play other game ''diablo 3 season 11 and final fantasy ''

I.O Merc, and snipers with the exception of Marksman/ss are in a decent spot I think for Nim/MM raiding, ie: decent as in the players who have mastered these classes should have no problem as dps in a raid team contributing, pulling their weight and not being carried. Some of the other rdps specs though, not so much.

It goes to show that the last patch of gear (248) made Nim/MM accessible to a wider array of players to try out than previously was the case in Swtor. With these nerfs/adjustments incomming that will not be the case anymore probably untill a new set of bis gear is introduced or something. Wether that's a good thing or bad is up for debate, but it surely will limit end-game raiding (already almost dead in game) even more for the time being, and that's probably a negative for the overall health of the game.

Edited by ottffsse

Mercs: 3 "heal to full buttons"? so dps mercs should be ably to heal 1 milliion in dps spec?????????. Mercs are not tanks FIX THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!

PT: broken class. This class need alot of work both in pvp and pve. Increase range or give them more defensive

They need roughly another month, as they've said repeatedly in other posts that more class balance changes are coming with the 5.4 patch in August. Hell, the title of this very thread tells you when the next class balance changes are coming. Untwist your knickers, and let them do their jobs. It takes time to plan the changes, test them, verify the numbers, tweak the changes, reapply, retest, and finally release. At best, it's a monthly process - not a daily or weekly one.

5.3 was about raw numbers. 5.4 will involve other changes, including to utilities (like the ones that make Merc DPS OP, defensively). If August comes and goes and Mercs still have three lifebars, that's when your complaint becomes valid.

Powertech is a melee class. This is a direction they deliberately chose to go some time ago, changing 30m abilities to 10m abilities. You can see from this post that Pyrotech is categorised as Melee Sustained, and AP is Melee Burst. They're not going to increase the class's range. And again, defensibility changes will come with the tweaks planned for 5.4.

In August.

Seems like a lot of players already unsubbed

Seems like a lot of players already unsubbed

Well I unsubbed too, in about two weeks or a little less my time will run out. I've had it!!! /Rage /mad /mouthfoam!!

Though I only unsubbed because I need to work on my art and swtor is too distracting.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

The classes and/or the changes that needed to be most addressed in terms of class balance weren't even mentioned. What's the point of even making these threads? You're clearly out of touch with the way the game actually plays and the people who play it. Edited by DsevenO

The classes and/or the changes that needed to be most addressed in terms of class balance weren't even mentioned. What's the point of even making these threads? You're clearly out of touch with the way the game actually plays and the people who play it.

The point is that some people still confuse a top level gold post with communication or even worse discussion. So they make those threads so people think their comments are actually listened to. *shrug*

I'm asking the same question most other people are, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX MERCENARY/COMMANDO DEFENSIVE COOLDOWN'S!?!?!

It is down right insane a class can just cycle their DCD's and keep getting healed to full health! Then on top of that they have options in the skill tree's to lower the cooldown of their shield every time they're attacked.... WTH!! They also can spam tracer missile and get a 25k instant heal after 3 tracers. THEN on top of that they have net and best mobile ranged damage in the game!!!

I don't think you all realize how many people have left this game or plan to for the sole factor of Merc's and Mando's being stupidly over powered, wake up fellas this is something that needs to be addressed ASAP...

I'm asking the same question most other people are, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX MERCENARY/COMMANDO DEFENSIVE COOLDOWN'S!?!?!

It is down right insane a class can just cycle their DCD's and keep getting healed to full health! Then on top of that they have options in the skill tree's to lower the cooldown of their shield every time they're attacked.... WTH!! They also can spam tracer missile and get a 25k instant heal after 3 tracers. THEN on top of that they have net and best mobile ranged damage in the game!!!

I don't think you all realize how many people have left this game or plan to for the sole factor of Merc's and Mando's being stupidly over powered, wake up fellas this is something that needs to be addressed ASAP...

My lvl 50 mercenary cannot "keep getting healed to full health", please explain how is this happening? And NO " you cannot die in class story and PvE content because even if your Mako is rank 5 she MUST heal you" stuff ! Your absurd demands ARE affecting newbie mercenaries, people are leaving because of that. You will say " big deal some noobs are leaving".. Those "noobs" PAYED for the games, the same "noobs" payed really big money for rare armors, so it is a big deal.

My lvl 50 mercenary cannot "keep getting healed to full health", please explain how is this happening? And NO " you cannot die in class story and PvE content because even if your Mako is rank 5 she MUST heal you" stuff ! Your absurd demands ARE affecting newbie mercenaries, people are leaving because of that. You will say " big deal some noobs are leaving".. Those "noobs" PAYED for the games, the same "noobs" payed really big money for rare armors, so it is a big deal.

Its lvl 70 Mercs getting healed to full 😉

When balancing classes in an mmo, there are a ton of variables which can make it difficult. It's tough, but possible. It's worth trying to do, and the studio and the devs should have a commitment to doing it.

However, if you wanted to add into the mix the additional set of variables included in lowbie and midbie characters, the amount of variables in balancing would be staggering, and literally impossible to balance fairly. Every ability you have or don't have would need a readjustment to the balance.

Back in December I wrote up a forum post asking for nerfs to trauma regulators and energy rebounder. Before I wrote that post, I leveled a merc, from 10 to 70, almost exclusively with pvp, so I could get a feel for how the differences were. So I know exactly how tough it is to play a merc without trauma regulators kicking in every 40 seconds to heal me back to full. But I also know exactly how easy it was, even without trauma regulators, to do a heroic or main story mission in between matches. Still, extremely easy. In fact, to get good, I'd unsummon my companion while doing heroics, so I'd be forced to use a little strategy and dcds.

So we don't care about your level 50 issues. You'll be fine in your solo missions regardless, and it's not worth the dev time to try and balance out every combination of lowbie and midbie characters that might end up fighting in a wz or working together in a flashpoint. There's just gonna be some bumps in the road until you hit max level, which also happens to be extremely easy to accomplish.

When balancing classes in an mmo, there are a ton of variables which can make it difficult. It's tough, but possible. It's worth trying to do, and the studio and the devs should have a commitment to doing it.

However, if you wanted to add into the mix the additional set of variables included in lowbie and midbie characters, the amount of variables in balancing would be staggering, and literally impossible to balance fairly. Every ability you have or don't have would need a readjustment to the balance.

Back in December I wrote up a forum post asking for nerfs to trauma regulators and energy rebounder. Before I wrote that post, I leveled a merc, from 10 to 70, almost exclusively with pvp, so I could get a feel for how the differences were. So I know exactly how tough it is to play a merc without trauma regulators kicking in every 40 seconds to heal me back to full. But I also know exactly how easy it was, even without trauma regulators, to do a heroic or main story mission in between matches. Still, extremely easy. In fact, to get good, I'd unsummon my companion while doing heroics, so I'd be forced to use a little strategy and dcds.

So we don't care about your level 50 issues. You'll be fine in your solo missions regardless, and it's not worth the dev time to try and balance out every combination of lowbie and midbie characters that might end up fighting in a wz or working together in a flashpoint. There's just gonna be some bumps in the road until you hit max level, which also happens to be extremely easy to accomplish.

It's really not worth their time to balance for PvP either, and quite frankly, 1 out of every 100 PvPers is looking for actual balance, the rest are upset that they can't beat "fotm for July". That is, after all, where the rock paper scissors meme comes from. It's a never ending run of "nerf this/buff that" that, in context with this game, wreaks havoc on PvE every time they give in to the tears and nerf something.

They would rather nerf PvE than ban exploiters in PvP. Why is that, do you suppose? Not enough players left after a ban wave to justify expenses on it? Did they at least give them a "stern talking to" before they started in on Phase Walk, the last one I knew about. My money is on no, because they didn't want to hurt their feelings. You see, while you're not caring about that lvl 50 merc, I'm not caring about a toon that can get in a match at level 10 with lvl 69s and "perform" just as well as they do. You see, bolster is relatively new to PvE, sure it's been around a while now, but it's always been in PvP, and even hinting at removing it will cause the forums to explode. Hinting at making rewards be actual rewards, for winners, would have the same effect. It's ironic, given what we know about PvP in swtor, that it's still a driving force behind "balance".

BIOWARE PLEASE OUR FEEDBACK CUZ IT'S ALREADY TOO LATE.

Madness sorc/ Balance sage still underperforms !!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9333043 - this is how balance happens.

http://parsely.io/parser/stats - here are some stats from parsley

FIX DEATHMARK AND GIVE US A SLIGHT DPS BUFF!!

So does Lightning Sorc... it is the worst performing spec in the game and still no communication on what is happening with it