Group Loot Bug -- Please Fix

Djake

The group loot bug, in game since approximately patch 4.1.

When in group, only the first person to loot is able to pick up all of the loot, each subsequent member has to stop and individually loot each defeated enemy.

This slows down group progress and spreads out the group as members are stopping to group while others jump on ahead. It is also extremely annoying and gives some players another reason to not want to group.

This bug is easy to reproduce. Just form a group and go out to kill multiple mobs, first person loots, then watch as the others have to loot individually.

I think it was an unintended side effect of individual loot.

Exactly this. I don't know if it's meant to be "intentional" as much as it is a "side effect" of Level Sync, where a level 10 and level 70 player can both get 'relevant' loot drops.

I would love to see this fixed, or improved, or undone or whatever. I no longer do heroics or dailies in a group unless someone asks, or they're needed to be blitzed for conquest. And when I do have to group, I'll only pick up purple and blue stuff and even then usually watch as my group charges off to the next spawn, where the cycle begins again.

Extremely annoying. Counterproductive to group content in an MMO. Please change it.

• 3 weeks later...
I completely agree. This bug has been present for a long while now and it still has not been fixed. Loot and Group Content is a core part of the game and this needs to be addressed immediately. This bug should have been one of the top priority to fix.

I absolutely hate this bug, it drives me mad.

my missus is a quicker clicker than me and just runs off laughing at me as I faff about clicking corpse after corpse.

in the meantime shes clearing the next group! and the cycle begins again.

For my sanity please fix this!