Gear inquiry

shortnstocky

Ok, so players running around with a full set of 248 rated gear completely baffles me.

I have been lucky to collect four items of 248 (earpiece, implants, and bracers). However, every time I earn a tier 4 case its useless; I'm either offered an infinity amount of the implants I already have, an endless supply of weapons rated 244, or really useless armor.

I have literally been FPing and PVPing a billion times. If I earn a cred for every time I've FPed/PVPed I could afford a dozen Gamorrean guard companions by now.

If it was the old system with commendations, my main and all 6 alts would have top gear by now.

Seriously, how are you all pulling this off? : /

Ok, so players running around with a full set of 248 rated gear completely baffles me.

I have been lucky to collect four items of 248 (earpiece, implants, and bracers). However, every time I earn a tier 4 case its useless; I'm either offered an infinity amount of the implants I already have, an endless supply of weapons rated 244, or really useless armor.

I have literally been FPing and PVPing a billion times. If I earn a cred for every time I've FPed/PVPed I could afford a dozen Gamorrean guard companions by now.

If it was the old system with commendations, my main and all 6 alts would have top gear by now.

Seriously, how are you all pulling this off? : /

If you're PvPing and you aren't spending your Unassembled Components at the vendors on the Fleet to buy tokens for the vendors who sell actual gear, you're doing it wrong. It isn't fast, but it doesn't require you to do NiM ("Master mode") Operations either. These folks are PvPing a lot, or they are NiM raiders.

There are exactly three sources of GEMINI MK-5 Legendary (248) gear:

* The token vendors for tokens dropped in NiM Ops and similar.

* The same token vendors for tokens bought with UCs and Iokath MK-5 Legendary (242) gear.

* A huge dose of luck with the Tier 4 crates.

Nobody's *that* sort of lucky, so go with the UC=>token vendors.

GEMINI MK-4 (246 purple) is crafted, and GEMINI MK-3 (246 purple) drops occasionally from T4 crates.

They probably nerfed the tier 4 crate rng a good bit since they introduced those as I was getting way more 248s on average in the opening week than I am now. The people in full tier 4 either saved up cxp packs and UCs in the prior patch or just do HM ops for 242 gear tokens and upgrade them quickly to 248 pieces through UCs from PvP and/or starfighter.

I have one character in full 248, and that was after an unhealthy dose of PvP. So much so, in fact, that the next character to hit command rank 300 quit pvp altogether. I just need a break.

Of course, that second character is yet to gain a single Main Hand weapon via crates. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada, in over 310 crates. Since we can now craft ilv 246 gear, I've modded my Main Hand and called it a day.

I have a nearly full set and it was assembled by doing 3 things:

1) Tier 3 crates for 242s (also some Veteran Mode OPs).

2) Warzones and GSF for unassembleds (daily WZ reward 12 UCs and the weekly 40 UCs even 4 WZ losses adds another 12 UCs per day - so you could generate 160 or so UCs per week which is enough (on average) to upgrade one piece of 242 to a 248 every other week playing 5 days a week for about 2 hours each day. These are also an excellent source of CXP.

3) Superior command boost (to increase the rate of crate gain in Tier 4).

For me the drop rate of 248s has been about 1 out of every 8-10 crates although I am getting lots of duplicates since there are few spots needing 248s now. I am using the tons of 244/246s and the extra 248s that I get to gear alts. You don't get the set bonus but you get all of the stats.