Server Merge Discussion Thread

EricMusco

Finally, mergers announced

“Takes finger off the nuke (cancel) subscription button”

I had already pushed that button but hints were strongly pointing to merges early next year at the latest so I came back.

It's silly but this is the most excited I've been about the game since they released the KotFE trailer at E3 a couple years ago. The main difference is KotFE was basically a letdown and I know exactly what's coming with this.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the specific Guild issues you’ve raised, we would need to ensure the entire Guild, their Flagship/decorations, Bank/Tabs/items, and Stronghold/decorations remain 100% intact. The goal would be for the Guild members to notice absolutely nothing different and this means any returning players would still be in your guild unless you specifically removed them. Bottom line for your Guild would be making sure we protect all your hard work.

The losing of character names is one of the key points we are still discussing. We know there’s a variety of issues to resolve including, but not limited to, name collisions, establishing a priority system, purging of old names beforehand, and players attempting to reserve names. We all have character names we want to preserve, so this is a key factor in the overall decision.

-Keith--

Keith, regarding Legacy names.. what if we have level 50 Legacies on multiple servers? How will the merge select which legacy name to keep if there are multiple maxed legacies?

What will this mean for people who had multiple characters on multiple servers?

Do we have to delete multiple characters just to re-experience the class stories again?

That is answered in the FAQ.

Currently, a Premium (Subscriber) account is allowed a maximum of 52 characters per server. Following the United Forces update, accounts with more than 52 characters on a server will be accommodated. You will still be able to access and play each of those characters. However, if you wish to make any new characters after that point, you will need to delete characters until you are back at or below the cap of 52.

I'm not sure if this was already addressed or not but what will this mean for character transfers? Will the prices be jacked up from 90cc?

Character transfers will be suspended on 10/24 and the service restored after the merges. No mention of price increase.

LOL what?

It's not that hard of a question, is it?

If I have my maximum amount of characters on Progenitor and some characters at max level on Red Eclipse, which I do to play with friends, then after the update hit, I will have over 52 characters. While it seems I can play all of them, I can't experience the class story anymore because I can't make a new character. And, no, I will not be joining any other language server (German/French) or play with a high ping on the American servers just to experience the class stories again. On Progenitor alone, I have 40 characters I use for various tasks like crafting, cargo bays, storing items and playing PvE/PvP/starfighter. You can add the Red Eclipse characters to that. I'll easily hit 50 characters that I can't or won't delete.

With this and an insurance that names will carry over missing, most people I know will switch over to WoW if a single name they had for some time is taken away. People have been saying that this should be insured during server merges for ages.

Peace out.

Edited by Alssaran

It's not that hard of a question, is it?

If I have my maximum amount of characters on Progenitor and some characters at max level on Red Eclipse, which I do to play with friends, then after the update hit, I will have over 52 characters. While it seems I can play all of them, I can't experience the class story anymore because I can't make a new character. And, no, I will not be joining any other language server (German/French) or play with a high ping on the American servers just to experience the class stories again. Espescially since most of my friends will be on the English-EU megaserver, formerly Red Eclipse and Progenitor.

With this and an insurance that names will carry over missing, most people I know will switch over to WoW if a single name they had for some time is taken away. People have been saying that this should be insured during server merges for ages.

Peace out.

Start a new account?

And, in case you haven't noticed, many people have been leaving the game lately because they can't play the names they started the game with because their server's dead. Now they will have a chance to.

Edited by Savej

Start a new account?

Oh, sure. I will be managing two accounts for something Bioware could have adressed by increasing the maximum character limit with their new server structure. And if there can be more than 52 characters on a server that are playable, there has to be a framework for it.

Oh, sure. I will be managing two accounts for something Bioware could have adressed by increasing the maximum character limit with their new server structure. And if there can be more than 52 characters on a server that are playable, there has to be a framework for it.

Answered in the FAQ and my last reply to you. :rak_03:

If you're determined to be pissed I'm not going to get in your way. You should /unsub.

If you're determined to be pissed I'm not going to get in your way. You should /unsub.

People have a reason to be pissed when there is ample chance that names are taken away, despite BIoware being told repeatedly they should find a framework to not have this happen. When RP servers are merged with non-RP servers to the detriment of RPers because there is no RP instance and anyone can simply annoy them and then say: "It's not an RP server, so why should anyone care?"

And people also have a right to be upset when after November, they can't experience the class stories within their own region/ping zone without deleting characters they might still want to play. You could at least keep to the same account and ping zone if one server was used, previously. After November, you'll either have to juggle two accounts, delete characters, or change into an unfavourable language or ping zone.

But don't worry: Most of the people I spoke to already did /unsub. I followed soon after. I don't expect you to understand, and frankly, I have no reason to care whether you do or not. Some of the issues not adressed are precisely the issues people pointed out for years, and the feedback was completely ignored beyond keeping strongholds in place.

Have a nice day and thanks for all the fish.

Edited by Alssaran

*shrug* BW's made it clear that going forward, they care about raiders and groups, and to heck with everyone else. I'm sure they couldn't care less if a longtime player loses a name they care about, there's widespread ninja-ing and kill stealing, or there's more harassment, as long as those PUG raiders don't have to wait as long in the queue. Otherwise, they wouldn't have done this.

I'm just trying to get any characters I care about through their class stories before the merger, because after that I'm guessing it will be impossible.

Legacy hold question ---

Do I need to lift all the contents out of my legacy hold and transport mules with the contents of those legacy holds to one server so I don't lose stuff from the legacy holds afterward? 6 tabs per legacy hold per server, all full, do I get 18 legacy tabs afterwards?

I doubt it, so looks like I'll be hauling stuff back and forth across servers for a while.

One good thing -- we have the time to do it (if not necessarily the cartel coins)

Legacy hold question ---

Do I need to lift all the contents out of my legacy hold and transport mules with the contents of those legacy holds to one server so I don't lose stuff from the legacy holds afterward? 6 tabs per legacy hold per server, all full, do I get 18 legacy tabs afterwards?

I doubt it, so looks like I'll be hauling stuff back and forth across servers for a while.

One good thing -- we have the time to do it (if not necessarily the cartel coins)

The answer to that is in your other thread. An Overflow hold......