So When and How are we getting the Roadmap?

I have a means to work towards a specific piece I need. That is all I needed. There is some degree of RNG and "grinding" in every MMO, when it comes to gearing. It is an MMO thing. But once you get 70-80% of your gear, there needs to be a way to find and work towards that last 20%. That is what I mean by "traditional gearing". You play content, get most of the gear, then narrow down to run content that provides the complete set.

there needs to be a way to find and work towards that last 20%. That is what I mean by "traditional gearing". You play content, get most of the gear, then narrow down to run content that provides the complete set.

Don't we have that with the unassembled components and the vendors we trade them to for gear?

I have a means to work towards a specific piece I need. That is all I needed. There is some degree of RNG and "grinding" in every MMO, when it comes to gearing. It is an MMO thing. But once you get 70-80% of your gear, there needs to be a way to find and work towards that last 20%. That is what I mean by "traditional gearing". You play content, get most of the gear, then narrow down to run content that provides the complete set.

Context aside I still cancelled my subscription even considering the 5.2 changes. Specifically because I have no desire to start at ground zero in a substantial grind for a game I started playing in beta...

Add in the trudge through mostly old dated content to acquire said gear and you have a turd dressed in a not quite Jedi robe...

Edited by Soljin

At this stage I think its high time we had a roadmap for the roadmap. :p

The last we heard was that at least one draft is "done", being reviewed and we would have it by 11:59 pm tomorrow. So he's not late yet and there's no real question about what's happening unless anything's changed.

The last we heard was that at least one draft is "done", being reviewed and we would have it by 11:59 pm tomorrow. So he's not late yet and there's no real question about what's happening unless anything's changed.

Just eager to see what is planned like everyone else. I know the old saying "If a man says he is going to do something then he will...there's no need to go on about it every six months"

I think this game has a lot of goodwill towards it from its fanbase, I just hope the guys in Bioware realise that and capitalise on it by giving us something to be proud of and excited about.

I can wait another day.

Yeah, but *whose* 11:59pm? If it's Keith's, then it will be 6:59am on 1 June where I live...

Yeah, but *whose* 11:59pm? If it's Keith's, then it will be 6:59am on 1 June where I live...

Then I would just expect it to be up 8:59am 1 June your time (11:59pm PDT 31 May - two hours behind Keith's local time) and not be surprised if it's up a few hours before then.

Edited by DarthDymond

Hey folks,

Good question! Keith's roadmap will come in the form of a blog/news article, so you will see it on the front page of SWTOR.com. Along with being shared on social media, etc. We will also certainly make a forum post to coincide with it for discussion of the roadmap.

If you want to keep up on updates about the roadmap, keep your eyes on this thread. Keith has been posting updates, especially timing updates in that thread.

Thanks!

-eric

Thanks so much!!