Truth about PvP! Top 5 topics that you can stop posting about!

TheFishes

And still if we shut up about said items BioWare will think we're fine with them and move along.

Nope. I'm QQing.

Except for the fact that they ARE working as intended and don't need fixed...

As far as the 50's tier, I know, it's not in game yet, but it's coming...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it has come to my intention that there are about 200 different threads about the following topics, so simply put, here's what's going on with them so that you can STOP POSTING ABOUT IT!!!

1. Empire/Republic wins every Warzone I'm in! It's so unfair!!!

This is a server issue, not something to bring up on the overall PvP forums... Right now, the harder core PvPers on your server are on the other faction and are queueing more regularly that the faction you chose to roll... I'm sure as the game progresses and servers balance out you'll notice that you're winning more and more as people on your side level up and become more competent. Quick fix for now? Get some buddies, queue as a group, and work as a team.

2. I'm so sick of Huttball! If I get Huttball one more time, I'm going to unsub and light myself on fire!

Also, a server imbalance issue. Did you notice that everytime you're in a Huttball game, you're facing your own faction? Huttball allows for this so that queue times are as low as possible for people wanting to PvP. Once again, as servers balance out and more people of the opposing faction queue up, you'll see less and less Huttball. If you can't comprehend this, I suggest you follow through with the lighting yourself on fire threat. Or, a better quick fix, spend your first hour in game on a lower level planet griefing the levelers so they want to quest less and queue more... Not a very kind suggestion, but I promise it'll get the job done.

3. Sorcs are imbalanced! I demand they be nerfed, scolded, taken out, or have a serious talking to!

Yup, this one's hilarious! Notice how you don't see "Sorcs AND Sages are OP," just hatred towards sorcs and that damn lightning. Sorcs are not imbalanced, sorry, and neither are sages, but the reason you think they are is because you have a lot of ranged assist trains happening in Warzones from 1/2 premade teams and all you see is lightning. LIGHTNING IS THE ANIMATION FOR EVERY SORC DPS ABILITY! (or damn close to it) So when you die horribly in the face, you immediately believe that the lightning is what killed you. Fun fact, when you're getting assist trained, and you drop from 30% to dead, Sorc's aren't the ones with the "execute" type abilities, and most of your damage is coming from elsewhere. Stop blaming sorcerers for having the most recognizable ability animation in the game.

4. I don't have any CC abilities and <Class X> Has 40!

Every class has a good amount of different CC abilities (5-8) ranging from Stuns, to Slows, to Blinds, to Knockbacks, to Pulls, to Peels. The fact of the matter is that most people complaining about this are in their 20's - early 30's and are playing a class that blooms later than others (read: Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight). Not every class is balanced the whole time as they level, but believe me, once you're at 50, the class balance is suprisingly good! In fact, it's one of the major hat tips in need to give to Bioware beyond the feel of the game when questing and leveling...

5. 50's are ruining pvp! I can't touch them and they eat my face!!!

A couple problems with this one... First, PvP is never developed around people leveling... it's developed around 50's, sorry but that's the truth. Secondly, the bolster system is working exactly as intended, you're not going to be the top of the food chain, but you aren't going to get rolled as easy as your level dictates. Next, the reason you die so quickly to 50's is because they have expertise gear. Expertise as a stat dictates your effectiveness both damaging and surviving other players... If I have 200 expertise and you have 200 expertise, we effect each other as normal. If I have 400 expertise and you have none, not only am I doing more than 10% more damage to you, you're doing 10% less to me. It's a system that will balance itself out once there are more people in pvp gear, and its intention is to differentiate PvP gear from PvE gear. Lastly, while I do support a split in tiers (50's tier, non 50's tier) it's to protect the endgame players from the rest of the population. Let's face it, you'll be whining about the same things from the other side of the fence once you're in a Warzone where you're all level 50 but 2 members of your team are level 16 in greens. This system is in place right now as an "out of town preview" or "soft-opening" for pvp. Let everybody see the ideas that are in place, then filter them into their appropriate sections of that idea after the first major patch.

So there it is! the top 5 things I see as hate threads on here explained away! I'm not naive enough to believe that you'll all stop posting about them once you read this, but a boy can dream, can't he? I had about 10 things I wanted to address, systemic problems, UI mechanics glitches and the like, but in the interest of not building the "Great Wall of Text" I went with the ones above...

Any Questions?

Emperor Punjab

Dastardly

Terentatek (PvP)

Well said.

I play a lvl 16 agent sniper class valor rank 21 :eek:

I would like to say PVP in this game works and very well even at 16 I can take on stuff higher than me.

But and only a small one I would like it if they tier it a little as yes I get a buff in health but fighting stuff a lot higher than me all the time gets very hard because lack of skills.

my idea would be 10-25 25-50.

But you also have one of the highest dps outputs in the game if you get your rotation right...

and oh is that damage HIGH! (Reported 5-6k hits from guildies...)

Great opening post Fishes, really summed things up.

I'm not sure if you are serious about 5-6k hits from sent/maraders. I'm a little skeptical - though I am combat spec'ed which isn't known for big hits. I'm level 49 and while I hold my own, I'm not seeing angels or hearing harps yet.

I see shadows/assassins or snipers with the biggest hits typically - guessing some channeled abilities.

Edited by tk-fourtwentyone

I play a lvl 16 agent sniper class valor rank 21 :eek:

I would like to say PVP in this game works and very well even at 16 I can take on stuff higher than me.

But and only a small one I would like it if they tier it a little as yes I get a buff in health but fighting stuff a lot higher than me all the time gets very hard because lack of skills.

my idea would be 10-25 25-50.

While I agree with you that PvP needs tiered, the endgame is what everyone needs to keep in mind...

10-49 and 50 is fine by me... Just make the Buff of bolster raise everyone to 49... It keeps with the epic feel of the gameplay, and let's the 50th level characters have their cake and eat it too...

All of this is based around the assumption that it happens within a month of launch, and at the same time, rated group WZ's can happen so that the hardcore players can get their fix... (me included)...

Ok, it has come to my intention that there are about 200 different threads about the following topics, so simply put, here's what's going on with them so that you can STOP POSTING ABOUT IT!!!

This is a server issue, not something to bring up on the overall PvP forums... Right now, the harder core PvPers on your server are on the other faction and are queueing more regularly that the faction you chose to roll... I'm sure as the game progresses and servers balance out you'll notice that you're winning more and more as people on your side level up and become more competent. Quick fix for now? Get some buddies, queue as a group, and work as a team.

2. I'm so sick of Huttball! If I get Huttball one more time, I'm going to unsub and light myself on fire!

Also, a server imbalance issue. Did you notice that everytime you're in a Huttball game, you're facing your own faction? Huttball allows for this so that queue times are as low as possible for people wanting to PvP. Once again, as servers balance out and more people of the opposing faction queue up, you'll see less and less Huttball. If you can't comprehend this, I suggest you follow through with the lighting yourself on fire threat. Or, a better quick fix, spend your first hour in game on a lower level planet griefing the levelers so they want to quest less and queue more... Not a very kind suggestion, but I promise it'll get the job done.

3. Sorcs are imbalanced! I demand they be nerfed, scolded, taken out, or have a serious talking to!

Yup, this one's hilarious! Notice how you don't see "Sorcs AND Sages are OP," just hatred towards sorcs and that damn lightning. Sorcs are not imbalanced, sorry, and neither are sages, but the reason you think they are is because you have a lot of ranged assist trains happening in Warzones from 1/2 premade teams and all you see is lightning. LIGHTNING IS THE ANIMATION FOR EVERY SORC DPS ABILITY! (or damn close to it) So when you die horribly in the face, you immediately believe that the lightning is what killed you. Fun fact, when you're getting assist trained, and you drop from 30% to dead, Sorc's aren't the ones with the "execute" type abilities, and most of your damage is coming from elsewhere. Stop blaming sorcerers for having the most recognizable ability animation in the game.

Every class has a good amount of different CC abilities (5-8) ranging from Stuns, to Slows, to Blinds, to Knockbacks, to Pulls, to Peels. The fact of the matter is that most people complaining about this are in their 20's - early 30's and are playing a class that blooms later than others (read: Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight). Not every class is balanced the whole time as they level, but believe me, once you're at 50, the class balance is suprisingly good! In fact, it's one of the major hat tips in need to give to Bioware beyond the feel of the game when questing and leveling...

A couple problems with this one... First, PvP is never developed around people leveling... it's developed around 50's, sorry but that's the truth. Secondly, the bolster system is working exactly as intended, you're not going to be the top of the food chain, but you aren't going to get rolled as easy as your level dictates. Next, the reason you die so quickly to 50's is because they have expertise gear. Expertise as a stat dictates your effectiveness both damaging and surviving other players... If I have 200 expertise and you have 200 expertise, we effect each other as normal. If I have 400 expertise and you have none, not only am I doing more than 10% more damage to you, you're doing 10% less to me. It's a system that will balance itself out once there are more people in pvp gear, and its intention is to differentiate PvP gear from PvE gear. Lastly, while I do support a split in tiers (50's tier, non 50's tier) it's to protect the endgame players from the rest of the population. Let's face it, you'll be whining about the same things from the other side of the fence once you're in a Warzone where you're all level 50 but 2 members of your team are level 16 in greens. This system is in place right now as an "out of town preview" or "soft-opening" for pvp. Let everybody see the ideas that are in place, then filter them into their appropriate sections of that idea after the first major patch.

So there it is! the top 5 things I see as hate threads on here explained away! I'm not naive enough to believe that you'll all stop posting about them once you read this, but a boy can dream, can't he? I had about 10 things I wanted to address, systemic problems, UI mechanics glitches and the like, but in the interest of not building the "Great Wall of Text" I went with the ones above...

Any Questions?

Emperor Punjab

Dastardly

Terentatek (PvP)

Thank you, 100% AGREE with all these points...

Expertise was a horrid idea for introduction during the leveling process. It should've been introduced in the next major patch, when the bulk of the player base was already 50.

If you enjoy killing people during a single CC, congratulations, you're on par with the average 12 year old.

Expertise was a horrid idea for introduction during the leveling process. It should've been introduced in the next major patch, when the bulk of the player base was already 50.

If you enjoy killing people during a single CC, congratulations, you're on par with the average 12 year old.

I firmly believe that one cannot work with the other...

Bioware, Choose to keep No brackets for the next month, or No experrtise for the next month...

Bracketing 50's by themselves will allow Expertise to work exactly as intended...

I firmly believe that one cannot work with the other...

Bioware, Choose to keep No brackets for the next month, or No experrtise for the next month...

Bracketing 50's by themselves will allow Expertise to work exactly as intended...

are they putting in level brackets in 1 month? if so that would probably solve alot of the problems

are they putting in level brackets in 1 month? if so that would probably solve alot of the problems

Absolutely, and one can only dream...

Historically speaking, most MAJOR implementation patches happen after about one full month of subs... While I can't fault Bioware for its thinking, I must say that after a month, most people will have their primary characters at level cap, and you no longer need to worry about queues if you tier the pvp warzones...

Well, I must know how to pick servers, because on both servers the PvP is being dominated by the opposing faction. I haven't won in a week on either server. I really think some cross-server PvP would benefit here, if brackets aren't being looked at.

Any Questions?

Emperor Punjab

Dastardly

Terentatek (PvP)

just so you know "VERY OCCASIONALLY" you will face the opposite faction in huttball.

Well, I must know how to pick servers, because on both servers the PvP is being dominated by the opposing faction. I haven't won in a week on either server. I really think some cross-server PvP would benefit here, if brackets aren't being looked at.

While opening up cross server PvP can help queue times, it's unnecessary in this instance. Huttball already serves that purpose... All cross server PvP would do at this point is kill the sense of community that comes from murdering people you recognize on a regular basis...

The best way to foster this rivalry is to implement server specific forum pages...

Please? Pretty please???