Quests resetting, what's going on?

CloudCastle

I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this. Recent change or a bug?

My main just landed on Alderaan and to my surprise, a big purple triangle labeled "Alderaan Story Quest" was there in the spaceport. I thought maybe it was the bonus series or something so I picked it up. But...it's not. It's the first quest in the Alderaan main story arc. Here's the odd part. I did this quest chain years ago, and it's not repeatable. I also have completed KOTFE and KOTET (does that lock out planetary quests too?)

I know there are people who mistakenly have abandoned planetary quest arcs and that they have never been reaquireable.

Also odd - my ship terminal is now showing that I have yet to do KOTFE chap 1 and is offering me the quest again! Big 'ole purple triangle glowing on my ship. Everything else that used to show up on the terminal (Makeb, Oricon, SOR, etc) disappeared after I competed it, so why did this quest chain reappear?

I haven't checked to see if other planets have had their quest arc reset as well. Is anyone else seeing this? Has BW been resetting quests?

Edited by CloudCastle

I guess I may be the only person this is happening to? The KOTFE showing up at the terminal seems like a bug, but I wasn't sure about the Alderaan planetary quest arc. They did reset all the bonus series after 4.0, so I figured this could have been a 5.0 thing. Good perhaps for people who had gotten locked out by mistake. I thought starting KOTFE kept you from doing the planetary arcs though, but I'm guessing now that it's just class and companion stories.

All quests that were active and were not completed before Command Experience Points were added to the game are rolled back to the first step in chain. This was the only way for them to update all quest rewards, that now contain Command Experience Points instead of Experience Points for level 70 characters. Under level 70 characters are also affected. Some planetary Bonus Series team did not want to fix since 2012, and extra bugs occurred when level sync was added to the game. There is no longer a support for quests that are not part of last two expansions, anything pre KOTFE and KOTET that was not fixed is not going to be fixed. Best work around is to play a new character and be careful in which order you start and complete quests, strictly researching their chain and avoid hitting dead end.

All quests that were active and were not completed before Command Experience Points were added to the game are rolled back to the first step in chain. This was the only way for them to update all quest rewards, that now contain Command Experience Points instead of Experience Points for level 70 characters. Under level 70 characters are also affected. Some planetary Bonus Series team did not want to fix since 2012, and extra bugs occurred when level sync was added to the game. There is no longer a support for quests that are not part of last two expansions, anything pre KOTFE and KOTET that was not fixed is not going to be fixed. Best work around is to play a new character and be careful in which order you start and complete quests, strictly researching their chain and avoid hitting dead end.

So, it sounds like you are saying that I must have never finished the Alderaan quest arc, so it got reset? There was nothing in my log though, so it was not an "active" quest by any means. I could have sworn I finished Alderaan though, since this char is my main and the first I took through everything. I made it a point to not skip over any quests. It was so long ago though, I suppose it's possible. Still doesn't explain KOTFE showing up as new on my terminal though. I finished that and KOTET, never skipping a chapter or anything like that. I did replay a few chapters though, so maybe that confused things.

So, it sounds like you are saying that I must have never finished the Alderaan quest arc, so it got reset? There was nothing in my log though, so it was not an "active" quest by any means. I could have sworn I finished Alderaan though, since this char is my main and the first I took through everything. I made it a point to not skip over any quests. It was so long ago though, I suppose it's possible. Still doesn't explain KOTFE showing up as new on my terminal though. I finished that and KOTET, never skipping a chapter or anything like that. I did replay a few chapters though, so maybe that confused things.

I know that this question will have little validity but let's go anyway:

"Who's your main and how did it do Alderaan story?" Feel free to put it in spoilers.

I don't know then, that sounds really weird. Did you try sending ticket to support?

Well, it was more a curiosity than anything, and I was not sure if it was a bug. I went ahead and dropped the quest, since I had already done it and didn't need to do it again. I'm not going to touch KOTFE on the terminal, I'll just leave it there.

I know that this question will have little validity but let's go anyway:

"Who's your main and how did it do Alderaan story?" Feel free to put it in spoilers.

Err...I don't get your question. :confused: The same way every quest is done?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.