Question About Changing Servers and Keeping Stuff From Cartel Market

Hello everyone,

First, I apologize if this is the wrong section to post this question.

I want to change servers because apparently The Red Eclipse is much more populated than Progenitor. I've done my research and I already know how to transfer my characters into a new server. Also, I really didn't mind creating a new character instead of transferring my already existed characters into that server, but when I tried to create a new character, it didn't let me choose the races which I have already unlocked on my previous server such as the Pureblood, Miraluka etc...

So, my question is, when I transfer my characters onto the new server, will I get to keep my Cartel Market races, speeders, emotes etc? I didn't want to risk it so I figured I could ask here.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by vigilanteofomega

I'm not sure about CM races like Togruta, but aren't those account unlockes? And I'm not sure how purchased in CM races unlock in legacy, but if it's unlocked in your legacy by levelling them to 50, it goes with your character (the legacy unlocks are transferred over).

Everything that you unlocked for the account (speeders, emotes, etc.) is unlocked for all your characters, regardless of servers. If they're just on your character, they go with your character. So does all in your inventory. Mail doesn't go, and legacy cargo doesn't go.

Items still in the pack explorer (unclaimed for characters) won't transfer. They stay on the server where you opened your packs.

You can transfer one character, and then start creating your new characters with unlocked races (because your legacy with its unlock is now on the new server).

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you are right. The unlocks I mentioned is for the whole account.

That actually is a good idea to transfer one character but I have a question about that too. When I transfer one of my characters, what happens to the legacy? Would it work? I mean I just have one legacy and after transferring, will both servers have that legacy? Does one legacy in two different servers work?

Edited by vigilanteofomega

It copies the legacy to the new server. They are two separate legacies, and can evolve differently after the copy.

You'll need to reactivate your stronghold(s) - this costs the base for-credits purchase price if you originally paid credits to buy them, or it's free if you paid Cartel Coins. Room unlocks transfer and don't need to be re-bought. Decorations need to be redecorated.

If you already have a legacy on the new server, the "source" legacy will be merged into the "destination" legacy.

On the source server:

* The legacy is not changed, except that it has one fewer characters.

On the destination server:

* The level and XP total are the higher of the two legacies.

* The name is not changed.

* All unlocks on either are present on the destination.

* All strongholds that are unlocked by the above will need to be activated, see above.

* All "counting" unlocks (e.g. decorations) take the higher of the two counts.

* All "counting" achievements (kills with companion, etc.) take the higher of the two counts.

* All "yes/no" achievements will be set to "yes" if either was "yes", else "no".

Don't forget that the contents of the transferring character's mailbox and outfit designer slots, as well as his active GTN listings, will be lost. Items in legacy storage are not transferred.

Species unlocks come in two varieties: bought-in-CM and levelled-to-50. Bought-in-CM species unlocks (including unlocking directly from the Legacy panel), I believe, are account-wide, while levelled-to-50 ones are per-legacy. To be confirmed...

Cathar and Togruta, however, are only available by bought-in-CM unlocks, and are therefore account-wide.

Items unlocked in Collections are either per-character (transfers with the character) or account-wide.

It copies the legacy to the new server. They are two separate legacies, and can evolve differently after the copy.

You'll need to reactivate your stronghold(s) - this costs the base for-credits purchase price if you originally paid credits to buy them, or it's free if you paid Cartel Coins. Room unlocks transfer and don't need to be re-bought. Decorations need to be redecorated.

If you already have a legacy on the new server, the "source" legacy will be merged into the "destination" legacy.

On the source server:

* The legacy is not changed, except that it has one fewer characters.

On the destination server:

* The level and XP total are the higher of the two legacies.

* The name is not changed.

* All unlocks on either are present on the destination.

* All strongholds that are unlocked by the above will need to be activated, see above.

* All "counting" unlocks (e.g. decorations) take the higher of the two counts.

* All "counting" achievements (kills with companion, etc.) take the higher of the two counts.

* All "yes/no" achievements will be set to "yes" if either was "yes", else "no".

Don't forget that the contents of the transferring character's mailbox and outfit designer slots, as well as his active GTN listings, will be lost. Items in legacy storage are not transferred.

Species unlocks come in two varieties: bought-in-CM and levelled-to-50. Bought-in-CM species unlocks (including unlocking directly from the Legacy panel), I believe, are account-wide, while levelled-to-50 ones are per-legacy. To be confirmed...

Cathar and Togruta, however, are only available by bought-in-CM unlocks, and are therefore account-wide.

Items unlocked in Collections are either per-character (transfers with the character) or account-wide.

I appreciate your comprehensive reply. Thank you for taking the time making things clear for me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.