Game Update 5.2 Release Date and More

EricMusco

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even playing a few hours a day (#havealife) speed running The Esseles to slowly advance towards tier 2 was tiring. As it happens I play in the early hours when I never find enough players for group content so gearing up even a single toon prooved to be tiring. It does not help that he is a vanguard and a tank. I dare not think what happens when, at command rank 250 ( the rank I foresee to be at 5.2 launch ) things will revert to the former cxp gain in the hundreds while a single rank requires thousands of cxp. This probably will mean the end of the game for me because I will lose all interest to play.

Even playing a few hours a day (#havealife) speed running The Esseles to slowly advance towards tier 2 was tiring. As it happens I play in the early hours when I never find enough players for group content so gearing up even a single toon prooved to be tiring. It does not help that he is a vanguard and a tank. I dare not think what happens when, at command rank 250 ( the rank I foresee to be at 5.2 launch ) things will revert to the former cxp gain in the hundreds while a single rank requires thousands of cxp. This probably will mean the end of the game for me because I will lose all interest to play.

1) I believe BW said the CXP bonus we currently have will go away, but the CXP amount will be adjusted upwards. It sounds like we'll at least not go back to the days of yore of grinding a day for a level.

2) There are several planetary CXP missions that each take you 10 minutes to complete.

3) Your spec when receiving a CXP crate does not matter with regard to the gear that pops out of it, only what spec you are in when you open the crate. (I know, there have been reports that this isn't true, but it hasn't failed me yet, and I haven't heard any complaints from my guild.) If you want tank gear you can still play as a DPS.

I'm in a very similar boat as you, I also will be around 250. There seems to be no hope for most players to ever get top gear because if you get close they'll just add another tier. The pop rate is disgustingly low in crates, already there are effectively no t3 pops at all (I haven't seen any), imagine how hard it will be to get t4. So casual players can forget about PvP.

I wouldn't mind popping fewer chests, maybe one per hour, but only if the pop rate of set gear increased to about 1 every 2 crates. Seriously a set piece every couple hours if there is no dup protection is about they way it should be. If there is dup protection then a set piece every 4-6 hours is appropriate. Currently it seems to be t1 pops a set piece about every 30 days, and t2 maybe once every 45 days. T3 has never popped so I cannot judge how long that takes.

Will siding with the opposite faction have consequences for PvE group content? (I'm assuming it will for solo)

ie: will siding with the opposite faction stop me from grouping with guildies on Iokath and elsewhere? Do every member of the group tackling the new operation need to side with the same faction?

I want my main to side with the opposite faction but I don't want my guild to be down one healer for the new (or any) op... :confused: