Game Update 5.2 Release Date and More

EricMusco

Happy to finally have news on release date, but I am worried, didn't see about class balance.

The silence on this subject is annoying, please tell us it is being worked on (I know balance is a constant thing, but if there are no balance changes in 5.2, this will be unheard of in this game, to wait so many months after an expansion to tweek things).

Perhaps any time they had planned to spend on that they were forced to use tweaking GC

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not going to be able to CHANGE your faction. You will choose a faction to SUPPORT on Iokath. Because of guilds and the other hard coded aspects of the game (fleets, home worlds, faction-only worlds like Taris, etc) I'm 99.9% certain that they did not mean that you can CHANGE your faction. It will be a storyline choice, nothing more.

Although if you decide to support say Pubs and others in your guild decide to support say Empire it would be interesting if you were pitted against each other in open world pvp, at least while on Iokath.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Happy to finally have news on release date, but I am worried, didn't see about class balance.

The silence on this subject is annoying, please tell us it is being worked on (I know balance is a constant thing, but if there are no balance changes in 5.2, this will be unheard of in this game, to wait so many months after an expansion to tweek things).

I already have a plan if this comes to pass. If it won't go civilized, the Sorcs and PTs must unite and mobilize.

wonder how the new story will be if you are having problems defeating vaylin in chapter 9 of kotet. But would love to see the new expansion, also some mentioned a zaccul stronghold perhaps if create the alliance after chapter 9 of kotet, and how about one on Iokath as well.

[*]Access to Iokath - Who, When, How

-eric

Please don't make it so that I have to complete any of the KotFE or KotET content to access Iokath. While I was one of the people that enjoyed the first eight chapters of KotFE, and did them on several characters, the later chapters, and the KotET chapters were more of a chore than something that would want to ever do again. Making me have to do any of this content over in order to access the new content on any of my alts will make me very, very, very, very..... unhappy.

Please don't make it so that I have to complete any of the KotFE or KotET content to access Iokath. While I was one of the people that enjoyed the first eight chapters of KotFE, and did them on several characters, the later chapters, and the KotET chapters were more of a chore than something that would want to ever do again. Making me have to do any of this content over in order to access the new content on any of my alts will make me very, very, very, very..... unhappy.

If you've done kotet then you'll know why you'd have to do it to access iokath story. Decisions matter. That's what ppl asked for.

If you've done kotet then you'll know why you'd have to do it to access iokath story. Decisions matter. That's what ppl asked for.

I did not ask for anything of the kind. I get it that others like the story provided by both KotFE and KotET, but gating content for my alts that I might want to do behind content that I don't want to do will only serve to make me wonder why I pay a monthly subscription fee to play this game.

Maybe next time they can make story content that I do enjoy and want to take my alts though. They failed to do that with both KotFE and KotET, and so I am asking that they don't require me to play through them on my alts in order to get to the new content. It is not necessary unless they say it is, and I am asking that they don't do that.

I did not ask for anything of the kind. I get it that others like the story provided by both KotFE and KotET, but gating content for my alts that I might want to do behind content that I don't want to do will only serve to make me wonder why I pay a monthly subscription fee to play this game.

Maybe next time they can make story content that I do enjoy and want to take my alts though. They failed to do that with both KotFE and KotET, and so I am asking that they don't require me to play through them on my alts in order to get to the new content. It is not necessary unless they say it is, and I am asking that they don't do that.

I'm pretty sure they've said the operation is separate from the story in that it doesn't complete the story so you'll probably be able to access iokath, the operation, and possibly dailies. I will reiterate the story will probably be locked because of specific decisions you make in regards to Scorpio.

I think this is the case.

If I am correct, which of the two returning companions we get will be based on the side we choose to support, but I do not think we will be able to "change factions".

It's still bogus if we have to choose a faction to support in a dispute over access to *our* turf.

It's still bogus if we have to choose a faction to support in a dispute over access to *our* turf.

I think it's a pretty clear indication that EAWare have decided they don't like the third story faction anymore and want to get rid of it. I predict some major disaster will strike the Alliance immediately upon the release of 5.2 that will require you to go back to working for the Republic or Empire again.

I agree Decisions should matter. Which means the choice of which faction you support should also matter. If my well known Hero of Tython Jedi sides with the Empire I should not be able to walk back on the Republic Fleet or pay a visit to Tython. I have killed Republic Soldiers in support of the Empire, I have killed whoever it is that will be the big boss leading the Republic (Elara?) to help secure a planet for the Sith. And I am a famous person, people know who the guy is that brought down the Eternal Empire, its not like you can ware a mask and you can walk around safely, it would make any security services redundant that they didn't think to check that hooded and masked figure before he walked into the Jedi Temple.

To ignore that decision and say the Republic will ignore that betrayal cause Theron has a word with his mom or dad and they say 'yeah no big deal' would be to invalidate the choice but more than this it would make the story completely illogical. No serious writer is going to craft a story at the end of which its decided that everything that happened didn't really count and just going to pretend it never happened cause that makes it pointless.

So I suspect that the changes to the galactic map are going to be inline with changes to your faction and the galaxy moved on 5 years. Currently its a little pointless as everyone uses auto travel to every area anyway and your personal ships are devoid of life making even going on your ship a little pointless. So I think it will be a redesign offering more freedom based on your faction choice.

I think it's a pretty clear indication that EAWare have decided they don't like the third story faction anymore and want to get rid of it. I predict some major disaster will strike the Alliance immediately upon the release of 5.2 that will require you to go back to working for the Republic or Empire again.

Which makes the whole "alliance" faction get together seem so pointless story wise then. Both factions came together and started working together now for a long time, so it would be less likely that they would actually split up again. If anything it would sort of become the new status quo governing body that only fanatical fringe groups would oppose.

The fact that the devs are going drop the pseudo third faction kind of leaves the impression that they don't know where they are going with the story.

Edited by Darkside

Ok CHOOSING A NEW FACTION HOLY FRICK FRACK that's pretty cool. As for the new galaxy map idk how i feel about that. Hyped for 5.2!!!!

The word new was never used.... You are choosing Republic or Empire. Slow your roll.

You're not the only one.

Seriously. Believe it or not, this is probably the most annoying thing in the game for me now that Companions (specifically Quinn in my case) are returning. I'm convinced that whoever designed this used to design those awful pop-up ads for websites. It's unbelievably distracting and does nothing but yank me out from my SWTOR universe immersion just to constantly remind me of a non-story event that I have absolutely no interest in.

I completely agree. The DvL pop-ups are just an inexcusable distraction in what's supposed to be a story-based game. We need an option to turn them off!

I really hope that if their faction choice influence which faction your toon is in, that they put something that either make imp and pubs able to group up together for PvP and get in the same guild. Otherwise, all the people in a group will have to do the exact same decision otherwise you could lose some players of your Raid or PvP group to the other faction.

I'm seeing a few things as well: Change in factions option, amd new galaxy map. Now humor me for a second: Maybe they are changing the falaxy map to allow imp characters who change factions to go to pub planets, and vice verca! Who knows guys. Sorry for the double post

I would much rather have cross faction, but whatever...

• New Galaxy Map

Unexpected but I am really interested in this.

• PvP on Iokath

The way you put it doesn't sound like just a warzone in an Iokath setting. Dare I hope for something different for PvP?

• The Daily Area - What's different and what's the same

Also a very interesting thing. I am glad to have an explorable planet and I really hope it will also contain rank 10 nodes for crafting materials.

• Access to Iokath - Who, When, How

Yes, this topic will make or break Iokath. Ziost failed as a daily area in part due to the "how" to get there. I hope access to the Iokath explorable area(s) will be quick or people will also end up avoiding it.

• Choosing a Faction on Iokath

Factions eh? This should be interesting. I liked Factions in the original Guild Wars and I am wondering if there is a link between this and the PvP on Iokath.

Alright, my interest is officially piqued.

I'm pretty sure they've said the operation is separate from the story in that it doesn't complete the story so you'll probably be able to access iokath, the operation, and possibly dailies. I will reiterate the story will probably be locked because of specific decisions you make in regards to Scorpio.

Which decisions again can be defaulted to any decisions, just in case, we didn't do KotFE-KotET.

It's just a question of design decisions.