Looking for group or guild to help me lvl my Social skill to rank 2.

rekkoffmew

So as stated, im looking for a group to help me speed run some missions to get to rank 2 of social. Im on Begeren Colony and am thinking I will run Black Talon over and over. Im a Sith Warrior in game and my toons name is Lua'st. Shoot me a friend invite if your interested or give me tips on how to lvl it up fast. :)

So as stated, im looking for a group to help me speed run some missions to get to rank 2 of social. Im on Begeren Colony and am thinking I will run Black Talon over and over. Im a Sith Warrior in game and my toons name is Lua'st. Shoot me a friend invite if your interested or give me tips on how to lvl it up fast. :)

The ONLY way to level up Social is to have group activities with conversations. Black Talon is pretty good for that, as is The Esseles on the Republic side, because they have lots of conversations with dialogue wheels. But you have to do it in a group. (Even just a group of two players spamming BT with companions - there's no special Social-points benefit from larger groups.)

Yeah, just to to fleet and ask for as group for some quick Black Talon (Imperial) or Esseles (Republic) social runs.

You can specify speed runs if you like (where everyone agrees to spacebar all convos), but they won't take that long even if someone wants to listen to them.

Social II will come fast running those two.

Or you can just queue for groupfinder and take whatever comes your way.

It's been a while since I have run any flashpoints (just returning after a break and re-leveling some classes... Avoiding any flashpoints until I get through my class story*), but I think that all of them contain at least some conversational choices. Some certainly more than others, but all of them should net you some points.

*I queued/will queue for Esseles (and Black Talon for my BH) after I get off of the starter planet for the social rewards and to knock out the "Introduction to Group Finder" mission, but I am using the white acute module and only running class stories on the starter worldsand those are the only option available in the "random" queue for a short time.

My trooper, the only class that I have worked on so far, spent a long time just loitering around and eventually moved on, but they were in the queue for maybe four-five hours before they leveled out of it and I never got a hit.

I figure that most people are just out-leveling the basic Esseles/Black Talon missions now and so what used to be a right of passage of sorts has bene pretty much abandoned.

Still, doesn't hurt to queue, so as I get to my Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, and Jedi Knight and Consular I will continue to repeat the process.

I just do not expect any hits and will not spend nearly as much time loitering and hoping for a hit as I did with my trooper.

The ONLY way to level up Social is to have group activities with conversations. Black Talon is pretty good for that, as is The Esseles on the Republic side, because they have lots of conversations with dialogue wheels. But you have to do it in a group. (Even just a group of two players spamming BT with companions - there's no special Social-points benefit from larger groups.)

Are you sure about that? When I'm in a group of three, if we all choose different options, we get 3 points from that convo. If we all choose the same option, we get 6 points. If I'm in a group of four, it's 4 points for different options and 8 points if we answer the same. I don't two-man flashpoints often enough but I could have sworn convos only maxed at 4 if we both answered the same.

The other Social Point thing to keep in mind is if you want to farm the points, you have to be sure to never choose the [attack] option until there are no more options. The longer you keep the conversation going the more points you get.

Are you sure about that? When I'm in a group of three, if we all choose different options, we get 3 points from that convo. If we all choose the same option, we get 6 points. If I'm in a group of four, it's 4 points for different options and 8 points if we answer the same. I don't two-man flashpoints often enough but I could have sworn convos only maxed at 4 if we both answered the same.

The other Social Point thing to keep in mind is if you want to farm the points, you have to be sure to never choose the [attack] option until there are no more options. The longer you keep the conversation going the more points you get.

This is true. Larger group sizes (up to four) do net you more points. I seem to recall that you get the boost (4 vs. 8, for example) as a result of winning the response roll. In any case, the minimum you'll get from a conversation is four points, as opposed to two points with only two people.

However, outside of flashpoints, completing any planetary missions while grouped will net you a tiny amount of social points (unless they changed it). I used to get two points per mission completion back when I would run solo missions while grouped for warzones. The other players didn't do the same missions, nor were they anywhere near me. We only played together when the warzone queue would pop. Otherwise, we were just on guild chat and doing our own things.

Edited by -Wes-

This is true. Larger group sizes (up to four) do net you more points. I seem to recall that you get the boost (4 vs. 8, for example) as a result of winning the response roll. In any case, the minimum you'll get from a conversation is four points, as opposed to two points with only two people.

However, outside of flashpoints, completing any planetary missions while grouped will net you a tiny amount of social points (unless they changed it). I used to get two points per mission completion back when I would run solo missions while grouped for warzones. The other players didn't do the same missions, nor were they anywhere near me. We only played together when the warzone queue would pop. Otherwise, we were just on guild chat and doing our own things.

I can confirm as well that running heroics with others get you social points. It's not much, like, 2 per mission if it doesn't have any conversations in it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.