More Hair Styles

Ottoattack

I know there are more important things to prioritise in the game than customising toons and they should all be addressed first.

But I would also love to see some more customisation of my characters and possibly companions, except after more important things are fixed first.

I'm not sure if any of you have ever player STOL (Star Trek Online), they have an excellent character creation, customisation screen that allows to adjust just about anything so your character is as unique to you as like.

I can't think of any extra hair styles or colours they can do for this game, but I would like to see brighter eye colours that you can see more when standing on the fleet and better makeup and complexion settings. A fifth body type would also be good or at least some ability to manually adjust the bodies a little.

One last thing I'd personally like, its a little off topic and always seems controversial for some people and that is the ability to swap my characters sex later on after I've finished the vanilla part of the game if I feel like it. This is just a personal thing for me and I'm not concerned about RPing issues others find problematic and it doesn't affect them personally unless they also chose to change.

I find it strange that EAWare have not taken the opportunity to create and put up for sale on the CM more hairstyles/faces/tattoos/cybernetic appearances/hair color/eye color/etc. options. Compared to designing new content, those cosmetic options would take a tiny amount of developer time and money to create, and then they could basically print money by selling them. Little expense, tons of profit. Yet they don't, which I don't get at all. It seems like a no-brainer. Edited by AscendingSky

Actually, hair is quite difficult to make right, you should read up on the animation programming required. There is a reason I rarely use the after original hairtyles on my characters, poorly implemented, it doesn't flow well in combat. On a companion its less noticeable, but its far more noticeable on player characters.

Now, there are several hair versions out there already that would be really nice to have. Female hair 5 or 6, there are some different combinations of the parts you can find on NPC's that you can't make in character creation. The refugee's on Corellia hanging out in some of the low floors of buildings have a variant of 5/6 that I'd of loved to have when I still played SWTOR.

Actually, hair is quite difficult to make right, you should read up on the animation programming required. There is a reason I rarely use the after original hairtyles on my characters, poorly implemented, it doesn't flow well in combat. On a companion its less noticeable, but its far more noticeable on player characters.

Now, there are several hair versions out there already that would be really nice to have. Female hair 5 or 6, there are some different combinations of the parts you can find on NPC's that you can't make in character creation. The refugee's on Corellia hanging out in some of the low floors of buildings have a variant of 5/6 that I'd of loved to have when I still played SWTOR.

I was hoping they add already existing hair styles, like Lana's and Shae. The styles and animations exist (both are companions), so I assume this will require little to no programming on BWs end to make them usable by toons as well.

Easy money for BW and will make the player base happy.

Adding brand new hair styles, that is a different ball game.

Edited by Ottoattack

Additionally it would be nice if all the hairstyles (and faces) available for humans were available for cyborgs etc. I don't make much of anything except humans (and twilek sometimes) because stuff is missing.

Let's add in all the other races as well! I practically never make human characters, so I was shocked when I did make one one day and saw just how many face options they have compared to the other races. Poor Cyborgs and Twi'leks only get three (!) distinct faces (Caucasian, Asian, African) with 2 barely perceptible variations. Yet humans get something crazy like...26? 32? 40? I don't know, it's nuts. I see no reason why Mirialan, Rattataki, Miraluka, Zabrak and Chiss can't get these faces as well.

I am happy that the CM human hairstyles and colors pack was opened up to other races, so that was a step in the right direction.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.