character to character item transfer?

Mr_Ronok

so ive been out of the game for a while. basically resubbed and started a new character from level 0 after being away from the game for 2 years. i finished a sith warrior (including the expansions and everything) and started a jedi consular. what id like to know is if it's possible to transfer items from my sith warrior to my jedi consular. i want a different colour crystal for my jedi but she doesnt have near enough credits to buy one. so i was wondering if i could buy one with my SW and transfer it to my JC

- Unbound or bound to legacy items can be stored in your legacy vault by one character and retrieved by another. These items can also be sent by mail.

- Bound items are, as one can guess, bound to the character and can't be transferred.

- Items from Cartel Market can be unlocked (with CCs) from collections and retrieved by all your characters.

Since you seem to be a subscriber, you have multiple choices:

1. Legacy Storage. Look up "Strongholds". Get one with your first character and put a Legacy Storage in it (free)

2. Put items (not credits) in that storage.

3. Log in as the other character, go to the Stronghold and get the items out of the storage

Alternately,

A. From your main character, mail credits and items to your new character (check recipient name carefully)

B. As new character, step out of starting area to get to the mail box and retrieve the credits and other items

Alternately,

i. Unlock the crystals and so on in your "Collections" on your main character (read up on collections)

ii. Just retrieve the crystals, weapons etc. on the new characters for free

Welcome to SWTOR. When you start playing it, it's a lot of fun. Especially as you start doing your second and subsquent characters. I'd recommend doing all 8 class stories first. This is a journey you can only undertake and enjoy once. Make the most of it.

Edited by mike_carton

A. From your main character, mail credits and items to your new character (check recipient name carefully)

It's no longer quite so important to be careful, since they added your legacy's character names to the dropdown from the To field of the mail interface. Also, if you mail a random legacy-bound item along with the stuff you really want to send, you can't send it outside your legacy.

The only way to transfer bound color crystals is via a legacy grade weapon or shield that has a color crystal slot.

Legacy items can be identified by the orange shield icon in the top right corner of the item icon.

Remove the crystal from your current weapon then place it into the legacy item.

Once you've done that you can either mail the legacy item to your alt or transfer it via the Legacy Cargo Bay.

The receiving alt does not have to be able to use the item, all you need to do is have it in your inventory and extract the crystal.

I believe every class gets a legacy weapon at the end of the starting planet questline so it shouldn't be that hard to acquire one if you don't already own one

And credits and unbound or legacy items can now be mailed between any of your alts in the same Legacy (same server) regardless of faction. They changed this a good while ago to make alting less tedious.

Specific to color crystals... unless you want a very rare and long embargoed version from the CM packs.... there are tons of them for reasonable prices on the GTN. And by reasonable, I am talking about less then 50K credits. And even ones embargoed for months now.. still can be purchased for less then 200K... and you only need one copy of each.

----> Buy one or two that you really like, and then pay the unlock price in Collections and you have infinite copies across your account for life by just pulling a copy out of collections.

IF you only need one, and have the credits to purchase it off the GTN, by all means buy it and mail it to your other character. Crystals, with rare exceptions, Bind on Equip so you can move them around freely until you install it on a weapon. You also can install a used crystal on any Bind to Legacy weapon and then ship then ship the weapon to an alternate character in your legacy and then pull it and reuse it.

Edited by Andryah

The only way to transfer bound color crystals is via a legacy grade weapon or shield that has a color crystal slot.

Legacy items can be identified by the orange shield icon in the top right corner of the item icon.

Remove the crystal from your current weapon then place it into the legacy item.

Once you've done that you can either mail the legacy item to your alt or transfer it via the Legacy Cargo Bay.

The receiving alt does not have to be able to use the item, all you need to do is have it in your inventory and extract the crystal.

I believe every class gets a legacy weapon at the end of the starting planet questline so it shouldn't be that hard to acquire one if you don't already own one

And credits and unbound or legacy items can now be mailed between any of your alts in the same Legacy (same server) regardless of faction. They changed this a good while ago to make alting less tedious.

I noticed the new sniper I rolled tonight got a legacy weapon, but the Mara I did the other day did not.

I would really like to get a legacy lightsabre weapon without having to jump through 50 hoops of end game content.

Does anyone know of a fast and simple way to get one?

I noticed the new sniper I rolled tonight got a legacy weapon, but the Mara I did the other day did not.

I would really like to get a legacy lightsabre weapon without having to jump through 50 hoops of end game content.

Pretty sure all classes get a legacy weapon on the starter planet. The quest to go and use the Modification Station gives it.

The Sith Inquisitor gets a BoL saber as part of class story.

The Galactic Command Light/Dark Side Vendors in the Supplies section of the Fleet now sell BoL mainhand weapons for 20 tokens each. Wish they also sold offhands.

Edited by mike_carton

Fussy: the SI gets *two* BoL sabres, Zash's and Kallig's. (I just levelled a Sorc to the end of Korriban, and Zash gave him *her* BoL sabre.)

But I've already done those stories multiple times since launch and they never used to be BoL. I've still got the sabres, but they are the old versions that are BOP.

The legacy ones I've found at the legacy vendor on Drommund Kaas aren't shells, but actual sabres, that is fine for transferring crystals, but not hilts.

Has anyone got a fast and simple way that doesn't require me do the story all over again?

Edited by Icykill_

Pretty sure all classes get a legacy weapon on the starter planet. The quest to go and use the Modification Station gives it.

Didn't get one for my Mara, not sure why. I'll roll another and finsh the start planet story and see what happens. Then I'll delete it. I don't need 5 Maras

But I've already done those stories multiple times since launch and they never used to be BoL. I've still got the sabres, but they are the old versions that are BOP.

The legacy ones I've found at the legacy vendor on Drommund Kaas aren't shells, but actual sabres, that is fine for transferring crystals, but not hilts.

Has anyone got a fast and simple way that doesn't require me do the story all over again?

I did that on two different Inquisitors just to get the BoL Saber and BoL staff (you get to choose) in 4.0 after having unthinkingly vendored it on my main Inquisitor.

The Galactic Command Light/Dark Side Vendors in the Supplies section of the Fleet now sell BoL mainhand weapons for 20 tokens each. No need to do any story.

Fussy: the SI gets *two* BoL sabres, Zash's and Kallig's. (I just levelled a Sorc to the end of Korriban, and Zash gave him *her* BoL sabre.)

Don't remember that from 4.x (Zash's saber being BoL, that is)

Edited by mike_carton

I did that on two different Inquisitors just to get the BoL Saber and BoL staff (you get to choose) in 4.0 after having unthinkingly vendored it on my main Inquisitor.

The Galactic Command Light/Dark Side Vendors in the Supplies section of the Fleet now sell BoL mainhand weapons for 20 tokens each. No need to do any story.

I don't do the light/dark vendors because I just pvp these days. I don't even know how to get tokens for it. Can you help out a pve Noob please and tell me how 🙄

FYI, best forum signature ever 😊

Edited by Icykill_

I don't do the light/dark vendors because I just pvp these days. I don't even know how to get tokens for it. Can you help out a pve Noob please and tell me how 🙄

FYI, best forum signature ever 😊

Check your Inventory, Currency tab. The first currency should be "Light/Dark Side Token". Can hold a maximum of 100 at a time for some ***** reason. 20 of those will get you a BoL mainhand at the "Light/Dark Side Vendor."

You get them ("Light/Dark Side Token") if your GC rank goes up (accidentally) while the "Galaxy is controlled by <your alignment>" which is about as brain-dead as it can get. I've found it easy to hit the maximum of 100 tokens without trying (I'm at 150 or more over 300 GC) but difficult to actually find anything worthwhile to buy with them.

Good work over the years, btw.

Edited by mike_carton

Check your Inventory, Currency tab. The first currency should be "Light/Dark Side Token". Can hold a maximum of 100 at a time for some ***** reason. 20 of those will get you a BoL mainhand at the "Light/Dark Side Vendor."

You get them ("Light/Dark Side Token") if your GC rank goes up (accidentally) while the "Galaxy is controlled by <your alignment>" which is about as brain-dead as it can get. I've found it easy to hit the maximum of 100 tokens without trying (I'm at 150 or more over 300 GC) but difficult to actually find anything worthwhile to buy with them.

Good work over the years, btw.

Cool, thanks, I didn't know about that. I'll check it out when I login next 😊

Don't remember that from 4.x (Zash's saber being BoL, that is)

Don't think it was. It certainly is in 5.X. Well, for a Sorc with the same name, species, sex, and appearance as a deleted insta-60 KotFE Early Start Sorc that romanced Lana and declined option 2 in the Chapter IX cantina scene(1), that is. That's the only kind of SI I've done it with since 5.0 came out.

(1) I've run out of ways to make it more specific.

Don't think it was. It certainly is in 5.X. Well, for a Sorc with the same name, species, sex, and appearance as a deleted insta-60 KotFE Early Start Sorc that romanced Lana and declined option 2 in the Chapter IX cantina scene(1), that is. That's the only kind of SI I've done it with since 5.0 came out.

(1) I've run out of ways to make it more specific.

Yeah.. I think these were made BoL with 5.0. Along with various methods to obtain some of the old classic low level armors other then pure random drops as you level. Good moves by the studio in my view... but they really should be more up front about it... and actually promote it as a QoL. The nice thing here is with the current state of the game, you can roll a fresh character, spend 20-30 minutes to go through the class story on the starter planet, collect the weapon(s), and then send them to whatever character you like.

I have not checked to see if they converted starter weapons players still have in their possession from long ago to BoL. I know I have a few hanging around in storage, so I made myself a note to check that.

Edited by Andryah

They made the SI's hat and stick BoL in two separate patches during the 4.x time. I don't particularly feel like combing the patch notes archive to find out exactly when; it did not go down at 4.0, and there were ... issues in execution. IIRC, it was originally a workaround because some SI's did not get issued the relevant BoP gear in their playthroughs, and for some reason they decided to make them BoL instead.

(I happened to be playing an SI at the time in question, I don't recall right now whether I have the BoP or BoL versions. The hat, at least in a reskin, is available on the Adaptive Gear vendor on Imp Fleet, and the single-handed saber model is available as a moddable world drop (TOR Fashion link), though not, apparently, as a BoL item except as the SI reward.

(A moderately complete list of BoL items at Tor Fashion)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.