Crates dropping is absurd

Cretinus

Are there any MK3s dropping at all, apart from the same ears and implants over and over again?! I now reached tier 2 and all I have is doubles of the same ears and implants that I cannot even pass to my alts. This gearing method is demoralising and will make me unsub.

! I now reached tier 2 and all I have is doubles of the same ears and implants that I cannot even pass to my alts.

There's no point in keeping multiples of Implants and earpieces. Just vendor them. Think of them as extra credits, just like the equipment drops you get during quests, FPs, etc. (Exception - I've been keeping variations with critical, accuracy and alacrity, so I can juggle stats as necessary, but there's no sense keeping pieces with the same stats.)

At this point all 6 of my main characters have complete sets of 230 rating armor. 4 of the 6 have 230 rating weapons. Earpieces and implants are more variable because some of the characters are not played as often. None of them are tier 2 yet. I've mostly been doing CXP related stuff with only 2 of them - the rest have their 230s mostly through legacy transfers.

As with most RNG related items, some people will do better than others. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

If the *only* way you're gearing your toon is from crates, then you're certainly doing it wrong. Now, moreso than ever with 5.2 on the horizon, it's going to be a lot less hassle getting gear, from ops and PVP. I do feel that they need to bump up the Unassembled Components from PVP a little more yet, but they're moving in the right direction with it.

That being said, if you aren't participating in either ops or PVP, then why are you in such a hurry to get set bonus gear? What are you doing in game that is driving you into such a tizzy because you're not getting the gear you want?

But with RNG you can get the whole set in the first 14 rolls. The second set in the first fourteen rolls in tier 2 and the same in tier 3.

Which makes it "Exciting"

Truth is though, you're more likely with the drop rates as they are to miss several pieces, and have to grind 100s or 1000s of unassembled tokens to buy the missing bits. - basically earning currency to buy what you need. - Just the very system they thought needed changing so desperately.

A system that robbed the game of a lot of development time.... Probably several man years.... since it's been several months in development and several more live and still piss-poor.

go figure....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.