My master plan

gsummers

Wait until unassembled components become legacy bound. Switch to imp toon and get carried to pvp victories by my imp teammates while I eat popcorn for fast unassembled components acquisition. Move to pub toon. Purchase top level gear. Rinse and repeat.

Wait until unassembled components become legacy bound. Switch to imp toon and get carried to pvp victories by my imp teammates while I eat popcorn for fast unassembled components acquisition. Move to pub toon. Purchase top level gear. Rinse and repeat.

There is no timeline for unassembled components becoming legacy bound. In fact, they never promised to make them legacy bound ever.

But may be, you posted this in jest or as snark.

There is no timeline for unassembled components becoming legacy bound. In fact, they never promised to make them legacy bound ever.

Not promised, but they said it's something that they want to do (not just something they are looking into). I know, take it with a grain of salt, but I'd be surprised if they don't make them legacy in the next couple months.

Technically, you are correct. But it sounds like they want to do this:

In the future

Unassembled Components and Legacy. We understand your Legacy is important to you and we agree with that, we are looking at ways to address that in the future.

Not with 5.1.2. We know Components being available to your Legacy is something that is highly desired. We are still looking at how to address that and when we would be able to do so. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

People already do this lol. :rak_02:

When there's too many of these types of people I just end up swapping factions as I enjoy both factions.

Yep quite right,, it's enough that 5- 8 does that and the tide has turned - we're no larger population than that

But if i buy via tokens and transfer it over via legacy gear, the set bonus should work on another toon right? For instance I am playing on my sniper and when its fully geared, i could transfer over like that to my sin?

You'd be correct, but the set-bonus is only for the sniper and its Mirror ( GS) IIRC.

If you weren't bothered by the set bonus, then it might be a way of gearing an alt. but you'd be gimping yourself, and you'd still need left-side ( implants, ear, relics) to come up to top level, since these are BOP and not transferrable.

- And you'd be hurting yourself with role mismatch - though skank tanking is a thing, putting mitigation stats on a dps character is a waste.

But on the original point, If you're in game going afk with an alt, it'll take you longer than playing your main properly and trying for the win, and you don't have to wait for soon The only advantage is getting the daily/weekly rewards more than once a day/week.

Edited by Storm-Cutter