Mission rewards chart/database?

eriksarcasm

Hi all. I'm not a new player but this is kind of a new player question.

Is there some resource somewhere online (I googled) that shows exactly what mission gives what gear reward?

I'm leveling a Sniper and trying to do it, not the "Hard" way but rather more the "not so easy" way. So I'm avoiding all Heroic and moddable gear and just using what drops from vanilla story missions. I just finished Balmorra and I'm missing gloves and headgear.* I wandered around a bit looking for any side mission I might've missed but didn't see any. It was late and didn't explore every inch of the planet, but I might do just that. I asked it chat and someone directed me to swtor-spy but that database seems thorough but incomplete. It doesn't always tell you what gear reward you get for missions.

I know (or am reasonably sure) that exploration missions don't reward gear so I'm not doing those. Also, what's the deal with the Bonus Series these days? They're all available at level 60 now?

*I noticed I got the Tarnished Chestpiece twice, so maybe that's a bug?

Hi all. I'm not a new player but this is kind of a new player question.

Is there some resource somewhere online (I googled) that shows exactly what mission gives what gear reward?

I'm leveling a Sniper and trying to do it, not the "Hard" way but rather more the "not so easy" way. So I'm avoiding all Heroic and moddable gear and just using what drops from vanilla story missions. I just finished Balmorra and I'm missing gloves and headgear.* I wandered around a bit looking for any side mission I might've missed but didn't see any. It was late and didn't explore every inch of the planet, but I might do just that. I asked it chat and someone directed me to swtor-spy but that database seems thorough but incomplete. It doesn't always tell you what gear reward you get for missions.

I know (or am reasonably sure) that exploration missions don't reward gear so I'm not doing those. Also, what's the deal with the Bonus Series these days? They're all available at level 60 now?

*I noticed I got the Tarnished Chestpiece twice, so maybe that's a bug?

You may need to open up your map and check the box to enable Exploration Missions (side quests) if you haven't already, as some of the side quests tend to fill the gaps for gear.

Overall though, you're probably best off doing heroics repeatedly til you get every slot filled (except mainhand weapon) as you're leveling. It's especially great XP right now due to the event and fast gearing. If you don't want to level too fast, you can also buy a token on the fleet to suppress the extra XP from the event, but still get gear from the heroics. You can also search the GTN for different pieces to buy.

Also, for a list of rewards, you mentioned swtor-spy, which is pretty good, you can also check out the tor community site or dulfy, both have some guides pertaining to mission rewards.

Edited by SomeJagoff

There are other alternatives to filling in gear spots as well as you level. Most planets should have a vendor that sells gear directly (usually labeled as Specialty Goods). Alternatively, you could always load up on a set of empty shells and buy level appropriate mods either from the fleet, or from the mod vendors on each planet.

As for the Bonus Series, they were amalgamated into normal planetary missions/exploration missions back in 4.0 I believe. Since Level Sync was introduced, there was no need to make them a bonus series anymore (as they contained higher level missions that brought you up against higher level mobs).

As for the Bonus Series, they were amalgamated into normal planetary missions/exploration missions back in 4.0 I believe. Since Level Sync was introduced, there was no need to make them a bonus series anymore (as they contained higher level missions that brought you up against higher level mobs).

No, they were (aside from Imp Balmorra and Pub Taris) moved to requires-level-60, and the breadcrumb missions on the Fleet were removed, but they are still bonus-ish.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.