Tanno Vik as a Companion for all Classes

lucksaler

On the eve of the return of Elara and Malavaii in the next patch, I noticed that Tanno Vik (Companion from the Trooper Storyline) has "returned" a long time ago (launch of Fallen Empire, to be precise), and we can't really recruit him as a Companion for our Alliance. The only way to recruit him is by being a Trooper and via the Terminal in Odessen and the list of Companions and Contacts still classifies him as "lost", altough we saw him on Chapter 6.

I know that we have the option to kill him (ups, spoiler alert) but, for those who didn't, maybe it would be nice to recruit him, and summon him whenever we want, and not just by Troopers, but with all Classes as well. Maybe a little Alliance Alert Mission, or the Terminal in Odessen, when we reach Chapter 9 of Fallen Empire.

After all, he is one of the original companions of the game. Why not give him a chance? :p

I'm sorry to say that there's a reason why Vik was treated the way he was in 'Empire'- i.e. that one scene of him using carefully chosen dialogue (taken from the cutting room floor, I believe), and given a choice of either being killed off, or else going to a heavily implied but not shown heroic death delaying the Zakuul forces during the destruction of Asylum- this is unfortunately because his actor, David Anthony Pizzuto, tragically passed on in 2012, not long after the game's release.

As such while Bioware can still use him as a companion in terms of the toon wandering around and delivering the usual combat emotes etc, he wouldn't be able to be brought back as a 'story' companion, or even very easily as an 'Alliance Alert' companion, unless recast, and given that the very distinctive voice is one of the main selling points of the character, for those who do like him, it probably wouldn't be the same.

A case where, whatever we might say about Bioware in most other situations, they probably couldn't really be expected to find a better solution than the one that they did.

• 1 year later...
I'm sorry to say that there's a reason why Vik was treated the way he was in 'Empire'- i.e. that one scene of him using carefully chosen dialogue (taken from the cutting room floor, I believe), and given a choice of either being killed off, or else going to a heavily implied but not shown heroic death delaying the Zakuul forces during the destruction of Asylum- this is unfortunately because his actor, David Anthony Pizzuto, tragically passed on in 2012, not long after the game's release.

Yeah I can see Bioware actually choosing to write him out by making it so if your player does not kill him he dies protecting asylum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.