Command Level 67 and only 3 set pieces?

Corraldh

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a beautiful game set in the Star Wars Universe. For the past 5 years we've enjoyed exploring the vast stories that Bioware has presented to us. Then...5.0 dropped and endgame players were told to grind and grind hard to Command Rank 300.

I am Command Rank 68, and have gotten 2 set pieces from Command Packs and 1 set piece from an Op. 68 Command packs full of green and blue CRAP.

I understand that 5.2 will change the world..I mean go back to 4.0 Ops drops, but can't the loot tables be tweaked? Why would a new player want to subject themselves to grinding a game that offers so much content?

I really hope the 350% Command boost becomes the normal since you will lose more subscribers that are forced to you intended "grind".

BWA: Make 350% Command boost the new normal. Tweak the loot tables to drop loot if it hasn't dropped in the last 10 Command Ranks. Allow the Superior Command Boosts for +180 ranks.

Remember, players that reach Tier 3 are your "bread and butter". We are the ones that are serious about subscribing.

So what's being done to keep us?

-Dek

Don't feel too bad... I had hit level 80 and only had ONE Tier 1 set piece. :( Then within the next 10 levels, I got two more. So by the time I hit Tier 2, I had three pieces.

RNG is not fun, or exciting, but you will eventually get your set. :)

I reached rank 87 last night and I've got 4 pieces for Sawbone class, and 1 piece for Scrapper class. :)

I haven't even finished Ch 3 yet (Still on Belsavis) and haven't even done any op. I've just been doing Master FP (and Veteran for the Weeklies) every night. Gotta love this 250% CXP event, I hope the rate will stay.

Edited by StupidWiz

I reached rank 87 last night and I've got 4 pieces for Sawbone class, and 1 piece for Scrapper class. :)

I haven't even finished Ch 3 yet (Still on Belsavis) and haven't even done any op. I've just been doing Master FP (and Veteran for the Weeklies) every night. Gotta love this 250% CXP event, I hope the rate will stay.

^^THIS is why RNG is neither fun nor exciting. Because I'm NEVER one of these kinds of people. :mad:

Consider yourself lucky. Both my characters (one at 276, one at 90) struggled through the first 3/4 of *every* tier without seeing a single piece. :(

My main is command level 93 and have 2 items with set bonus. On this one, I have received so far 1 duplicate item with set bonus, of what I extracted the mods just to realize that they are advanced 46 ones, and thus exactly the same as the blue 50 mods, except the set bonus, not much use for them as the bonus they give is useless to my alts.

I also got a gold 236 relic

An alt is command level 52 and also has 2 items with set bonus.

Another alt is at command level 15, with a single set bonus item I think ... on this one though I have noticed a very strange thing, extreme luck if you like. When I hit level 70 and started gaining galactic command levels, I had on this alt all blue 230 mods, transferred from my main tank, and side dps, using legacy armor, but no weapons or implants, earpiece and relics. And from the first few crates I got exactly the needed, yet missing items. :)

I have the feeling that I will get to a full set bonus eventually, being a casual player who is able to log in daily and gain 2-3 levels on my 3 characters each, ONLY IF the CXP bonus experience gain stays. Or, perhaps at least they should leave flashpoints and operations at their current levels, in that case one has an incentive to actually wait for groups, and run through them. Also, keep in mind that while one is able to grind solo content any time, group content is restricted to a much smaller time frame during peak gaming hours - I am on a european server -.

It's just that "eventually" can be a long time.

Reached GC Rank 300. No 242s.

Some light mathematics to make you despair

I did really well on tier 1, got an iten on average 1/10 :) Yes I know there's not 100 ranks in tier 1. but lets do the maths hold on, OK OK it maybe 1/9 would be slightly more accurate than 1/10, as got 5/7 set gear plus ear, one implants plus two duplicate set gear twice (belt and head gear) by the time I got to 89. got the rifle as well just after. not had as much luck with tier 2. :( Rifle was just into teir 2 and had one ear gear. at rank 149 now.

It can take time yes. I agree. Though rank 300 and no 242s is not the same has no set gear. Just no 242s. Not the same. Still I too would be disappointed by it. Hope with 5.2 and as we go onto rank 400 drops rates are meant to be far better. So lets hope that turns out to be the case.

EDIT

Did not know there was such a thing as legendary gear until I read it in changes in 5.2. So no legendary gear. Makes me sad inside. lol. Well clearly not that sad inside. :)

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.