Soldier/Bounty hunters. all Frakked up

TalonVII

This is going to be a bit long but I can't stay quiet anymore. Bioware has completely screwed up these classes. Where do I start?

First off the gutting of the range and abilities of the Vanguard/Power tech. Forcing these classes into 10m ranges with a gun, gutting their best abilities, no charge ability till higher levels, just a damn mess.

Also the shared tree, it's well wrong. I mean Gunnery and Arsenal should be the shared trees instead of Tactics and IO. Those are actually much better for the Merc and Commando as their second tree anyways.

Plus this gives the Powertech and Vanguard, abilities that are more inline with what they use. I mean missiles for a PT since it's the offhand, it makes more sense, where as a merc should have more gun abilities.

Also flackshell/shatterslug, seems a better ability for a Merc/Commando rather than a VG/PT. IMHO to really fix the classes they should do the following:

-Death from above/Mortar volley should return to the VG/PT and removed from Merc/Comm. Merc/Comm already have good AOE attacks with sweeping blasters/hail of bolts. And get rid of those awful AOE attacks given to the PT/VG.

-Gunnery/Arsenal should become the shared tree while Tactics/IO should become Merc specific trees.

-Missileblast/explosive missile should go back to the PT/VG while Flackshell/Shatterslug should become Merc/CO ability instead.

-Sticky grenade/explosive dart should be removed from Merc/CO and go back to the VG/PT. Already have decent gun abilities and frankly merc/co have too many abilities while VG/PT don't have enough now.

-Most of the abiliites for the VG/PT should go to 20m instead of 10 except the pulse cannon/flame thrower abilities. Those should stay at 10.

Now these are just my 2 credits worth of ideas. Most will probably say no, but, this i feel will help change the flavor of the BH/trooper classes.

I've always thought it silly that you can't play a traditional trooper w/ a rifle at a ranged distance (30m). If they allowed commandos to use rifle instead of the assault cannon without losing any dps, that would fix it.

I've always thought it silly that you can't play a traditional trooper w/ a rifle at a ranged distance (30m). If they allowed commandos to use rifle instead of the assault cannon without losing any dps, that would fix it.

Personally I think the Vanguard should of gotten the assault cannon. Big gun, big armor = Vanguard.

• 4 weeks later...
Personally I think the Vanguard should of gotten the assault cannon. Big gun, big armor = Vanguard.

By definition, a vangard is a soldier that is part of the first wave. Commando feels more like the guy that gives the vangard supressive fire artillery support.

Edited by cool-dude

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.