Security Key Question

SnakeSinger

So, my phone was completely busted the other day and I will probably have to get a new one, I had to remove the Security Key from my account to even log on here to ask this question which I'm kinda bummed about D:

firstly, can I re-add a Security Key again once my phone is either fixed or replaced or will it block me out of doing that now? :(

Also, if I can, is there an EASY to install authenticator that I can install on my laptop as a backup in case something like this happens again? Because I tried to use WinAuth and it demands you enter a "secret code" in order to even activate the WinAuth software (which makes no sense..you need a code to enter in order to get a code? What the hell? D: Nothing anywhere gave me an activation code for the WinAuth software and I am so confused...)

Please somebody help. I've been unable to play for a month due to a combination of internet connectivity issues and being unable to connect now due to not having access to the Security Key and not having an alternative, and even though it's removed now I would like to re-instate it as soon as I am able and I don't want this to happen again :(

see this link the code for winauth is the same code you get from swtor.com when setting up a security key (ie same code you enter into the app) (see add and remove directions)

Right, so I need the mobile app to be able to do this? Doesn't really answer the first question either which is can I still apply a new one when my phone is usable again after I had to remove the old one? because if I can't then these are both not solutions I can do, in that case? :(

Pretend winauth is the app ....

and if you write that code down and enter the same code into your moblle app as well when you have the phone

Did you miss the part where I said I do not have a code anywhere? :( I do not have access to the mobile app, I cannot get to the mobile app, I did not write a code down because I was not aware that I HAD to write it down.My phone is smashed beyond repair and will not work. I cannot just uninstall and reinstall the app until I have a new phone which could be until next week if not longer

Ergo, WinAuth will now not activate as I have no "code" to input. Therefore, the question is am I now screwed until I can get onto a phone and get it to spit out a code that I can enter? which you very artfully seem to be dodging/not actually answering. I don't know how to make it any more obvious that I currently cannot "pretend WinAuth is the app" because I cannot ACCESS THE APP to get this code you are talking about :B

Edited by SnakeSinger

Read the FAQ linked in the previous place I pointed you too https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-security-key-faqs/

the code is given on swtor.com

OHHHHH. *facepalm* Well it kept saying for you to enter it into the app on the article so it made it seem like I needed the app in order to get the activation code.

think I've got it to work now...and this serial code will be the same one for me to enter into the app when I do get a working phone then? or will it change it when I reinstall the app on the new phone? :eek:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.