Make One time Password authorize computer to avoid troubles with receiving it/login.

REVAN_cz

Hello.

I ve made on this matter suggestions before. Recently there been trouble with one time password service [AGAIN],when no one received one time password [me too,even once before [some time ago] encountered situation where i received 60 one time passwords at once,and it did took me while sort them out].

My previous sugestions and in this one i suggest the one time password could simply work this way - the launcher requests only new one time password when player installed newly the swtor and only if he login in to website swtor,the launcher wont ask the one time password after the IP will change,becoz the computer could be authorized by saved setting i presented before -

https://ulozto.net/!S1gRMDmX2/swtor-new-launcher-sugestion-jpg

I litle Photoshop it,to show what i mean,i not found better website to save the image,and i created it some time ago.

It was very simple idea,save the computer so after first embeding one time password the game launcher wont ask the one time password again,becoz the launcher will have the computer saved/authorized,unless player reinstall or set fix launcher or login to website ,the one time pasword wont be requested from player to go search for it in mail. The most troublesome for me is everytime i reset router/internet the swtor launcher asks new one time password,and this could be simplest and most usefull solution.

Note- recent problem where i did not received one time passwords at all,i received them in next day,when the issue been fixed i hope. And once again i trying explain my suggestion on this matter.

Thanks.

This Older sugestion here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=836595 but its not so good one.

Edited by REVAN_cz

Well, there's an obvious solution to the OTP problem.

Get a "security key", that is, download the app for your smartphone or get something like WinAuth for your PC.

And you never, ever, ever see the OTP thing again.(1) AND you get 100 free Cartel Coins a month, even when you aren't subscribed.

(1) This isn't quite true. If you have to change your phone, and the old one's broken, you'll have to go through the mild discomfort of removing your old key from your account before adding the new one. This will involve two or three separate OTPs.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be this so hard receive once email like this ?So OTP wont be requested until reinstall of star wars launcher[or set fix launcher] or login on another compurer ?[No matter if the IP adress changes].

"THE" Account Guard: New Computer Saved

Hello XY,

A new computer named "X" has been authorized to your account on Day - A, Hour - 8:00, from the following IP address: 0.0.0.0

If you did not authorize this computer on your account, we suggest you change your password immediately and contact Customer Support to ensure this location is de-authorized.

Thanks.

Would be this so hard receive once email like this ?So OTP wont be requested until reinstall of star wars launcher[or set fix launcher] or login on another compurer ?[No matter if the IP adress changes].

"THE" Account Guard: New Computer Saved

Hello XY,

A new computer named "X" has been authorized to your account on Day - A, Hour - 8:00, from the following IP address: 0.0.0.0

If you did not authorize this computer on your account, we suggest you change your password immediately and contact Customer Support to ensure this location is de-authorized.

Thanks.

It's not that it's hard but that they won't do it. They won't risk lowering security of accounts in exchange for convenience. That is why there is OTP or a security key either on a smart phone or PC directly. I know it would be easier but realistically they won't do it due to security and risk involved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.