Just sayin...

anesvik

Minor thing..I noticed in patch nots that changes were made on free to play accounts to help fight the credit spammers.

Um, One: What changes exactly? Honest question for anyone that knows. I cant seem to find specifics, but I am sure someone has..

and Two; I patched and enetered the game. Whats the first thing I see? Yup, you guessed it. And they are not even trying to disguise their spam...they straight up list their sites now.

So, I have to wonder...are some of the things they say they change, not really changed and they are just saying what they think we want to here?

Ya, I dont like some of the things done to this game lately, but this game has the best story hands down. Kotet feels rushed, but its still good..IMO.

Minor thing..I noticed in patch nots that changes were made on free to play accounts to help fight the credit spammers.

Um, One: What changes exactly? Honest question for anyone that knows. I cant seem to find specifics, but I am sure someone has..

and Two; I patched and enetered the game. Whats the first thing I see? Yup, you guessed it. And they are not even trying to disguise their spam...they straight up list their sites now.

So, I have to wonder...are some of the things they say they change, not really changed and they are just saying what they think we want to here?

Ya, I dont like some of the things done to this game lately, but this game has the best story hands down. Kotet feels rushed, but its still good..IMO.

Maybe think it through a bit.. you know.. a bit if actual thoughtful analysis.. rather then all the doubt-festing.

1) they generally NEVER give specifics on things they do to mitigate RMTs and their spam brigades. Doing so only helps the RMTs work around a constraint if you document it for them.

2) they did not say it would completely remove spam... and honestly no effort ever will. It's an ongoing effort for all MMOs.

3) there are a wide range of spammers, and I'm not convinced they are all running F2P accounts. Besides, it only takes a nominal one time purchase to upgrade to Preferred status on an account. If the new constraints are indeed working on the actual F2P accounts, then I fully expect they will simply shift tactics to overcome it.

I know for a fact they have bee progressively working on mail spammers.... because the odd spelling hoops and tricks they have to go through when they send a spam message is just getting more and more silly. So.. clearly.... the studio is applying filters to the mail system to try to squelch them, and of course the spammers will continue to adapt. So.. it is reasonable to assume they have similar effort ongoing to squelch the ever evolving chat spammers.

Edited by Andryah

Maybe think it through a bit.. you know.. a bit if actual thoughtful analysis.. rather then all the doubt-festing.

1) they generally NEVER give specifics on things they do to mitigate RMTs and their spam brigades. Doing so only helps the RMTs work around a constraint if you document it for them.

2) they did not say it would completely remove spam... and honestly no effort ever will. It's an ongoing effort for all MMOs.

3) there are a wide range of spammers, and I'm not convinced they are all running F2P accounts. Besides, it only takes a nominal one time purchase to upgrade to Preferred status on an account. If the new constraints are indeed working on the actual F2P accounts, then I fully expect they will simply shift tactics to overcome it.

I know for a fact they have bee progressively working on mail spammers.... because the odd spelling hoops and tricks they have to go through when they send a spam message is just getting more and more silly. So.. clearly.... the studio is applying filters to the mail system to try to squelch them, and of course the spammers will continue to adapt. So.. it is reasonable to assume they have similar effort ongoing to squelch the ever evolving chat spammers.

I didnt say they intended to eliminate the spam, I said "help fight.." But if a new restriction is in play, players should know. There are f2p players that are not spammers. That do play the game, and they now have a new restriction, but WHAT it is hasnt really been said. Its like a restaurant bringing your food and saying, "we did something a little extra to your meal"

And someone made the point about spammers using stolen credit cards. I could see that. TBH, it wasnt something I had considered, but it makes sense.