Can't log in on my main, pls help!

theCHOSEN_r

I made a ticked earlier, but noone responding. Can't login on my main toon, last time before logout in the night I was in someone SH by invitation on Yavin 4 and in a ops grp and logout there. Now I can't log in with this toon, stays on the loading screen with half bar and cycling there..It seems I can log in on other alts without problem, pls help!

I made a ticked earlier, but noone responding. Can't login on my main toon, last time before logout in the night I was in someone SH by invitation on Yavin 4 and in a ops grp and logout there. Now I can't log in with this toon, stays on the loading screen with half bar and cycling there..It seems I can log in on other alts without problem, pls help!

Send the ticket number to Eric Musco or another BioWare community manager type.

The symptoms you described here means that your character got stuck in a limbo loop somehow. It happens sometimes, more often it seems in connection with some stronghold. This is easily fixed by the studio by moving your character (typically to Fleet).

You opened a ticket, and if you described your problem correctly, they WILL respond. I recently had a character stuck like this (infinite loading screen). I filed a ticket and they got back to me in about 3 days (how long it takes them to respond to a ticket depends on their ticket backlog, and when you file your ticket). CS notified me they escalated the ticket directly to the studio as it required a studio action to move the character (CS can't directly do that). Next morning, I got a followup response that the character had been moved to fleet for me. Sure enough.. I could then log in to the character once again.

This sort of problem appears to happen more often if you log out inside instanced play content. Best to always logout in your Stronghold or on Fleet. If you logout in a stronghold though.. make sure that you have played through the strongholds cut-scene for that stronghold or you may get hung up in the client endlessly trying to play through that cut-scene before fully logging in your character. My recently stuck character was very likely because I space bared through the initial stronghold cut-scene... so lesson learned for me on that. :)

Edited by Andryah

Well I discribed the problem in ticket same way like here. And I didn't logeout during the cutscene, I was invited in that sh from friend . among others in ops grp to duel while waiting in queue for pvp. I was there atleast 30 min. but decided thats already is to late and have to go sleep, so I left queue, said gn and quited the game without leaving that SH and ops grp. Thats all. For all this years playing for the first time happened such thing. This is somekind of bug in the game it self and I doubt the problem is in me or what and when I did. Will be pity if I have to wait 3-4 days someone to fix my toon :(

P.S. And btw this sections in ticket are so confusing...what supposed to choose there if I can't log in on my toon?

Edited by theCHOSEN_r

Well I discribed the problem in ticket same way like here. And I didn't logeout during the cutscene, I was invited in that sh from friend . among others in ops grp to duel while waiting in queue for pvp. I was there atleast 30 min. but decided thats already is to late and have to go sleep, so I left queue, said gn and quited the game without leaving that SH and ops grp. Thats all. For all this years playing for the first time happened such thing. This is somekind of bug in the game it self and I doubt the problem is in me or what and when I did. Will be pity if I have to wait 3-4 days someone to fix my toon :(

P.S. And btw this sections in ticket are so confusing...what supposed to choose there if I can't log in on my toon?

1) I never claimed that your stuck character issue was exactly the same as my recent one. I was simply sharing information to help provide more understanding of the issue.

2) Nobody said it was your fault. It's clearly something hanging or stuck in a loop in the game, and only the studio can remedy it, and they will likely do that by relocating your character to Fleet.

Yavin Strongholds have been known to cause problems with characters in server transfers for a long time now, so there IS something different about coding associated with that stronghold location. But other strongholds have caused stuck characters in the past too.

The important piece of information here is: you logged out in someone else's Stronghold. Why is that important? Because we as players can add it to the list of things associated with strongholds that could get your character stuck in the infinite loop to log in.

Edited by Andryah

Chosen:

Most likely the fix will need to be done on the admin side as noted above, which means that you just have to wait until they get to it to log onto that character! However, sometimes when you have an infinite load loop on a character, you can clear it just by deleting the "PlayerGUIState" file for that character. It is found under C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings.

Deleting the file will have no other effect other than to set the GUI back to the default state (for that character only), which is easily correctable by then choosing one of your saved GUI presets. If you do not want to just delete it, you can also move it to another location, such as one level up ('swtor' folder rather than inside 'settings'), and then put it back if that has no effect.

Edited by -Wes-

Chosen:

Most likely the fix will need to be done on the admin side as noted above, which means that you just have to wait until they get to it to log onto that character! However, sometimes when you have an infinite load loop on a character, you can clear it just by deleting the "PlayerGUIState" file for that character. It is found under C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings.

Deleting the file will have no other effect other than to set the GUI back to the default state (for that character only), which is easily correctable by then choosing one of your saved GUI presets. If you do not want to just delete it, you can also move it to another location, such as one level up ('swtor' folder rather than inside 'settings'), and then put it back if that has no effect.

This didn't work, sadly :(. And still waiting someone to respomd from the support...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.